Advertisement

Author Topic: MN Autox Events  (Read 3041 times)

ConeKiller

MN Autox Events
« on: April 28, 2015, 03:14:09 PM »
The season is finally here. Please join me in some cone killing action. Don't be shy, everyone starts as a Novice. So if you been wanting to get into road racing then autox is a great start because who can afford to crash their car into the concrete barrier or buy a 2-4 sets of tires in 1 season.  It is a low risk, low cost, high adrenaline fun. A whole season cost as much as 1 entry fee to a HPDE track day at the big road course. Also there is very little wear and tear on your car. In fact I'm on my 3rd season with my first set of tires. If you live in the area, want to learn car control, want to know what it takes to be fast, and want to tame that inner beast that lives in your right foot you can register at https://www.motorsportreg.com/. For club affiliation select MAC [Minnesota Autocross Club]. Below is the schedule for the season [MOWOG series] + other club schedule. I'll be at most of the event and will driving a small blue mazda hatchback. Even if you don't participate drop by to spectate. If you don't try you will never know, and if you don't know you can't determine if you enjoy it or not.

May 2 MOWOG 1, Valleyfair
May 3 MOWOG 2, Valleyfair
May 16-17 SCCLAC Practice & Solo events, Winona
May 17 MAC Members-Only Practice Event, DCTC
June 7 MOWOG 3 - DCTC
June 13-14 Novice School #2, Dunwoody & MN State Fairgrounds
June 14 SCCLAC Solo Event, La Crosse
June 20 Austin Healey Club speed run & autocross, Amery
June 21 CVSCC Autocross Event, CVTC large lot
June 28 MOWOG 4, MN State Fairgrounds
July 12 SCCLAC Solo event, Winona
July 18 MAC Members-Only Practice Event, DCTC
July 19 MOWOG 5, DCTC
July 25 SoloPro School, Winnebago Industries, Forest City (tentative)
July 26 MOWOG 6, Winnebago Industries, Forest City (tentative)
August 2 COM Autocross Event, DCTC
August 8-9 SCCLAC Practice & Solo events, Winona
August 9 MAC Members-Only Practice Event, DCTC                                                       
August 22-23 – Wisconsin SCCA : Most likely is the tri-state challenge.
August 29 Austin Healey Club speed run & autocross, Amery
September 12 Wheels & Wings, Osceola
September 13 COM Autocross Event, DCTC
September 26 Austin Healey Club hillclimb, Waumandee
September 27 SCCLAC Solo Event, La Crosse
September 27 CVSCC Autocross Event, CVTC small lot
October 3 MAC Members-Only Practice Event, Canterbury Park (tentative)
October 4 MOWOG 7, Canterbury Park (tentative)
October 11 MOWOG 8, DCTC

Like this post: +1

Adverstisement

Sifu

Re: MN Autox Events
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2015, 09:02:41 AM »
GL this year.  I believe you're in the same class as my boss.  He's always telling me to finish up one of my cars for AX or for me to substitute when he can't make it to an event but AX just isn't for me.  GL!  The MAC group is a nice group of people though.

Like this post: 0

ConeKiller

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2015, 10:45:30 AM »
GL this year.  I believe you're in the same class as my boss.  He's always telling me to finish up one of my cars for AX or for me to substitute when he can't make it to an event but AX just isn't for me.  GL!  The MAC group is a nice group of people though.

Who is your boss? I know you said it's not for you but just do it! I know it can be intimidating and autox are slow speed fast steering input when compare to road course which is high speed slower steering input but if you are just there to have fun then you will have fun. I'm there to improve myself as a driver and to get my cheap fix for racing. if I get last place I'm okay with it because that just mean I got out driven.   

Sifu

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2015, 12:07:22 PM »
I'd rather not say who my boss is cuz if he finds out I'm here instead of working then my days at work will be boring.  AX just isn't for me.  I've ran a few times in the past but it just isn't for me.  Not enough running time for me and no passing.  I find the biggest rush is fighting for a spot and AX is all about the best line, finding time, the perfect lap, etc but I just get a kick out of chasing someone and finding a way around them.  It's just a personal preference but who knows I may show up to a few events once I've gotten my car fixed.

Like this post: +1

ConeKiller

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2015, 02:09:23 PM »
I'd rather not say who my boss is cuz if he finds out I'm here instead of working then my days at work will be boring.  AX just isn't for me.  I've ran a few times in the past but it just isn't for me.  Not enough running time for me and no passing.  I find the biggest rush is fighting for a spot and AX is all about the best line, finding time, the perfect lap, etc but I just get a kick out of chasing someone and finding a way around them.  It's just a personal preference but who knows I may show up to a few events once I've gotten my car fixed.

I've been to most of the event the last 2 year so r u sure we haven't met?

Sifu

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2015, 02:16:00 PM »
I stopped going about 4 years ago.  I wasn't too active but MAC was always friendly.  My last run was at a test and prep.  I was going to run my MR2 but I couldn't finish safety so I used my tC.  They wouldn't let me run because I broke a wheel stud on the way there.  Lucky another driver let me toss their IS300.  Before that I attended some other AX events.  It was the same experience for me.  Just not my thing.

yuknowthat

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2015, 08:33:55 PM »
Sounds good, but I still like canyon runs more... have fun! O0

ConeKiller

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2015, 11:24:30 AM »
Sounds good, but I still like canyon runs more... have fun! O0

I know someone that did that once. I don't think the tow truck driver had fun fishing his car out the side of the mountain. Lucky both driver and passenger came out in one piece and the only bruises were physical and mental.

CheechnChong

« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2015, 03:05:33 PM »
Awesome!

Keep us posted with your performance. I just got back from BlackHawk Farms and will be at BIR this coming Monday!

Have fun and be safe!   O0

Offline Boost

• Jr. Poster
  • "Year Of The Dragon"
  • Respect: +19
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2015, 10:19:56 AM »
I'm trying to make it out to Proving Grounds this year for road course.  If not with the S2000 then with the IS300.  Getting both cars ready ATM.

GR Supra - Armaspeed, AWE, Function Werk, Forge, JB4..
S2000 - AP1 w/AP2 Swap, GT35, Haltech, AEM, Tial, T1R..
RX400h - Hybrid

CheechnChong

« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2015, 11:02:32 AM »
I'm trying to make it out to Proving Grounds this year for road course.  If not with the S2000 then with the IS300.  Getting both cars ready ATM.

You should get some help from Tom lol  :2funny:

Offline Boost

• Jr. Poster
  • "Year Of The Dragon"
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2015, 01:17:35 PM »
Tom's setup is LOW N SOFT springs.  Slammed, but not flushed.  LOL   ;D 

RX400h - Hybrid

ConeKiller

« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2015, 04:40:28 PM »
Wasn't the winner of the road course at proving ground a experience corvette driver? I mean if you can take a car and drive at the same track for years eventually you will have a time even the professional with a fully setup car can't beat. I think that's what this one Porsche driver did.

Offline Boost

• Jr. Poster
  • "Year Of The Dragon"
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2015, 12:16:56 PM »
If its a track you know, you are going to do well.  You'll know what speeds to enter and exit corners at.

RX400h - Hybrid

ConeKiller

« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2015, 02:15:04 PM »
Because one of you asked here it is. I place 4th on the first event and 9th on second. Didn't drive so well at the first event and drove awesome at the second. Regardless I had fun, placement are just bonuses.

Advertisements