Advertisement

Author Topic: New Dragon Ball Series Premiering This Year  (Read 8596 times)

fOrEvEr_sUn_76

New Dragon Ball Series Premiering This Year
« on: May 01, 2015, 04:10:17 PM »
Yes, Dragon Ball fans, it's true. Prepare yourself for Dragon Ball Chou (a.k.a. Dragon Ball Super), it's a new series in the long running franchise, not sure if it'll be canon to Z or GT or both but it's coming and Akira Toriyama is returning to run the show. It may be premiering in Japan later this Summer and worldwide after that. See the confirm article here:

http://www.theverge.com/2015/4/28/8508011/new-dragon-ball-series-super-akira-toriyama

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline azn-guy

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +72
    • View Profile
Re: New Dragon Ball Series Premiering This Year
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2015, 04:24:04 PM »
its going to take place after the Buu Saga

fOrEvEr_sUn_76

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2015, 04:30:49 PM »
its going to take place after the Buu Saga

Perhaps or it could take place in the years between the time Kid Buu was defeated all the way to the final World Martial Arts Tournament in Z.

minorcharacter

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2015, 04:31:56 PM »
So... are we not counting DB Kai?

fOrEvEr_sUn_76

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2015, 04:39:23 PM »
So... are we not counting DB Kai?

DB Kai is basically a reboot or remake for the new gen, not a new series. DB Chou will have new episodes, storylines, and characters. Basically Kai is for the audience who grew-up now, Chou is for us DB fans who once watch Dragon Ball and Z on Toonami or read the manga in the 90s.

fOrEvEr_sUn_76

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2015, 12:24:49 PM »
So I was right after all, Dragon Ball Chou (Dragon Ball Super over here) is going to take place after the Kid Buu Saga but before Dragon Ball GT. Over 100 new episodes are planned starting July 2015.

http://www.idigitaltimes.com/dragon-ball-super-release-date-confirmed-july-2015-over-100-episodes-planned-440343

minorcharacter

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2015, 02:26:42 PM »
"but before GT" meaning Toriyama is recognizing it as canon then?

fOrEvEr_sUn_76

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2015, 01:26:22 AM »
I was going to ask that too!

so this is before or after Battle of gods and Revival of F?

It'll eventually be after those movies I presume but it should take place before the final World Martial Arts Tournament with Goku and Uub. Eventually we'll get to see how the present Trunks and Goten actually grown up. They say it'll have many new villains as well so we'll have to wait and see. Since Toei made GT without Toriyama's approval, now Toriyama would have to make this series so the event of the original would lead to GT (that is if he accept GT as canon to Z).

« Last Edit: May 13, 2015, 01:28:45 AM by fOrEvEr_sUn_76 »

fOrEvEr_sUn_76

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2015, 03:33:28 AM »
No one on the DB forums believes its canon.

They believe GT is non-canon simply because it makes no sense.

How does goku and vegeta go from SSJSS to depowered? where did the god powers go? 
I guess you can claim goku lost it when he became kid goku.  But that doesn't explain why vegeta can't be it.

That also doesn't explain why he had alot of trouble even reaching SSJ4.

IIRC. he did approve of the artwork and the story.  He just didn't write it. He oversaw the GT creation.
------------------------------
But I mean.  This is Akira Toriyama after all.  He did say that Pan couldn't go Super Saiyan because she lacked the blood to turn into it.. though as it turns out, Goku and Vegeta Jr. could go it.

I would think that maybe the God powers are just a temporary thing, perhaps Dragon Ball Super may shed some light on that.

fOrEvEr_sUn_76

« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2015, 02:12:54 AM »
This is how the new Goku will look like in the upcoming Dragon Ball Super manga by original artist Akira Toriyama. Hopefully the anime counterpart is similar. The manga will launch in the double-zied August issue of Shueisha’s V Jump.

Source page: http://robot6.comicbookresources.com/2015/05/first-look-at-goku-from-dragon-ball-super-manga/

fOrEvEr_sUn_76

« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2015, 03:23:08 AM »
Here is the Japanese opening intro for the upcoming Dragon Ball Super anime.

fOrEvEr_sUn_76

« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2015, 02:04:08 AM »
sad panda is sad.. where is my teen gotenks or adult gotenks at! :(

This is only the first season of DBS, I'm sure Gotenks will slowly grow into adulthood once the series hits more seasons.

Advertisements