Advertisement

Author Topic: Body of missing canoeist recovered from Little Canada lake  (Read 8868 times)

TseemYogHmoob

Re: Body of missing canoeist recovered from Little Canada lake
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2015, 02:40:45 PM »
i can swim to save myself, but even so, when I'm embark on such small vessel and especially with friends, it is better to be wearing safety floatation than to second wish you had on a safety vest.  Under sudden distress, the mind can panic and things could happen beyond your control. The water, the weather, the adrenaline rush, all can factor in you drowning. 

These young kids obviously, think not with their heads, but their cockiness got the best of them. My condolences, nonetheless.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

baddabing

« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2015, 04:38:47 PM »
Don't gamble with your life, just put on a life jacket.

FetishDream

« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2015, 05:04:02 PM »
My first canoe drowning incident happens in narleans when I was about 10 years old.  A bunch of my friends decided to skip school that day and so they went to the neighbor's house and stole/borrowed a canoe for a little joy ride.  Non had life jacket and only 1 is a skillful ocean swimmer.  His cousin was on board as well.  I was not invited so I went to school as planned. 

News later at school that a tragedy happened.  A week have passed and our ESL teacher was nosey so she wanted the full details from one of the survivors.  He said they were fine, going down a narrow channel river until they saw a duck.  The one at the front said to hurry up and paddle so he can catch it.  Out of all that excitement, the canoe flipped and all went down.  They were no more than 6 feet away from the bank so 2 guys were able to pull themselves to shore.  The survivor guy who be telling the story said he was about ready to give up and die as he slowly sank but at the last resort, he heard a voice calling for him to not give up so he doggy paddle himself upward and saw a branch.  The branch came from the guys that were able to hit land first so he too was saved.  The best swimmer guy knew his cousin could not swim so he went after him.  They found them both hugging each other.  The cousin panic underwater and wrapped himself onto the other guy and so they both drowned. 

I had nightmares for months.  My very first case of a death ever since I landed to the new world.  It changes my views and perceptions after that.  I recently found one of the guy who made it to land on facebook and wanted to reach out to him.  Dude too was traumatized so he did not reply back to me but I left him a note. 

When out on the lake, take precautions and no horse playing around either.  There was a case where a hmong family was at a lake and a speed boat came by too close to the shore and the wake just washes their young ones out and they drowned.  Such tragic but could be prevented if we take the time to think with our heads.  Pass the word and be careful out there.  Even harmless fishing trip from the bank.  Be extra careful. 

Offline VillainousHero

• Elite Poster
  • Villain or Hero
  • Respect: +398
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2015, 10:21:10 PM »
i can swim to save myself, but even so, when I'm embark on such small vessel and especially with friends, it is better to be wearing safety floatation than to second wish you had on a safety vest.  Under sudden distress, the mind can panic and things could happen beyond your control. The water, the weather, the adrenaline rush, all can factor in you drowning. 

These young kids obviously, think not with their heads, but their cockiness got the best of them. My condolences, nonetheless.
Which young kids?

The real villain is looking at you.  The last hero was just not true.  If everything works out in the end.  It's because all things make amends.

baddabing

« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2015, 09:38:47 AM »
In a serious note, even if you wear a life jacket...What about the zaj? Life jacket won't project you from the dragon taking your spirit away....MN is known to have zajs in almost every lake.....

Zaj will only come after you if you believe in him, so don't!!!

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +299
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2015, 08:27:15 PM »
I wear life jackets even though now I think I can swim.

I went through all 15k posts and those 2 quotes I found were the only ones so I guess that would make it "everytime".  Feel free to go through all 15k posts and verify by quoting them all.  You need to quote them all to verifying prove "everytime".   Please verify that Im wrong.

Advertisements