Advertisement

Author Topic: toothy fish  (Read 2256 times)

Offline VillainousHero

• Elite Poster
  • Villain or Hero
  • Respect: +398
    • View Profile
toothy fish
« on: May 15, 2015, 09:48:03 PM »
Pike fishing... Fun.  Only dogfishing would be better.

Right now don't care if their all less than 20" in length.

I need warm weather to get them dogfish to get active.  Maybe another two weeks.

Like this post: 0
The real villain is looking at you.  The last hero was just not true.  If everything works out in the end.  It's because all things make amends.

Adverstisement

Offline VillainousHero

• Elite Poster
  • Villain or Hero
    • View Profile
Re: toothy fish
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2015, 09:18:14 AM »
Giving some 40# fluorocarbon leader a try instead of using steel leaders.  So far just a few little hammer handles.  But I'm just surprised at how quite invisible this stuff is underwater.  I can barely see a line.

Product: Pline Shinsei fluorocarbon leader material #40 .

The real villain is looking at you.  The last hero was just not true.  If everything works out in the end.  It's because all things make amends.

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2015, 07:44:22 PM »
I used 30-lb lines and couldn't pull those buffaloes out of Marsh Lake in Appleton, MN. Lines broke most of the times. Out of about 50 bites, I got only 14 out. lol

"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

Offline VillainousHero

• Elite Poster
  • Villain or Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2015, 08:23:21 PM »
I used 30-lb lines and couldn't pull those buffaloes out of Marsh Lake in Appleton, MN. Lines broke most of the times. Out of about 50 bites, I got only 14 out. lol
Years ago we had a huge catfish bite as them buffaloes were schooling.  I still have memories of the unofficial state records some Hmong guy caught.  Let's just say it was longer than his height.  How he had to piggy back that fish and still a lot of the tail was still dragging behind him.  I swear that catfish could have ate that guy.  He could've pretended to be fishman and easily fool people.

Offline VillainousHero

• Elite Poster
  • Villain or Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2022, 06:08:17 PM »
So I thought I didn't need the big long pliers with the pikes.  It's been a while, did I struggle to pull the hooks out of their throats.

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2022, 06:45:26 PM »
My very first was going bass fishing in narleans.  Saw a big commotion splashing on the other side of the river.  I thought it was a bass so I threw my bass lure that looks like a fish there.  I caught a birdnest because young boy like me don't know how to fish.  As soon as my lure hits the water, the Pike took it and with a birdnest, I had to hand pulled that sucker in.  Lots of teeth yup. 

A surreal image is walking to a famous swimming spot by the beach of a lake.  There is an abandon hotel resort that looks like the type you seen in the 70's style.  In front of it is a swimming pool.  The water has already receded to about half way but it was loaded with floating pikes because them critters loves to hang out on top of them water.  I'm like who pet are these and how did they get in there?  Well narleans has lots of hurricanes and floods.  Water floods and fishes goes inland and water goes down and fishes got trap. 

They can get out but they have to wait till the next flood.  In the mean time, how are they feasting to survive?  I dunno.  Maybe a local guy be feeding them or something. 

I would love to go back and walk the trails that I once remembered.    When you young, you are naive and nothing scare you.  Now that I'm older, heck no I'm going back there and walk anywhere near the shore line.  They got alligator yo.  I guess I just got lucky and moved to cali before I end up dying or going to jail.  My folks sacrificed just to give their kids an education and a better chance at corporate America.   

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2022, 09:46:18 PM »
So I thought I didn't need the big long pliers with the pikes.  It's been a while, did I struggle to pull the hooks out of their throats.

Pikes, muskies and eyes need long handles.

"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

Advertisements