Advertisement

Author Topic: The Camera History  (Read 13204 times)

FetishDream

Re: The Camera History
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2015, 06:21:05 PM »
Before digital camera, I was too stupid to not know how I would get them pictures from my camera to load onto my computer so I ended up buying this one here. 

It holds media onto a 3.5 floppy when our computer and lappies were big with floppy drives. 

A friend took a picture of me over the weekend.  Camera looks like digital but shoots out Polaroid.  She said $20 for a 20 shot refill and I'm like..what? 

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

bulbasaur

« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2015, 05:12:26 AM »
Did you ever decide on one?  You seem to be flip flopping between a ILC and a SLR. 

I just came across the Canon g7x. A vlogging point and shoot with excellent image quality; nearly as good as dslr. Cost is up to $700. I really want to try it out. But for $700 (maybe add a couple hundreds) I can get a decent dslr or micro 4/3 already. The debate is going on in my head.

bulbasaur

« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2015, 05:22:13 AM »
Sony TX-30

Do you remember that Sony commercial with Steven Tyler?  I always like the design of simply flipping the lens cover down and taking a picture.  Well, a few years later, I found myself in need of a rugged camera because I was going do some outdoor traveling., At the time, Sony was promoting TX-30.  I liked the TX-30 because it didn't look like a rugged camera.  The camera worked great.  It was a relief that I didn't have to worry about it breaking in the rain, dirt, etc.  And yes, I got it in electric blue. 

The camera was unfortunately stolen when my car was broken into (It wasn't the only camera was stolen).  Even though I miss the camera, I miss the pictures on it more.  On a good note though, the cops actually caught the guy.  Maybe I'll tell that story in another thread...

« Last Edit: September 01, 2015, 08:39:51 AM by bulbasaur »

Missterious

« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2015, 06:41:52 PM »
I've been wishy washy on what I want. I need to stop researching and keep wanting something more and more and more. I think I've decided on the Sony a5100 especially for portability and its cool features. My sister has the a6000 but I like the flip screen on the 5100 for selfies plus the two aren't much different so they say. I heard the a7000 is coming out soon. Don't know if I should wait for it or not. I still plan to get the Canon 70D later on for the more serious family photos. I really want a touchscreen and the 70D also has wifi features and you know it's all about that nowadays.

I've also lost one of my cameras while out partying. I was so so so so sad because all my memories and photos in it were lost. Now I barely have any photos of myself and my kids from several years back. I didn't have it saved anywhere else.  :(

bulbasaur

« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2015, 08:32:43 PM »
From what you describe, I would suggest an ILC.  SLR gives better quality, but what good is an SLR if you don't want to (or won't) carry it around.  Plus, ILC cameras are more fun. 

I wouldn't wait for the next cool camera.  I suggest to just pull the trigger and buy the one you like that does everything you want.  If you wait for the next cool camera, then you will always be waiting because there will always be a next cool camera. 

Have you considered that you could have both and ILC and SLR?  I don't know your budget, but maybe go for an older model on both.  The lens you have for each would still be good for future upgrades, so you can always sell the body.  Canon and Nikon SLR cameras have decent resale value. 

I've been wishy washy on what I want. I need to stop researching and keep wanting something more and more and more. I think I've decided on the Sony a5100 especially for portability and its cool features. My sister has the a6000 but I like the flip screen on the 5100 for selfies plus the two aren't much different so they say. I heard the a7000 is coming out soon. Don't know if I should wait for it or not. I still plan to get the Canon 70D later on for the more serious family photos. I really want a touchscreen and the 70D also has wifi features and you know it's all about that nowadays.

I've also lost one of my cameras while out partying. I was so so so so sad because all my memories and photos in it were lost. Now I barely have any photos of myself and my kids from several years back. I didn't have it saved anywhere else.  :(

Missterious

« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2015, 12:26:30 AM »
I am going to get both types of cameras. The a5100 will travel with me most times. SLR will come and go with me as needed. I am aiming for quality so I will have to lug it around. I am also going to invest in a good prime lens for a better quality. For the past several years I've been taking pictures only on my iphone and then I thought, damn I need to get a camera. Cellphone pictures don't look so good when blown up to print. I don't even have any family photos!! I should start now.

bulbasaur

« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2015, 08:03:37 PM »
Did you settle on the 70D as well?  Two nice cameras at once, and it's not even Christmas yet.  :)

I am going to get both types of cameras. The a5100 will travel with me most times. SLR will come and go with me as needed. I am aiming for quality so I will have to lug it around. I am also going to invest in a good prime lens for a better quality. For the past several years I've been taking pictures only on my iphone and then I thought, damn I need to get a camera. Cellphone pictures don't look so good when blown up to print. I don't even have any family photos!! I should start now.

zena

« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2015, 02:26:21 PM »

« Last Edit: August 17, 2015, 10:13:43 AM by moonangel »

Offline SummerBerry

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +203
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2015, 10:54:18 AM »

No one want to lose memories.  I usually buy a new memory card each time one is loaded.  I also would print the photos along with a cd copy of all the images along with index.  After that I put everything away safe.  I don't even allowed my kids to take out picture from the photo album without permission.  The only photos I need to recovered are from my old blackberry phone that I loaded to the desktop or computer harddrive.  I didn't get a chance to print them out and then my desktop stop working. 

I don't take picture as much as I did before but my kids always snapping photos everywhere so I just make sure they send it to me so I can save, load and print them.  I tell them if they keep saving it and never print it they will never have memory.

bulbasaur

« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2015, 06:55:37 AM »
Canon 40D

The Canon 40D would be the first SLR camera I would buy for myself.  I got it for nostalgic reasons.  It had a similar look and feel to my parents' camera.  I really liked this camera.  I had a lot of accessories for it, and I took it on quite a few trips abroad. 

The camera suffered the same fate as the Sony TX-30.  It was stolen from my car.  The cops surprisingly caught the guy, but all those pictures are gone forever.  The thief apparently sold the camera off for drugs.  WiFi and a cloud is the way to go now.  That way, pictures are always backed up somewhere. 

« Last Edit: September 01, 2015, 08:39:32 AM by bulbasaur »

bulbasaur

« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2015, 08:46:09 AM »
Canon 60D

After my camera was stolen, I wanted to replace it.  The new 60D just came out, so it was the obvious choice.  The 60D was better in some ways, but worse in other ways.  I like the layout of the 40D better, but some of the aesthetics of the 60D were nicer.  The 60D felt more like the "Rebel" line which I don't like as much, but it's not bad either. 

bulbasaur

« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2015, 10:42:06 PM »
Olympus TG-4

I just bought a new camera yesterday.  I am doing some outdoors stuff for my next trip, and I wanted a rugged camera.  My previous camera got stolen, and I don't trust using my phone.  After some research and some hands on shopping, I settled on the Olympus TG-4.  So far, I really like the camera.  We'll see how it holds up after this trip and a few more. 

bulbasaur

« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2015, 09:46:11 PM »
People don't have the patience to actually hold their cameras anymore.  It more like, "If I snap 100 shots, one should turn out okay."  That is why GoPro is popular.

There's one thing I miss about the old days.

-Excluding when I'm taking pictures with the guys (well the older guys, my nephews and them youngbucks are different).

You only took a few shots, sometimes two just incase.  It was never 100x retakes.

bulbasaur

« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2016, 12:46:59 AM »
Camera Envy 1: Fujifilm x100T

Sometimes carrying a dslr is just too much work.  This camera is in the running for something portable but still able to give me something close to dslr functions. 

Advertisements