Advertisement

Author Topic: Arcade Sticks  (Read 2457 times)

bulbasaur

Arcade Sticks
« on: May 31, 2015, 01:01:17 AM »
If you have ever played a fighting game, then you probably wanted a good joystick.  You wanted that arcade experience in your home.  Here is my short list of arcade sticks that I have owned.  Some good.  Some bad. 

1.  The Super Advantage

I was going to use this to get as much "arcade" practice as I could.  Well, that didn't happen.  The button layout wasn't good for SF.  The joystick was unresponsive.  The buttons didn't press well.  All the things I wanted to do I couldn't do.  No plinking at all.  I wouldn't personally buy another joystick for many years later.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

bulbasaur

Re: Arcade Sticks
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2015, 01:33:31 AM »
2. Fighting Stick 3

I wouldn't buy another stick until fairly recently.  I was no longer serious with fighting games, so I figured any decent stick would be fine.  I settled with the Fighting Stick 3.  It felt good enough in store, and it was cheap. 

After giving the stick a few workouts, the buttons began to stick and the stick didn't seem as responsive.  I guess I got what I paid for.

bulbasaur

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2015, 10:21:58 AM »
So after a couple disappointing purchases throughout the years, I decided to get a decent stick.  I was going to get a custom stick, but then I saw the Hori RAP.  The price at the time was cheap in comparison to getting a custom stick.  The stick comes with Sanwa buttons.  The stick is light.  Some people would dislike that, but I don't mind it. 

itdiestoday

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2015, 04:08:51 PM »
Nice. I myself have the original fight stick that was released with SF on PS3.  I put it through its paces for a month before I upgraded the parts. I ordered from the akishop and replaced everything with Sanwa internals.  I also bought the PCB that allowed you to play across platforms.  So I can use it on the PlayStation, XBOx, and the PC.  It's pretty fun and legit.

Definitely recommend ordering from akishop if you need parts.

itdiestoday

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2015, 09:53:57 AM »
It was most likely broken if it was unresponsive.  For sure, prior to changing out the internals on my fight stick, the buttons would stick, some wouldn't work from time to time. Although I dont play on it as much anymore, my fight stick still works like a charm whenever I have the itch to play.

bulbasaur

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2015, 09:17:34 PM »
My Hori stick isn't built like a tank or anything, but it still works.  Then again, I don't play often, and when I do, I am relatively gentle.  I am not as aggressive as I used to be, but that is probably because I rarely play online anymore. 

Offline NtsesHnub

• PH Regular
  • FishSun
  • Respect: +242
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2022, 04:43:20 PM »
I got the Hori Fighting Edge stick.  It's got some weight to it.  I bought it when it was released a few years ago.  I'm planning to swap out joystick for an octagon bat setup.  I'm not a fan of the square ball setup that comes standard.   

Different 💩 same smell

Advertisements