Advertisement

Author Topic: Bibles  (Read 9164 times)

zena

Re: Bibles
« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2016, 10:48:55 PM »
I now have a NIV bible and a Catholic bible.  The journaling bible I want is an interleaved ESV bible but it's very expensive.  I'm hoping to get it though so I could start journaling.  Right now I'm writing my scriptures in my planner and it's working okay but not the way I'd like to continue doing it.

Btw, the Catholic bible is amazingly beautiful.  There's a photo of the pope on the inside page and also pages to write in baptism date, first communion date, confirmation date, family history, family members names, and matrimony info. There are maps of the holy land, etc., and descriptions of each books in the bible.  It's very detailed.  My NIV bible just goes straight to the books.  Very interesting to see the differences.  I still like my NIV, don't get me wrong. It's very simple and easy to get around. It's am amazing bible in itself.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

FetishDream

« Reply #31 on: February 29, 2016, 03:56:17 PM »
I now have a NIV bible and a Catholic bible.  The journaling bible I want is an interleaved ESV bible but it's very expensive.  I'm hoping to get it though so I could start journaling.  Right now I'm writing my scriptures in my planner and it's working okay but not the way I'd like to continue doing it.

Btw, the Catholic bible is amazingly beautiful.  There's a photo of the pope on the inside page and also pages to write in baptism date, first communion date, confirmation date, family history, family members names, and matrimony info. There are maps of the holy land, etc., and descriptions of each books in the bible.  It's very detailed.  My NIV bible just goes straight to the books.  Very interesting to see the differences.  I still like my NIV, don't get me wrong. It's very simple and easy to get around. It's am amazing bible in itself.

Take a look at this church still in building.  It is a 60 minutes show documentary about this amazing journey by a vision from an architecture who was well ahead of his times.  This host woman is also hot.   :D

God's Architect: Antoni Gaudi's glorious vision
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnNwpmdWm1w

zena

« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2016, 08:50:41 PM »
Compare them--all of them. If you do, I will tell you that there are typography errors in there. Peter is the worst writer in Greek. You can try reading HIS stuff, but I am telling you, Peter can't write Greek pho shiit! He can only write Hebrew; however, in Greek, he sucks asss.

Read everything text from old to new. If you read Hebrew, that's even better. If you read in Hebrew AND Greek (Old testament in Hebrew and New Testament in Greek), then I will consider you as a scholar by now. The originals are always better. Translation for other words to that words are difficult to translate. Some words cannot be translated, which indeed cause some problem to every people who wants to know the meaning of it.

I'm actually not here to criticize the bible or anything and I'm also not here to read the bible all the way through.  I'm actually following some scriptures and write them down in my planner and as I read them, I look into my life and see how I've followed the path of Christ or strayed and my reasons for following or straying and how I can learn to do better in my life as a follower of Christ.  As Catholics we focus everything on God so I try to look at the scriptures as simply God's words as well because ultimately, it comes down to that.

Anyway, I'm not comparing bibles as to which one's better than the other.  I enjoy reading the different interpretation s.  My heart is with the Catholic church so it's easy for me to read other bibles and other religions' thoughts and ideas without feeling like I am pulled away.  They all kind of build on each other. 

I am not a hardcore Catholic, btw.  I've just grown up in the religion and have had my issues with the formalities but I've grown to like it somehow.

Take a look at this church still in building.  It is a 60 minutes show documentary about this amazing journey by a vision from an architecture who was well ahead of his times.  This host woman is also hot.   :D

God's Architect: Antoni Gaudi's glorious vision

That's amazing.  Catholic churches are always so beautiful.  There is a church in the Archdiocese where I live and it is so immaculately beautiful.  I actually cried when I stepped foot in that church.  My dad was with me at the time but I felt so peaceful and felt this strong energy from God or something...it was powerful and I just broke down and cried.  My dad of course saw me wiping my tears and said, "There's no reason to cry."  I said, "I know but it's so beautiful."  Then we left quickly because I didn't want to cry anymore.  I'll never forget that.   

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 03, 2016, 01:14:44 AM »
Very well moonangel

I no longer get that feeling of yours but from time to time, i get goosebumps when there is a ritual that the holy spirit is presented. 

It is paranormal scientifically proven that the ghost radar goes off when there is a spirit or ghost presence. 

You know why you cried?  It is becausr you are overwhelmed.  Like if i see god or jesus christ, i shall pee in my pants and wheeping of joy for i am not worthy to see him but seeing him or hearing him, i shall be healed.   O0

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

zena

« Reply #34 on: October 13, 2016, 03:34:07 PM »
OMG I forgot about this topic.

zena

« Reply #35 on: October 13, 2016, 03:35:17 PM »
Very well moonangel

I no longer get that feeling of yours but from time to time, i get goosebumps when there is a ritual that the holy spirit is presented. 

It is paranormal scientifically proven that the ghost radar goes off when there is a spirit or ghost presence. 

You know why you cried?  It is becausr you are overwhelmed.  Like if i see god or jesus christ, i shall pee in my pants and wheeping of joy for i am not worthy to see him but seeing him or hearing him, i shall be healed.   O0

Yep.

Advertisements