Advertisement

Author Topic: DC vs. Marvel  (Read 31872 times)

bulbasaur

DC vs. Marvel
« on: June 03, 2015, 06:55:53 PM »
Because some idiot keeps stalking me to start a discussion about it....

I am in the camp that DC generally beats Marvel because the average DC character is more cosmic.  Marvel tends to be more "human."  That is probably the reason why Marvel movies are doing better.  Of course, if we look at the most powerful beings in both universes, then it all balances out.  Marvel has Galactus, but DC has the Endless ones.  I usually ignore the most extreme beings and just look at the mainstream heroes both publishers headline. 

Here are a few match ups.  I'll continue it later. 

1. JLA vs. Avengers.  JLA and it is not even close.  Superman alone can beat them.  The only guy who stands a chance might be Thor because he is sorta magical.  However, if Wonder Woman can pick up the hammer, then so can Superman.

2. JLA vs. X-Men.  The X-Men have a better chance of beating the JLA.  X-Men have psychic attacks, and many JLA members have fallen to psychic attacks.  However....

3. JLA Dark vs. X-Men.  X-Men would probably have a hard time with magic. 

More as they come.

« Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 07:04:28 PM by bulbasaur »

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

bulbasaur

Re: DC vs. Marvel
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2015, 07:07:49 PM »
So why ignore the most cosmic beings?  Because the argument becomes stupid. 

Galactus eats worlds.  He can eat an infinite amount of Earths and create a big crisis for DC.  However, Superman can just go around punching Earths 1-616, and Galactus would starve.  But then, everyone dies.  So Death from DC wins.  But then we Marvel's Death too!  Now it is Death vs. Death.  And so on and so on....

Offline azn-guy

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +72
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2015, 07:57:02 PM »

Offline dogmai

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +87
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2015, 01:09:21 AM »
Because some idiot keeps stalking me to start a discussion about it....

I am in the camp that DC generally beats Marvel because the average DC character is more cosmic.  Marvel tends to be more "human."  That is probably the reason why Marvel movies are doing better.  Of course, if we look at the most powerful beings in both universes, then it all balances out.  Marvel has Galactus, but DC has the Endless ones.  I usually ignore the most extreme beings and just look at the mainstream heroes both publishers headline. 

Here are a few match ups.  I'll continue it later. 

1. JLA vs. Avengers.  JLA and it is not even close.  Superman alone can beat them.  The only guy who stands a chance might be Thor because he is sorta magical.  However, if Wonder Woman can pick up the hammer, then so can Superman.

2. JLA vs. X-Men.  The X-Men have a better chance of beating the JLA.  X-Men have psychic attacks, and many JLA members have fallen to psychic attacks.  However....

3. JLA Dark vs. X-Men.  X-Men would probably have a hard time with magic. 

More as they come.

Avengers would win. I agree that it will come down to superman vs Thor. Thor would win easily because of superman's weakness to magic. Superman cut himself so easily when he ran his finger across wonder woman's magical sword. Also your logic behind wonder woman being able to lift the hammer resulting in superman also being able to lift it is flawed. The enchantment is for those who are worthy. Just because someone fights for good, doesn't automatically mean he/she can lift it. Superman is actually not worthy. There was only one time that he grasped the hammer, and it was only because Thor threw it and superman held on to it and used the momentum.

Offline dogmai

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2015, 01:13:02 AM »
I like this picture. Superman vs Gandalf. Superman bows down to magic.

bulbasaur

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2015, 09:55:03 AM »
Sorry.  I wrote all of this in haste because of some idiot.  I didn't really mean pick up, but hold, deflect, etc.  This is mainly because Thor would be throwing his hammer or swinging his hammer in a fight.  After all, picking up a hammer is kinda pointless in a fight. 

And Avengers wouldn't win.  And it wouldn't come down to Superman vs. Thor.  First, it is questionable if Thor can even beat Superman.  But let's give Thor the win.  How can Thor beat Wonder Woman, Flash, Green Lantern, and Aquaman?  He loses his "magic" advantage, and he is not even that magical to begin with.  For it to come down to Supes and Thor, all the other JLA members need to be taken down.

All the other Avengers either don't stand a chance, or are at best equals.  Batman can take out Hawkeye and Black Window by himself.  What is Cap going to do when GL puts him a ball and throws him into space?  Flash will just run circles around everyone.  Iron Man vs. Cyborg would be more interesting. Hulk is strong, but almost all of the JLA have a way to counter him.   

Let's not forget the "Superman Power Theory."  Superman is always as strong as he needs to be.  This pretty much means that he has no limit to his powers.  This is also the reason why Superman needs to get re-written every couple of years. 

And who do you want making your fight plan?  I take Batman any day over any of the Avengers.  Who is going to outsmart Batman?  Given the JLA as a resource, do you really think Batman can't think of a way to beat the Avengers?  The guy has shark repellent. 

That being said, if you read enough comics, almost everyone has done some crazy powerful thing that puts them over the top.  I mean....Batman dodged Darkseid's Omega Beam?  Really? 

Avengers would win. I agree that it will come down to superman vs Thor. Thor would win easily because of superman's weakness to magic. Superman cut himself so easily when he ran his finger across wonder woman's magical sword. Also your logic behind wonder woman being able to lift the hammer resulting in superman also being able to lift it is flawed. The enchantment is for those who are worthy. Just because someone fights for good, doesn't automatically mean he/she can lift it. Superman is actually not worthy. There was only one time that he grasped the hammer, and it was only because Thor threw it and superman held on to it and used the momentum.

bulbasaur

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2015, 10:04:23 AM »
These What Ifs fights are always dubious because everyone in both universes has done some crazy powerful stuff.  Running through time or inheriting God-like powers.  I think I said earlier that Supes can destroy a planet, but Thor can too.  Now it is a question of who can do it more easily.  The powers of each character also varies by the writer, so it is not even consistent.  What If and Elseworld stories are fun, but these versus scenarios are secondary to the actual stories of the heroes...at least to me. 

Is it chido?

---
Anyway.

Who from marvel that's not omnipotent can beat Superman Prime (one million)?
- One above all don't count cause he's basically a supreme god and omnipotent.

Maybe a thanos with all infinity gems will put up a good fight?

-ignoring the "batman beats everyone" logic. 
- for any JLA vs Avengers, Scarlet witch is ignored cause her powers are just as OP as "batman logic."
People have argued Hulk can easily take them all out. But nah. as strong as hulk is and as strong as hulk gets when he's mad.  Superman still has him beat.  He has strength speed, and he also has brains. Something hulk often lacks when he gets mad.

JLA vs Xmen.  it varies on how strong Jean is I guess. Phoenix saga, then umm.. I don't know.. JLA might just lose.
Wolverine - meh.  he's nothing. superman can just take him out.
cyclops - meh. he's not much.
realistically, Professor X could pose a huge threat since no one really wears a helmet in JLA.

Ones I would love to see.

Doctor Fate vs Dr. strange...  though I'd probably give the edge to fate, his powers seems limitless when compared to strange. 

Hulk vs Solomon Grundy

btw. careful now.  The goku guys will be coming and saying Goku beats superman.. which meh, superman still wins.

bulbasaur

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2015, 10:31:40 AM »
DC beats Marvel because he's BATMAN! 

This has really become a parody of itself.  Batman apparently can't lose.  Sure he is just human, but he's BATMAN!  Going up against a fleet of invading aliens?  No problem.  He's BATMAN!  Broken back thrown into a hell hole without proper medical equipment?  No problem.  He's BATMAN!  So he is going up against the entire Marvel Universe.  No problem.  He's BATMAN!   

chidorix0x

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2015, 04:24:37 PM »
/\/\  ...  kekeke  ...   :2funny:

Batman <--  in his BatArmor, which is clearly illustrated in every DC comic/animation being nothing more than over Johns (or polyester tights) has taken straight punches, plasma blasts, and outright weapons to the face from the likes of Darkseid, Bizarro, Killer Croc, Baine, Armored Lex, Grodd, Sapphire/Sinestro, Blk Adam, etc. and walked away without a scratch, even subduing these super villains with his "Bat Nuke/All-purpose Spray" he pulled from his aRse. ( :idiot2:)  Heck!  Batman is even more powerful/invincible than Superman (as Superman clearly gets bumps and bruises, and even his suit -- arguably of Kryptonian origin/material -- is shredded more times than not)  ...  KEKEKE  ...   >:D

This is another reason why DC is just pure "BS/garbage".

As for the "argument that Batman is a pure strategic genius"  ...  kekeke  ...  from whom (a Mastermind/Genius) and where (training facility) does he acquire all that knowledge/insight?  Oh yeah!  From his "Bat-belt/cave" ( :idiot2:)

At least with the X-men, they train repeatedly in the "Danger Room" for all scenarios/encounters, not only to hone their skills, powers, and teamwork but also their strategies etc..  Oh yeah!  They also have one of the GREATEST mastermind/telepath/genius, aka Dr X, as a mentor/strategist, and even a team member or members (Emma Frost, Psylocke who are also telepaths), and namely Jean Grey on their active roster/team in nearly every battle.  DUH!  ...  KEKEKE  ...   O0  ...   8)  (But that is NOTHING compared to Batman's "Bat Nuke/All-purpose Spray" he pulls from his aRse  ...   ::))

bulbasaur

« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2015, 06:57:39 PM »
Batman hears what you say, and he rebuts with...

/\/\  ...  kekeke  ...   :2funny:

Batman <--  in his BatArmor, which is clearly illustrated in every DC comic/animation being nothing more than over Johns (or polyester tights) has taken straight punches, plasma blasts, and outright weapons to the face from the likes of Darkseid, Bizarro, Killer Croc, Baine, Armored Lex, Grodd, Sapphire/Sinestro, Blk Adam, etc. and walked away without a scratch, even subduing these super villains with his "Bat Nuke/All-purpose Spray" he pulled from his aRse. ( :idiot2:)  Heck!  Batman is even more powerful/invincible than Superman (as Superman clearly gets bumps and bruises, and even his suit -- arguably of Kryptonian origin/material -- is shredded more times than not)  ...  KEKEKE  ...   >:D

This is another reason why DC is just pure "BS/garbage".

As for the "argument that Batman is a pure strategic genius"  ...  kekeke  ...  from whom (a Mastermind/Genius) and where (training facility) does he acquire all that knowledge/insight?  Oh yeah!  From his "Bat-belt/cave" ( :idiot2:)

At least with the X-men, they train repeatedly in the "Danger Room" for all scenarios/encounters, not only to hone their skills, powers, and teamwork but also their strategies etc..  Oh yeah!  They also have one of the GREATEST mastermind/telepath/genius, aka Dr X, as a mentor/strategist, and even a team member or members (Emma Frost, Psylocke who are also telepaths), and namely Jean Grey on their active roster/team in nearly every battle.  DUH!  ...  KEKEKE  ...   O0  ...   8)  (But that is NOTHING compared to Batman's "Bat Nuke/All-purpose Spray" he pulls from his aRse  ...   ::))

chidorix0x

« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2015, 07:54:32 PM »
/\/\  ...  kekeke ...  :2funny:

Additionally,  "Like Father.  Like Son.", there is BatBaby (better known as the whiny Boy Wonder who is barely 0.5 years old), who in his Bat-Diaper has already defeated Superman, Darkseid, Overlord etc by simply pulling a Bat-stinky from his Bat-Diaper ( :idiot2:  ... pure CRAP/garbage)... KEKEKE ...  >:D

( Yup! The BatBaby is more powerful/Invincible than DGrayson and JTodd -- who arguably have, if nothing,  seniority over the Bat-Diaper, but hey them ain't from the same/stupid Bat-nonsense CRAP so of course they are inferior ( ::))  ... kekeke ..  :idiot2: )

FetishDream

« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2015, 08:37:43 PM »
I like that hanna barbera indian guy who can make himself really big.  While everything on him grows big, his pisser will be big too so he can take out his bat and swing the earth and everything dc/jl in it to the sun and calling it a homerun. 

chidorix0x

« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2015, 11:46:08 PM »
FROM another thread, but DEFINITELY FITTING to be placed/re-iterated here  ...  kekeke  ...   >:D  ...  KEKEKE  ...   >:D

UNO:
...  kekeke  ...   :2funny:

And then there are these "DC clowns/heroes (garbage) "  ...  KEKEKE  ...   >:D

Plastic-Man and Elongated-Man (1 wasn't enuff, so 2 is a perfect match  ...   :idiot2:)

Metamorpho (Make that 3, spoke too soon  ...   ::))

Bouncing-Boy (Does it get any worst  ...   :D)

Vigilante and Shining Knight riding Victory (Yes!  Now it's the "Lone Ranger with a 6-shot revolver against machine guys/laser blasters" and an obvious "Middle Age Squire in Middle Age armor/sword riding Pegagus"  ...   :2funny:  ...   :idiot2:  ...   :knuppel2:)

And then ( :2funny:)  ...  kekeke  ...  well, u'all get the point  ...   8)

DC clearly must be helmed by snot-nose-faced KIDs: creators/artists/publishers -- under 12 yrs old  ...  KEKEKE  ...   >:D

DOS:

Then there are these "DC villains/garbage"  ...  KEKEKE  ...   >:D

ManBat (Nope!  Batman wasn't good enuff ... a literal "manBAT" makes more sense  ...   :idiot2:)

Bane (And while at it, throw in a Mexican lucha (wrestler for y'all HA'Mung.  DC's weaksauce variant of HULK, obviously.)  ...   :2funny:)

Bizarro  (And since DC is into weird-dumb, how about a Super-Frankenstein  ...   ::) )

White Rabbit, Cheetah (Let's not forget the "Playboy Bunny" and a "POOseey" while it is still ROCKHARD to STIFFEN our fanboys' fetish  ...   >:D)

Grodd, Mxyz (Now, now  ...  DC loves "animals", per PETA, and "midgets" too  ...   :2funny:  ...   :idiot2:)

(NOTE:  Mxyz is practically a God -- practically unstoppable/invincible -- except, well, if you can trick/convince him to say "Rumplestiltski n", then he is DOOMED!  StOOpid ( :idiot2:), but true ( :2funny:)  ...  ::) )   

Just to name a few of "DC's dumbest/lamest villainy".  What "powers" does the "Playboy Bunny" have?  Oh yeah, she can lick/suk/ride you to death -- literally --  super hero or heroine  ...  KEKEKE  ...   >:D

chidorix0x

« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2015, 12:01:30 AM »
Someone tell marvel to release good games.

MUA 1 and 2  were great! too bad they stopped with that. Haven't really seen much since then.

TASM, the gameplay, wasn't bad.  the game just wasn't good overall. 

-not like DC is doing better. all they really have is the arkham series. But the arkham series is AWESOME.

It is "BATman"  ... duh  ...  KEKEKE  ...   >:D
(Even the "Lego Batman" game was AWESOME (no joke  ...   O0)  ...  kekeke  ...   8))

Though not groundbreaking, arguably, the Spidey games (the ones based off of the movies that is) aren't too shabby  ...   ;)

Offline dogmai

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2015, 07:23:13 AM »
Batman.. time to plan + JLA's seemingly unlimited resources = game over.
Alone. Batman might not be able to take them all on.  But that's never part of his plans.  Just like in JL:Doom (tower of babel) it's never about batman beating all of JL, it's batman with the help of others, proper preparation, taking them all down.  Even in TDKR where people got the idea "batman can beat superman."  The plan wasn't to solo superman, but use everything available to weaken superman, which he did.  He used what's her name, Kerry (?) and the tank as a distraction, Green Arrow and the kryptonite arrow, electricity, the robo suit and so on.

So yea. I agree.  Batman will be the ultimate strategist and help them win.   
Avengers.. I can't think of anyone with that kind of strategist mind.
X men... Maybe cyclops? Though that's still a bit of a stretch.

I'll give you some clues.

He is a war veteran.
He usually only use one weapon.
He uses a round weapon both defensively and offensively.
He wears a costume that use the same colors as the flag of the United States of America.

One thing that the avengers have over JLA is that "he" unlike batman is a better leader and team player. It's basically like having the charisma of superman and the brain of batman in one.

Advertisements