Advertisement

Author Topic: DC vs. Marvel  (Read 31870 times)

FetishDream

Re: DC vs. Marvel
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2015, 07:35:10 AM »
I'll give you some clues.

He is a war veteran.
He usually only use one weapon.
He uses a round weapon both defensively and offensively.
He wears a costume that use the same colors as the flag of the United States of America.

One thing that the avengers have over JLA is that "he" unlike batman is a better leader and team player. It's basically like having the charisma of superman and the brain of batman in one.

Good imagination but you are also wrong.  IF you want to know, ask the creator of those characters and they will let you know by writing you a comic series. 

Your imagination means nothing.  What matters is what them creators thinks.  You are not that special so leave the imagination station to little kids. 

ta da  O0

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline dogmai

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +87
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2015, 02:45:16 PM »
Good imagination but you are also wrong.  IF you want to know, ask the creator of those characters and they will let you know by writing you a comic series. 

Your imagination means nothing.  What matters is what them creators thinks.  You are not that special so leave the imagination station to little kids. 

ta da  O0

I'm shocked. I never imagined you to take in my thoughts so deeply and passionately. Apparently I am getting some things through to you after all. So I'll say this, thank you for thinking that my thought was so special that you took time out of your life to respond to my post.  ta da  O0

FetishDream

« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2015, 07:57:36 PM »
I'm shocked. I never imagined you to take in my thoughts so deeply and passionately. Apparently I am getting some things through to you after all. So I'll say this, thank you for thinking that my thought was so special that you took time out of your life to respond to my post.  ta da  O0

Don't stop imagining and superman, batman, aquaman, spiderman can not beat What's up man. 

ta da  O0

Offline dogmai

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2015, 12:41:07 PM »
Don't stop imagining and superman, batman, aquaman, spiderman can not beat What's up man. 

ta da  O0

And What's up man can't beat Thor. ta da  O0

Still FAILED.  O0

bulbasaur

« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2015, 08:24:47 AM »
I would still take Batman's JLA over Cap's Avengers. 

Batman is probably the better strategist.  At best, Cap is equal.  I wouldn't go as far as to say better.  Batman can apparently figure out a strategy for anything.  It has become so absurd that it has become a parody of itself.  In fact, even the comics recognize this by calling him "detective."  They call him that because he can apparently solve anything. 

Cap may be a better team player, but that probably won't have much influence in the fight.  Batman is still well-respected, and the JLA rarely has problems during a fight.  The same goes for the Avengers.  The Avengers argue (even fight) among themselves quite a bit, but those things have very little influence in a fight because the Avengers always come together to fight the big fights.  Both teams always show up and work together when they need to.  Their individual relationships outside of the mission won't affect either team. 

If this is going to be a battle between Batman's JLA and Cap's Avengers, I would still take the JLA.   

Maybe we need to break the teams down.  Let's look at their most popular lineup...

JLA
Superman
Batman
Wonder Woman
Flash
Green Lantern
Aquaman
Cyborg or Martian Manhunter (depending on which one you take as canon)

Avengers (with an extended roster)
Iron Man
Thor
Captain America
Falcon
Hank Pym
Wasp
Hulk
Hawkeye
Black Widow
Quicksilver
Scarlet Witch
Namor
Black Panther
Vision

With an extended roster, Avengers have a chance, especially with Scarlet Witch.  However, if we let the Avengers have Scarlet Witch, then JLA should be allowed some of their magic characters.  And then, we start down the argument I said earlier about how things will just snowball into some crazy Universe vs. Universe argument. 

A more fun argument would be JLA Cinematic vs. MCU.  Thor and Superman aren't overpowered.  Batman isn't absurdly perfect.  There is no long history to figure out.  Etc. 

chidorix0x

« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2015, 03:47:04 PM »
/\/\  ...  kekeke  ...   :2funny:

Quicksilver, Namor, and Black Panther tecnically are not an Avenger.  (True, they had a short stinch in being a member, but that is just how Marvel mix and match every now and then, like how they are putting in Spidey as a member presently.)  The original/founding members never had these lone wolves.  And do not forget there are actually TWO Avengers team -- East and West Coast; thus there is still Wonder-Man, Hercules, Mocking Bird, Tigra, and others (the on and off members like Human Torch, Spider-woman, Moon Knight, Silver Surfer, Dr Strange, and even Wolverine etc.).

For sake of argument, we will just focus on the core (original/founding) members of JLA Vs Avengers.

JLA:
Superman
Wonderwoman
Batman
Green Lantern
Flash
Aquaman
Martian Manhunter

Avengers:
Caps
Thor
Hulk
Iron Man
Hawkeye
Wonderman
Tigra
Scarlet Witch
Mocking Bird
Vision
Hercules (Like Thor, he is a God.  Unlike Thor, he is 1 of Top 10 most powerful, at 5 or 6.)
Wasp
Antman

Given this original roster, with the exception of Superman, it is pretty clear how JLA will fair  ...  KEKEKE  ...   >:D  (And arguing all the NEW or recent powerups of each/both teams is just ludicrous, because both teams are invincible at that point, even Batman ( :idiot2:), a la the "Hellbat armor", which according to the comics, if he uses too much or overuse can make him mental, or drain his life away towards death -- so says the comic.)

But just for kicks and giggles, here is my take of JLA Vs Avengers (<, >, =, >=, or <=), as they were originally, minus all the ridiculous/dumb powerups nowadays.

Superman >= Hulk
Superman <= Thor (because it known/given Superman is weak/bows down to magic.)
Superman < Hercules

Caps, Ironman > Batman (whatever "BS" being argued in Batman's favor is just  :idiot2:)

Wonderwoman > Mocking Bird (she's human, no real super powers)
Wonderwoman >= Tigra
Wonderwoman <= Wonderman
Wonderwoman < Scarlet Witch

Green Lantern > Hawkeye, Wonderman
Green Lantern < Vision

Flash > Caps, Hawkeye
Flash < Hulk, Thor, Hercules

Aquaman < Hulk, Thor, Hercules, Vision

Martian Manhunter >= Vision
Martian Manhunter < Hulk, Thor, Hercules

Bottom line, it is the team with the MOST UMPH!  JLA technically only has Superman in this case.  But as stated, and is confirmed in the comics -- per DC -- Superman is weak/loses against "magic" which both Thor and Hercules possess and are, being mythical Gods.  Recall -- per DC, Superman can, was, and is defeated by Shazam/Captain Marvel and Black Adam, who are super hero of magic -- created by magic.  The only survivor I foresee in the JLA should these two teams face off in a "Death Match" is the "Flash" simply because he can RUN AWAY/OFF into another universe/timeline, if he doesn't get trapped by the Scarlet Witche's magic/telepathy first  ...  KEKEKE  ...   :2funny:

« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 03:54:40 PM by chidorix0x »

bulbasaur

« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2015, 04:04:42 PM »
Hasn't it already been established that you don't know much about comics?   :idiot2:

If you only want to argue the founding members, the Avengers have a really small roster and it's not fair to the Avengers.  Iron Man, Pym, Wasp, Hulk, Thor.  NO CAPTAIN AMERICA.

If you want to argue all the different versions of the Avengers, then you open up the door to all the different versions of the JLA.  JL Europe.  JLA Dark.  JL International. JL Elite.  JL Task Force.  JL United.  And on...

I told you an argument of this nature will just begin to get stupid.  Look at all the people now involved.  It will soon just become an universe vs. universe argument. 

And also, you need to work on your reading comprehension.  You're whining and arguing with something I already said.  Anyways, you're not worth my time. I'll just let Batman reply to you in the future.  :2funny:

/\/\  ...  kekeke  ...   :2funny:

Quicksilver, Namor, and Black Panther tecnically are not an Avenger.  (True, they had a short stinch in being a member, but that is just how Marvel mix and match every now and then, like how they are putting in Spidey as a member presently.)  The original/founding members never had these lone wolves.  And do not forget there are actually TWO Avengers team -- East and West Coast; thus there is still Wonder-Man, Hercules, Mocking Bird, Tigra, and others (the on and off members like Human Torch, Spider-woman, Moon Knight, Silver Surfer, Dr Strange, and even Wolverine etc.).

For sake of argument, we will just focus on the core (original/founding) members of JLA Vs Avengers.

JLA:
Superman
Wonderwoman
Batman
Green Lantern
Flash
Aquaman
Martian Manhunter

Avengers:
Caps
Thor
Hulk
Iron Man
Hawkeye
Wonderman
Tigra
Scarlet Witch
Mocking Bird
Vision
Hercules (Like Thor, he is a God.  Unlike Thor, he is 1 of Top 10 most powerful, at 5 or 6.)

Given this original roster, with the exception of Superman, it is pretty clear how JLA will fair  ...  KEKEKE  ...   >:D  (And arguing all the NEW or recent powerups of each/both teams is just ludicrous, because both teams are invincible at that point, even Batman ( :idiot2:), a la the -- "Hellbat armor.)

But just for kicks and giggles, here is my take of JLA Vs Avengers (<, >, =, >=, or <=), as they were originally, minus all the ridiculous/dumb powerups nowadays.

Superman >= Hulk
Superman <= Thor (because it known/given Superman is weak/bows down to magic.)
Superman < Hercules

Caps, Ironman > Batman (whatever "BS" being argued in Batman's favor is just  :idiot2:)

Wonderwoman > Mocking Bird (she's human, no real super powers)
Wonderwoman >= Tigra
Wonderwoman <= Wonderman
Wonderwoman < Scarlet Witch

Green Lantern > Hawkeye, Wonderman
Green Lantern < Vision

Flash > Caps, Hawkeye
Flash < Hulk, Thor, Hercules

Aquaman < Hulk, Thor, Hercules, Vision

Martian Manhunter >= Vision
Martian Manhunter < Hulk, Thor, Hercules

Bottom line, it is the team with the MOST UMPH!  JLA technically only has Superman in this case.  But as stated, and confirmed in the comics -- per DC -- Superman is weak/loses against "magic" which both Thor and Hercules possess, and are being mythical Gods.  Recall -- per DC, Superman can, was, and is defeated by Shazan/Captain Marvel and Black Adam, who are super hero of magic -- created by magic.  The only survivor I foresee in the JLA should these two teams battle in a "Death Match" is the "Flash" simply because he can RUN AWAY/OFF into another universe/timeline  ...  KEKEKE  ...   :2funny:

chidorix0x

« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2015, 04:12:01 PM »
Hasn't it already been established that you don't know much about comics?   :idiot2:

If you only want to argue the founding members, the Avengers have a really small roster and it's not fair to the Avengers.  Iron Man, Pym, Wasp, Hulk, Thor.  NO CAPTAIN AMERICA.

If you want to argue all the different versions of the Avengers, then you open up the door to all the different versions of the JLA.  JL Europe.  JLA Dark.  JL International. JL Elite.  JL Task Force.  JL United.  And on...

I told you an argument of this nature will just begin to get stupid.  Look at all the people now involved.  It will soon just become an universe vs. universe argument. 

And also, you need to work on your reading comprehension.  You're whining and arguing with something I already said.  Anyways, you're not worth my time. I'll just let Batman reply to you in the future.  :2funny:

...  kekeke  ...   :2funny:

U fur-gutz JL-Unlimited (for sum-1 ...  :idiot2:  ...  who claims/thinks they know the comics) ...  KEKEKE  ...  >:D

Not to mention, this sum-1, has a reading comprehension psychosis, as it was clearly stated; " ... orginal/founding team members  ... "  ... DOLT!  ... kekeke  ...   8)

bulbasaur

« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2015, 04:12:38 PM »
Too ignorant to even list the founding members correctly.  Please.   :idiot2:

Offline dogmai

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2015, 01:02:10 AM »
A more fun argument would be JLA Cinematic vs. MCU.  Thor and Superman aren't overpowered.  Batman isn't absurdly perfect.  There is no long history to figure out.  Etc.

If it's this, then marvel wins easily.

Let's look at a couple matches.

Thor and ironman vs superman and batman
Compare Thor beat the frost giants, chitauri, and ultron's army easily. Superman struggled against the kryptonians.
Ironman superior tech vs batman. Batman's most powerful arsenal, small missiles from bat mobile. Ironman was shot by a tank and rised up with little to no damage. Win goes to marvel.

Thor and Cap vs superman and batman
Thor vs superman same as above.
Captain America fought Nazi soldiers, alien warriors, and robot army. Batman only fought street criminals, mercenaries, and trained assassins. Win goes to marvel.

Wolverine vs batman
Wolverine's accelerated healing power and near indestructible adamantium skeleton vs batman's fighting skills, batarangs, and armor. Both of them do have elder and wiser partner(s) to help them. Batman only have allies to guide him with surveillance, where as wolverine has, the most powerful psychic on earth (X-Men reality) that has the power to control and/or freeze anyone before they could even get close to wolverine. Wolverine heals too fast for batman to do any real damage. Marvel wins again.
Besides, wolverine survived many gunshots including one to the head, getting stabbed, getting thrown through a house and being "burned" by Jean. Batman, well he did survived getting bitten by dogs.

bulbasaur

« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2015, 07:32:37 AM »
You can make that argument, but...

1. X-Men don't count for the MCU.  X-Men exist in their own little Sony Universe.  And as far as it seems, the MCU and the Sony Universe don't crossover.  Even Spiderman will be a different Spiderman. 

2.  If we consider the 80's films, then Superman has some crazy powers.  He apparently has kisses that cause amnesia.  Which also leads us to why Superman in the comics can almost not be beat.  He keeps getting more and more absurd powers.  That being said, you probably aren't talking about those old movies....Man of Steel maybe.

3.  Superman in Man of Steel is untested.  We actually don't know if he has a weakness to magic yet.  Judging just from the movies, Superman and Thor seem similar in strength. 

4.  Those Kryptonians in Man of Steel were pretty powerful. 

5.  Batman vs. Cap is closer what what you may think, but that is probably due to inconsistency in the writing.  Cap took a blow from Thor, but Cap had trouble fighting hand-to-hand with that one guy on the ship in Winter Soldier.  I understand Cap's shield not breaking, but Cap was still somehow strong enough to hold it up.  Cap should have been crushed by the downward force.  Since Cap wasn't crushed and he still had some trouble fighting the guy on the ship, that means that the shield must have some crazy force resistant properties.  In hand-to-hand fight, Bat vs. Cap becomes closer.  Movie Bats is already a master of several fighting styles.  MCU Captain America is not.  In fact, MCU Cap doesn't seem to have much fighting training at all.  Did Cap somehow get trained in fighting between The First Avenger and Winter Soldier?  I see this as a coin flip.  Bats being the better fighter, and Cap being more physical.  I am taking brains on this. 

5.  You left out Green Lantern.  It was an awful movie, but he was quite powerful. 

6.  Are we counting Jonah Hex?   :2funny:

7.  What about the TV shows that are apparently going to be movie canon as well? 

All of that being said, we probably can't even count Batman anyways.  The Batman trilogy might be their own thing. Man of Steel might be the start of DC's new universe, so even GL won't count.  DC may only have Superman at this point.   

If it's this, then marvel wins easily.

Let's look at a couple matches.

Thor and ironman vs superman and batman
Compare Thor beat the frost giants, chitauri, and ultron's army easily. Superman struggled against the kryptonians.
Ironman superior tech vs batman. Batman's most powerful arsenal, small missiles from bat mobile. Ironman was shot by a tank and rised up with little to no damage. Win goes to marvel.

Thor and Cap vs superman and batman
Thor vs superman same as above.
Captain America fought Nazi soldiers, alien warriors, and robot army. Batman only fought street criminals, mercenaries, and trained assassins. Win goes to marvel.

Wolverine vs batman
Wolverine's accelerated healing power and near indestructible adamantium skeleton vs batman's fighting skills, batarangs, and armor. Both of them do have elder and wiser partner(s) to help them. Batman only have allies to guide him with surveillance, where as wolverine has, the most powerful psychic on earth (X-Men reality) that has the power to control and/or freeze anyone before they could even get close to wolverine. Wolverine heals too fast for batman to do any real damage. Marvel wins again.
Besides, wolverine survived many gunshots including one to the head, getting stabbed, getting thrown through a house and being "burned" by Jean. Batman, well he did survived getting bitten by dogs.

chidorix0x

« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2015, 11:05:28 AM »
/\/\  ... kekeke ...  :2funny:

A/the DC fanboy/girl grasping at straws ( in both comic and movie) analysis and end results ... KEKEKE ...   >:D

( EZ quick KILL of Superman, JL strongest and sole contender, destroy the sun -- the source of his powers. Same goes for GL's lamp, the source of his power ring. No MU hero has such a dumb weakness, or dependency/requirement ...  8) )

Who did Bats beat in hand combat? Oh yeah, Bane who broke his back in round 1 and left him crippled.  Bats only won round 2 by breaking his inhaler, yet even struggled to overtake Bane.

And for the record,  Caps beat the ship guy including ALL,  or most of the entire ship thugs single handed ... Dolt!

« Last Edit: June 10, 2015, 11:12:46 AM by chidorix0x »

Like this post: +1

Offline dogmai

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2015, 02:41:04 PM »
Man of steel superman has a weakness that is very costly. That weakness is the environment of krypton.

bulbasaur

« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2015, 05:11:17 PM »
And Krypton doesn't exist in Marvel, so it's not really a weakness Superman would have against Marvel.  Marvel isn't going to have any Kryptonite. 

It should be noted that MCU Thor isn't really that strong.  Thor looks like he is only just as strong as Iron Man and Captain America.  MoS Superman looks stronger.  However, MCU Hulk looks stronger than MoS Superman.  Talk about Hulk...

Which Hulk is even canon?  Avengers Hulk looks like a different Hulk from the movies.  And each Hulk movie looks like a different Hulk.  It's too inconsistent. 

Man of steel superman has a weakness that is very costly. That weakness is the environment of krypton.

bulbasaur

« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2015, 05:15:02 PM »

/\/\  ... kekeke ...  :2funny:

A/the DC fanboy/girl grasping at straws ( in both comic and movie) analysis and end results ... KEKEKE ...   >:D

( EZ quick KILL of Superman, JL strongest and sole contender, destroy the sun -- the source of his powers. Same goes for GL's lamp, the source of his power ring. No MU hero has such a dumb weakness, or dependency/requirement ...  8) )

Who did Bats beat in hand combat? Oh yeah, Bane who broke his back in round 1 and left him crippled.  Bats only won round 2 by breaking his inhaler, yet even struggled to overtake Bane.

And for the record,  Caps beat the ship guy including ALL,  or most of the entire ship thugs single handed ... Dolt!

Advertisements