Advertisement

Author Topic: Video Game Hall of Fame  (Read 2779 times)

bulbasaur

Video Game Hall of Fame
« on: June 07, 2015, 05:04:09 PM »
So they chose their first class: Pong, Pac-Man, Tetris, Super Mario Bros., Doom and World of Warcraft  I am sure they wanted to narrow the list down, but there are many more than just these. 

I think they should also focus more than just the games.  They should have also inducted a few video game systems.  I think the NES should be in there.  Maybe they should have inducted a magazine.  GamePro, EGM.  They should have inducted some influential people.  Miyamoto comes to mind.  They could even induct some video game movies. 

Off the top of my head, some games that might also deserve it...

Final Fantasy
Call of Duty
Pokemon
Street Fighter 2
Zelda
Donkey Kong
Grand Theft Auto
Chrono Trigger
Goldeneye
Mass Effect
Halo
Sim City
Diablo
Unreal Tournament
Star Craft
FIFA
Tony Hawk
Wii Sports
Need for Speed
Gran Turismo

The list really goes on.  Not all these games are played by everyone, but they are influential in their own way.  Chrono Trigger may not be the most popular game, but it is often ranked very high in the best game ever category.  COD  sells like hot cakes.  Star Craft 2 and Street Fighter 2 are still being played competitively on the professional level. How many games does Final Fantasy have now?  Wii Sports wasn't the first motion control, but it started all this crazy motion control stuff.  It might even be responsible for pushing VR.  There are people who play FIFA  every year.   

That is not even considering the old stuff (Centipede, Galaga, Frogger, Space Invaders, Asteroids).  Or the silly (Microsoft Solitaire and Minesweeper).  Or this generation of gaming (Angry Birds).   

« Last Edit: June 07, 2015, 05:13:51 PM by bulbasaur »

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

bulbasaur

Re: Video Game Hall of Fame
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2015, 05:09:28 PM »
Smash Brothers
Mario Kart
Metroid
Castlevania

Come to think of it, Nintendo is representing. 

indricablurrmyis

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2015, 12:20:12 PM »
I'm surprised not a lot of people have heard The Legend of Dragoon. It should be on that list ^_^"
It is one of the best RPG games besides Final Fantasy 7 back then, in my opinion.
The battle system is so different but yet it challenges you on timing and reflex while smashing buttons.
~~~
I heard they remade a version of Chrono Trigger but it was a fan made game version.

indricablurrmyis

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2015, 12:35:15 AM »
According to many. FF6 > FF7.
But I do agree. Legend of Dragoon is an awesome game.  I sucked at timing. 

We all wish for a sequel or something along the lines of it.  But this is sony we're talking about.

Sony is like that kid that keeps trying to fart out the new stuff to look cool.

They had really cool games back in the days that could have been their long term mascots, but nope. didn't happen.

They had;
crash bandicoot
spyro
and several others.
Even Resistance is a seemingly dead franchise despite how popular Resistance was when the ps3 first came out.

Sony never made a sequel to TLOD because the people who worked on that project left sony.
Yea, all those games Sony made were pretty fun and cool. Spyro and Crash was pretty fun to play.

bulbasaur

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2015, 11:27:40 PM »
That being said, what's my personal video game hall of fame?  I am only going to include games that I personally played (which isn't much)...

1.  Street Fighter 2
Whichever version you want to pick is just fine.  This game was so big at one point that it was the face of video gaming.  SF is still going strong today.  Personally, I wasted hours of summer vacation playing this game.  Middle of the night in the dorm with nothing to do?  Street Fighter.  Summer camp.  Street fighter.  Hey look, an arcade.  Street Fighter.  I played many other fighting games, but SF was my game. 

Advertisements