Advertisement

Author Topic: a flood of rubies, precious stones  (Read 16286 times)

Offline captian

• PH Regular
  • Respect: +5
    • View Profile
Re: a flood of rubies, precious stones
« Reply #195 on: December 07, 2017, 01:55:13 PM »
I've been at work since 8 this morning.... So ready to go home. My brain is exhausted. My body too. I can't even make sense enough to write complex sentences. So the other day my nyab said to me, Did your niece ask you to play Settlers of Catan with them? I said, Yeah I played with them, why? She said, Well because when I talked to her, I asked if she was gonna invite you to play and she said, I dunno because Phauj gets really intense with that game.

LOL yes I do, can't help it. I once disowned my cousin for backing out on a deal with me, and my family knows that when I get that crazy look in my eyes, they'd better watch out! It was funny that my niece said that about me.
i can tell ya that most adults get into work by 8 also

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline Asharia

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +189
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: December 07, 2017, 02:44:40 PM »
Hah.. that's adorable! I remembered when I used to play card games with my brother when he was younger (speed, uno, whatever..) he would get so frustrated cus I always win. He'd say, "you should let me win cus I'm a kid" and I'll retort "that doesn't mean anything. get on with it." Now, that kid is taller than me  :D 

but speaking of competitivenes s, when I went on that trip I told you about we found a game of battleship and well.. we had to call in a ref to arbitrate because sinking ships did not sunk..

Lol so who ended up winning? That must've been one wild game.

So your gift has been sitting on my table for almost a week now. I'm so tempted to open it but I want something to open on Christmas day so that I can feel spaysho.  ;D This year I decided not to put up a tree since it's just us and we're not hosting Christmas. It makes me feel kind of scroogey but oh well...less clean up for me, I guess.

Oh yes, the reason I talked about gifts was because I think I will be late sending you your gift. Hope you don't mind too much. I'll try getting it there before Christmas but I can't make any guarantees.

Enjoy the snow in your part of the world. This morning we got a bit of snow but it's barely enough to cover the sidewalk.

Offline highway

• Jr. Poster
  • land of the pines
  • Respect: +98
    • View Profile
    • Kiva
« Reply #197 on: December 07, 2017, 03:43:21 PM »
Lol so who ended up winning? That must've been one wild game.
It was a disagreeable truce.

So your gift has been sitting on my table for almost a week now. I'm so tempted to open it but I want something to open on Christmas day so that I can feel spaysho.  ;D This year I decided not to put up a tree since it's just us and we're not hosting Christmas. It makes me feel kind of scroogey but oh well...less clean up for me, I guess.
You're spayshooooo to me all the time babe. My xmas tree is a piece of branch hanging on my wall. It's so hipster.. hah

Oh yes, the reason I talked about gifts was because I think I will be late sending you your gift. Hope you don't mind too much. I'll try getting it there before Christmas but I can't make any guarantees.

Enjoy the snow in your part of the world. This morning we got a bit of snow but it's barely enough to cover the sidewalk.
No biggie.. your friendship is all the gift I need (cue in sappy tears) but as you know I'll be gone that week . I think years of weathering the eastern seaboard has me prepared for winter. I hear the southern states will be seeing snow too but hopefully not when I'm there.

live simply so others may simply live
go vegan

Offline Asharia

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: December 11, 2017, 04:15:50 PM »
You're spayshooooo to me all the time babe.
... your friendship is all the gift I need

/cries sappy tears...

Offline Asharia

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: December 15, 2017, 02:58:19 PM »
These last couple days have been kind of hard on me. Yesterday I worked for 11 hours, then when I got home I stayed up until 2 AM making pho broth for tonight's dinner. Today I didn't get a chance to eat anything until now, so it's like breakfast/lunch combined. It's hectic like usual at work. But I'm looking forward to tonight. I invited my brother and his family over for pho. I love having the kids over. We build blanket forts and have Nerf gun battles until someone trips and has to have a time out (usually me lol). And after this past week, I could really benefit from being with people I love and who love me. It's a balm on my bruised heart. I'm also thankful to be surrounded by a loving family and caring friends. I'm so grateful for this beautiful life that I was blessed with. While I may not have much, at least I have a life where I wake up everyday in a warm house with food on the table, and people to share that life with. It's enough for me.

Offline Asharia

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: December 18, 2017, 01:36:03 AM »

Haruki Murakami, Sputnik Sweetheart

Offline Asharia

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: January 02, 2018, 02:42:25 PM »

My niece asked me to type while she dictated her story to me so I wrote exactly what she said. lol

Offline Asharia

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: January 09, 2018, 01:24:52 AM »

oh creature of longing
creature of mist--
                           furious & full of rage
                           caught in your self-made cage
fly in the sky, then fall to the earth and
bury yourself beneath ivory shells.
when the full moon rises
kiss the leaf
with tenderness.

Offline highway

• Jr. Poster
  • land of the pines
    • View Profile
    • Kiva
« Reply #203 on: January 09, 2018, 01:52:45 PM »
Ohhh... do you like novlr? Sometimes all the writing apps I use to get my thoughts in order can be so distracting...

go vegan

Offline Asharia

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: January 10, 2018, 01:22:45 AM »
Ohhh... do you like novlr? Sometimes all the writing apps I use to get my thoughts in order can be so distracting...

It was cool and hippy and very millennial and I used it for about an hour. In the end, though, I always come back to my faithful writing app: Microsoft Word. lol

Offline Asharia

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: January 10, 2018, 01:55:00 AM »
Is your heart filled
     with someone else's shadow now?
     Are you unburdened?

Oh, how mine is still filled with yours,
     your long, stretching shadow
     enfolded in a dusty corner.

It aches
                                             for any taste of you.

But I restrain myself
     because I know better now.

Offline highway

• Jr. Poster
  • land of the pines
    • View Profile
    • Kiva
« Reply #206 on: January 11, 2018, 12:13:52 PM »
It was cool and hippy and very millennial and I used it for about an hour. In the end, though, I always come back to my faithful writing app: Microsoft Word. lol
Hah. That's the exact sentiment I feel with all my writing apps..

go vegan

Offline Asharia

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: January 11, 2018, 01:08:46 PM »
Hah. That's the exact sentiment I feel with all my writing apps..

Lol which ones have you used or are using? While using Novlr, I started feeling like I was writing just to be trendy. You know, hey look at me, I'm using this cool program to finally start that novel I always wanted to write. All that was missing was sitting in a cafe and being all showy about it. Hehe. I started feeling like a fraud, actually, like I was just using distractions to give myself another reason to put off writing.

Just out of curiosity, which ones do you recommend? What was your experience like?

Offline highway

• Jr. Poster
  • land of the pines
    • View Profile
    • Kiva
« Reply #208 on: January 11, 2018, 01:40:37 PM »
Lol which ones have you used or are using? While using Novlr, I started feeling like I was writing just to be trendy. You know, hey look at me, I'm using this cool program to finally start that novel I always wanted to write. All that was missing was sitting in a cafe and being all showy about it.
That reminds me of this one time one of our intern said, "I work better at a coffee shop. I love the smell of coffee and the hustle and bustle" I was seconds away from rolling my eyes and telling her "then go be a barista". These new kids are so annoying.. lol

Just out of curiosity, which ones do you recommend? What was your experience like?
I have Ulysses and iA. I like iA better. It's clean, simple, not convoluted. I just like to type without the worries of edit or spelling or sentence structure until I have to.. lol

go vegan

Offline Asharia

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: January 18, 2018, 02:31:10 PM »
"The most beautiful part of your body is wherever your mother's shadow falls."

-Ocean Vuong