Advertisement

Author Topic: Honda, you're lame!!!  (Read 4812 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
Honda, you're lame!!!
« on: June 13, 2015, 01:37:53 AM »
Honda has entered the street legal superbike race with a race replica retailing for an eye-popping $184,000..

Later this year, the company will start selling a limited run of its RC213V-S -- the consumer edition of the production motorcycle that Marc Marquez has raced to two world championships.

It's much too soon to say whether the Honda will be a better or faster machine than any of those mighty motorcycles. But it will be the most expensive of the lot.

"For a long time people have been demanding a street-legal version of the RCV," said Lee Edmunds, manager of motorcycle marketing communications at American Honda. "So our engineers set out to build what is basically a MotoGP bike with a headlight and turn signals."

Versions sold in the U.S., because of emissions and other regulations, will not be as powerful as the 235-horsepower motorcycle ridden by Marquez. The U.S. RC213V-S will make only 101 horsepower.

Are you F'ing kidding me... :idiot2:

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline Boost

• Jr. Poster
  • "Year Of The Dragon"
  • Respect: +19
    • View Profile
Re: Honda, you're lame!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2015, 08:31:19 PM »
so 184k for 101hp?  Fukc that.    :2funny:

GR Supra - Armaspeed, AWE, Function Werk, Forge, JB4..
S2000 - AP1 w/AP2 Swap, GT35, Haltech, AEM, Tial, T1R..
RX400h - Hybrid

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2015, 11:00:16 PM »
so 184k for 101hp?  Fukc that.    :2funny:

Yeah, I rather pick up a used CBR600RR or R6 for a few grand, and add those topshelf bits to it for a lot less money than "$184k"..

hua

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2015, 02:21:15 AM »
I'm assuming it's only 101 hp because it's rev limiter is set at 9k rpms for us model. I'm thinking should be at least 150+ hp for the normal version with rev limiter at 14k.  Too pricey for me, but I do like how it looks as i've always been a sucker for honda's RC211V.

itdiestoday

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2015, 09:16:40 AM »
I'm assuming it's only 101 hp because it's rev limiter is set at 9k rpms for us model. I'm thinking should be at least 150+ hp for the normal version with rev limiter at 14k.  Too pricey for me, but I do like how it looks as i've always been a sucker for honda's RC211V.

Here's Honda's release on it.

Honda representative s say this was the only way to bring the bike into the US due to American noise and emissions regulations. And, again due to US laws, it's impossible for them to sell a kit that would allow riders to make their bike non-street legal. However, given the choice of importing this bike in a limited form, or not importing it at all, they opted to at least bring the thing over.

http://www.cnet.com/products/2016-honda-rc213v-s/

Emssions and noise. So sad.

yuknowthat

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2015, 04:22:06 AM »
Too expensive for my taste, ill just stick with my cbr600 and r6.. enough for me to have fun..

Advertisements