Advertisement

Author Topic: Why did you buy your wife?  (Read 1886 times)

nchan

Why did you buy your wife?
« on: June 18, 2015, 06:25:26 PM »
I'm talking about the bribe price. Why are Hmong parents selling their daughters?

« Last Edit: June 18, 2015, 09:31:48 PM by nchan »

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

yuknowthat

Re: Why do I have to buy my wife?
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2015, 06:53:37 PM »
I dont know why you have to buy your wife either..

chidorix0x

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2015, 07:03:59 PM »
Why are Hmong parents selling their daughters?

...  kekeke  ...   :2funny:

Y r u (among ur ha'kind/gen ...  :idiot2:) ha'ALL ha'ignorant ha'clueless HA'Mung  ...  KEKEKE  ...   >:D

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2015, 08:10:17 PM »
I'm talking about the bribe price. Why are Hmong parents selling their daughters?

Good news is you don't "have to"...for real...If the homeless couple in Minneapolis can get married w/o money, you can too... O0

MovKuam

Re: Why did you buy your wife?
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2015, 12:27:45 PM »
Learn to translate Hmong into English correctly then you don't have to worry about bride price, K.

NeejYagHawj

Re: Why did you buy your wife?
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2015, 03:09:12 PM »
people

the "bride price" is not a bride price at all.  the term "bride price" was created a few years ago by phd wannabees who could not come up with a better term for their papers.  because of this mistake, younger idiots and lost feminists took the "bride price" term into "selling daughters"....  have you guys ever wonder why mong are so weak?  it is because hmong would not stand by their ideas.

the true meaning of nqis mis nqi is "the cows/oxens/animals given to the parents  of the bride, in exchanged for the daughter and gifts/animals to start life".  Other forms of exchanging are "diav, XUB (ARROWS FOR FUTURE USE DURING DEATH SONGS), knife, chickens, etc... for those of you who do not understand this meaning, the matrimonial songs do not refer to "money" at all.  it only refers to "cows/bulls, etc".  also, these exchanging of animals is also linked into "death rituals" and future marriages between the two clans.  this is why we have niam txiv dab, cuag, etc during funerals.

so to answer the question...NO ONE BOUGHT THEIR WIVES.  we trade wives, in terms of money, animials, sisters, trust, unity, etc between two families.  this concept has no value in the modern world, but there are still those who value these factors very much.

if you want to know what "buying" is...go to your local farmer's market.  you will definitely see the difference.  when we buy a watermelon, we do not kumthawj (pe).  likewise, when we want to make a deal of buy 1 melon for 5 dollars...we could easily say "i buy two for 7 dollars.."  THESE THINGS ARE BUYING.  a mong wedding/marriage is totally different...we don't say 'how much for two daughters"..we say "kuv qaib pw koj cooj, koj os pw kuv nkuaj...etc'

get your facts straight brother.

Advertisements