Advertisement

Author Topic: Baller boot camp?  (Read 1118 times)

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +299
    • View Profile
Baller boot camp?
« on: June 19, 2015, 03:56:56 PM »
I mean...

Well I guess you could learn to crossover with this...

But honestly a crossover is not that hard to do..

but what I see alot of video's don't tell or teach is...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDO-i_VpnfM

They don't tell you to watch the defender's feet, but I guess becuase you really do need to keep your head up all the time to see everything but... you actually need to watch their feeet and watch it set, if they don't set, I don't care how many times you do a crossover you're not going to get past them.

That's just from my experience!

Nowadays I don't even look up, I'm looking at their feets.

But I will give away one of my secret!  Might work for some people, might not.

So! Here's a good way to get past your defender,  it's a crossover but..I'm not sure what it is..

You have to watch their arms.. .

If they aren't biting any direction, or you're just kinda lazy and a laid back dribble and you want to get past your defender with a lazy dribble...

Dribble into the defender, watch his arms...  crossover it right under his arm... and you're gone!

But!  It is risky becuase well.. it has a high turnover rate.  Once they figure out that's a move you have well.. They keep their hands lower.

Like this post: 0
I went through all 15k posts and those 2 quotes I found were the only ones so I guess that would make it "everytime".  Feel free to go through all 15k posts and verify by quoting them all.  You need to quote them all to verifying prove "everytime".   Please verify that Im wrong.

Adverstisement

bulbasaur

Re: Baller boot camp?
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2015, 07:32:59 PM »
1.  Guards should keep their heads up.  You can still look at feet position while still keeping your head up.  Plus, it makes whatever fake you do more convincing.  If you already have your head down, they are already anticipating the drive.  I guess that might work if you are really a pass-first guy pretending to be a drive-first guy.  But if you are a drive-first guy, it doesn't help as much to already show what you want to do.

2.  The move you describe doesn't sound like a crossover.  It sounds like a regular drive.  I suppose you could crossover into your move making it into some combo move.  As long as people turn hard on their drive, they should be okay.  A lot of people don't turn hard enough on their drive. 

3.  Any move with a high turnover rate is not worth it.  That's like taking a half court shot.  It's not being defended.  It looks cool when it goes in.  But it's pathetic when I only make one. 

4.  Doing a crossover today is easy because you're allowed to carry and travel.  As long as you do it fast enough, no one will call it. 

Like this post: 0

Advertisements