Advertisement

Author Topic: Anyone see the new 2016 Honda Pilot?  (Read 3086 times)

Offline SummerBerry

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +203
    • View Profile
Anyone see the new 2016 Honda Pilot?
« on: June 19, 2015, 04:32:49 PM »
Why do I get a feeling they look like cr-v but also like the Acura MDX.  I'm waiting for the released of 2016 Odessey but I'm going to check out the Pilot this weekend. I personally do not want a van as the next car but another suv is still going to give us the same problem with kids.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +299
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone see the new 2016 Honda Pilot?
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2015, 04:55:46 PM »
Moe Van!!!

I'm thinking about maybe trading my civic for an odessey as well

I went through all 15k posts and those 2 quotes I found were the only ones so I guess that would make it "everytime".  Feel free to go through all 15k posts and verify by quoting them all.  You need to quote them all to verifying prove "everytime".   Please verify that Im wrong.

Hitokiri

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2015, 11:27:27 PM »
Why do I get a feeling they look like cr-v but also like the Acura MDX.  I'm waiting for the released of 2016 Odessey but I'm going to check out the Pilot this weekend. I personally do not want a van as the next car but another suv is still going to give us the same problem with kids.

As with all new cars or cars that have changes done to them - it's a good idea to wait a a couple of years before buying them if you can. This is because new cars or a new generation of cars usually have issues with them. It's not usually until 2-3 years into a car's generation that the issues are resolved or fixed. At least wait a half a year just in case there are issues that come up. Just a warning.

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2015, 01:42:00 AM »

If I was looking for a SUV, I would get a "real" SUV that uses a truck frame like the 4Runner:

Sleipnir

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2015, 12:17:27 PM »
If I was looking for a SUV, I would get a "real" SUV that uses a truck frame like the 4Runner:

I've seen and driven a 4runner and it's a great vehicle but I would not get one for hauling kids around.  It's more geared towards the outdoorsy/off the beaten path adult with no kids but have lots of toys to haul around.

IMO, a Sequoia does a much better job when you have carseats and hualing kids, strollers, sporting equipment, etc. around....  and you need outlets for devices, built in entertainment. ..  something that could do a long roadtrip and tow a boat/camper...

But when I saw that the Sequoia had built-in sun visors on the passenger doors for babies in carseats...  I was like, SOLD.  I'm getting one when the time is right.

Plus it also has pretty easy access for kids with the steps the way the designed it so you don't have to pick up a toddler to climb in...  and you also don't have to fold/slide the captains passenger chair which is super nice when you have a carseat harnessed in so another kid can go around it (something I really disliked about the highlander and pilot, you have to fold the passenger seat down to get to the third row which isn't nice if you need a carseat and bigger kids to crawl in the back).

And, the Sequoia has what I feel is the only "true" third row seating, even compared to it's domestic competitors like the Yukon.  Someone who is 6 foot tall could sit back there and not feel cramped in a fetal position.

Offline SummerBerry

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2015, 12:22:11 PM »
As with all new cars or cars that have changes done to them - it's a good idea to wait a a couple of years before buying them if you can. This is because new cars or a new generation of cars usually have issues with them. It's not usually until 2-3 years into a car's generation that the issues are resolved or fixed. At least wait a half a year just in case there are issues that come up. Just a warning.

My sister got a new 2015 RAV4 6 months ago and it has been sitting at the dealership for 3 weeks because of recall about computer misfuction.  They loaned her one of their car but she can't sit around and wait and want to go home for the summer because she's a teacher and need her break.  She drove that car home and whenever the car is ready They will call her and she will make that 7 hrs trip.

I told my sister even with recall check to see if it is necessary otherwise I wouldn't want my car taken apart if it is driving fine.  I have never done recall on any Toyota cars I've owned. 

Offline SummerBerry

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2015, 12:34:34 PM »
I've seen and driven a 4runner and it's a great vehicle but I would not get one for hauling kids around.  It's more geared towards the outdoorsy/off the beaten path adult with no kids but have lots of toys to haul around.

IMO, a Sequoia does a much better job when you have carseats and hualing kids, strollers, sporting equipment, etc. around....  and you need outlets for devices, built in entertainment. ..  something that could do a long roadtrip and tow a boat/camper...

But when I saw that the Sequoia had built-in sun visors on the passenger doors for babies in carseats...  I was like, SOLD.  I'm getting one when the time is right.

Plus it also has pretty easy access for kids with the steps the way the designed it so you don't have to pick up a toddler to climb in...  and you also don't have to fold/slide the captains passenger chair which is super nice when you have a carseat harnessed in so another kid can go around it (something I really disliked about the highlander and pilot, you have to fold the passenger seat down to get to the third row which isn't nice if you need a carseat and bigger kids to crawl in the back).

And, the Sequoia has what I feel is the only "true" third row seating, even compared to it's domestic competitors like the Yukon.  Someone who is 6 foot tall could sit back there and not feel cramped in a fetal position.

One thing I hate about 3rd seat in my highlander is getting the kids in.  They either climb over or fold/slide 2nd but they're not strong enough to snap the 2nd row seat back up. 

Second I hate car seat but my 7 and 8 yo sit in the 3rd row seat without booster seat now.  My 3 and 5 yo with their high booster seat in 2nd row leaving the small tiny middle seat for my 15 yo is a joke.  It's never comfortable with the whole family in the car for trip. 

I told my husband instead of paying off the remaining balance on the highlander we could just trade it in for a van.  He said No and he still want that car and if I want a van he'll get me one next.  I don't see why we need it around anymore. 

Offline SummerBerry

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2015, 12:38:33 PM »

Bigger version of suv are too big for us to drive since I'm only 5 feet and my husband 5'4.  We should be driving cr-v/RAV4 vs pilot/highlander. 

Sleipnir

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2015, 11:24:48 AM »
One thing I hate about 3rd seat in my highlander is getting the kids in.  They either climb over or fold/slide 2nd but they're not strong enough to snap the 2nd row seat back up. 

Second I hate car seat but my 7 and 8 yo sit in the 3rd row seat without booster seat now.  My 3 and 5 yo with their high booster seat in 2nd row leaving the small tiny middle seat for my 15 yo is a joke.  It's never comfortable with the whole family in the car for trip. 

I told my husband instead of paying off the remaining balance on the highlander we could just trade it in for a van.  He said No and he still want that car and if I want a van he'll get me one next.  I don't see why we need it around anymore.

Yeah, a highlander is pretty small IMO for that big of a family.

You guys should test drive a Sequoia with everyone and everything in it.  It's hard for someone to see how much of a hassle it is when you don't haul the kids around in it day in and day out...  how much one little change/upgrade and make life so much easier.

It is a larger vehicle, but I have driven it and it actually drives easier than you think...  but I do drive a 2013 Tundra too.

Offline SummerBerry

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2015, 02:35:10 AM »
Yeah, a highlander is pretty small IMO for that big of a family.

You guys should test drive a Sequoia with everyone and everything in it.  It's hard for someone to see how much of a hassle it is when you don't haul the kids around in it day in and day out...  how much one little change/upgrade and make life so much easier.

It is a larger vehicle, but I have driven it and it actually drives easier than you think...  but I do drive a 2013 Tundra too.

Sequoia and Tundra are way too big for husband and I.  Sienna will be better but we never like them because that what we should have got in the 1st place instead of the highlander.  My husband was like it make you look old.... Whatever....

I never been able to see a Nissan Quest at the dealership on spot. I seen used one at used dealership.   If our sil and bil didn't owed so much on their Nissan Quest when they divorced we could have took over it but...... 

Sleipnir

« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2015, 10:20:27 AM »
Sequoia and Tundra are way too big for husband and I.  Sienna will be better but we never like them because that what we should have got in the 1st place instead of the highlander.  My husband was like it make you look old.... Whatever....

I never been able to see a Nissan Quest at the dealership on spot. I seen used one at used dealership.   If our sil and bil didn't owed so much on their Nissan Quest when they divorced we could have took over it but......

Yeah, you guys should be fine with a mini van especially in CA.  I think if you just need to get around town and get groceries, go to activities and relatives, etc...  a mini van would be perfect since you don't have snow to deal with.

I live in MN and having a larger SUV with 4WD is super nice in the snow.  I don't even drive my car in a snowstorm anymore, i just drive my truck.

But I totally get the whole vibe of feeling old/uncool driving a mini van.  I personally would not get a mini van either just for that reason...  when I can get a larger SUV that can practically do it all.

1) Haul all of the kids/carseats comfortably
2) Able to tow large loads like a camper/boat and have room to haul people
3) Look pretty cool doing it

yuknowthat

« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2015, 03:13:00 PM »
mo van all day! soo roomy! i wouldn't mind having one for road trips..

Advertisements