Advertisement

Author Topic: Hook pricing  (Read 1267 times)

Offline VillainousHero

• Elite Poster
  • Villain or Hero
  • Respect: +398
    • View Profile
Hook pricing
« on: June 29, 2015, 12:00:23 AM »
I just happen to look at a hook pack that I had bought years ago.  I remember they were the Mustard ultrapoint series.  It was a light wire wide gap bass hook.  It used to cost $6.99 for 25 pack.  I saw the same package at Cabela's for $13.99 now.  Wow what a price hike.  From barely over a Quarter a hook to now over a Half Dollar cost.  Can't afford to lose hooks needlessly now. 

Like this post: 0
The real villain is looking at you.  The last hero was just not true.  If everything works out in the end.  It's because all things make amends.

Adverstisement

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
Re: Hook pricing
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2015, 01:22:09 AM »
Yeah. Things are going up in prices.

So, I've looked around. Some times I run into garage sales with packs for just a $1.00 or so. I've run into another shop in Duluth during smelting time where I got about 50 hooks for just $0.25. (But they are small hooks, enough for pan fish and white bass only.)

"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

Offline VillainousHero

• Elite Poster
  • Villain or Hero
  • Respect: +398
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2015, 01:32:55 PM »
I'm not a good swimmer so unless its fairly shallow, knee deep I will give up.   I definitely agree on the more economical hooks.  I might resort to using pins and needles for hooks.

The real villain is looking at you.  The last hero was just not true.  If everything works out in the end.  It's because all things make amends.

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2015, 11:51:54 PM »
Or we could turn to just putting baits on lines. But that requires skills: you have pull the lines back out quick enough before the fish remembers to let go off the bite. lol

"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

Advertisements