Advertisement

Author Topic: Traveling Partner: Needed  (Read 5503 times)

San Diego

Traveling Partner: Needed
« on: July 07, 2015, 03:15:32 PM »
SERIOUS INQUIRIES ONLY:

Hi everyone.  Just wanted to know if anyone on here or if you know anyone that wants to travel to be my traveling partner for this year and every other two years, please do let me know.  That's how i plan to travel around the world - every 2 years.   Two years ago i went to Japan and Laos for the whole month of December.  I had a great time.  The reason i said every 2 years is because i need a year to save up my vacation time then the next year, i used the whole month to travel.

For this year, i'm looking at the dates for Novermber 24th - January 1st.  My vacation request has been approved from my workplace already.  Supposedly, my two sisters and younger brother were going to go with me but they decided not to go due to injury and lost of job.  So, for now, i'm traveling solo.

The places that i wanted to explore are as follow below:

Phuket, Ko Samui, Chiangmai, Thailand
Laos (NON HAI) - visiting KWV TIJ and giving them money and presents.  Once we visit Laos, i have people to show us around so no worries.
Son La & Hanoi, Vietnam

Of course if time permits, there are other places that i wanted to explore and do.

UPDATES:

Will be flying out this Thursday..Than ksgiving day.  This is only the flight to Bangkok,

« Last Edit: November 24, 2015, 11:29:21 PM by San Diego »

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline thehotone

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +18
    • View Profile
Re: Traveling Partner: Needed
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2015, 10:37:24 AM »
I know how you feel! I'm in need a traveling partner also. I hate to travel solo bc I'm a woman and quite naturally I just don't do well solo. But have fun on your adventures! That is what life is all about!

Renaissance

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2015, 01:24:06 PM »
A bunch of us friends are going to the destinations you are going but next year in March.  We plan on doing the SE Asian cruise from Singapore for 11 nights.  Then on land for about 10 days it will be Phukhet, Chiang Mai, Bangkok, and parts of Laos.

Safe travels to you.  I'm sure if you are willing to dish out free airfare ticket as an inducement there will be a few female takers.  lol O0

Offline SummerBerry

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +203
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2015, 03:30:48 AM »
My parents are suppose to go at the end of this year to Laos for the very last time but because my uncle is here in the US and returning home in October they decide to wait it out next year.  It will also be my uncle last time here in the US.  He was here for 6 months the 1st time because of a military death in GA.  The family in GA had app for 4 people to come to the funeral but only my uncle and aunt got through the process which was a quick 2 weeks.  I don't know how the military does it. 

This last trip my parents want to visit as many places they can from birthplace, old village, etc.  My mom said if you can get 6-7 people and each pay a driver with a van $150 that person will take you anywhere and also stayed with you guys until the end of the trip. 

Offline Hung_Low

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +245
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2015, 09:17:43 PM »
SERIOUS INQUIRIES ONLY:

Hi everyone.  Just wanted to know if anyone on here or if you know anyone that wants to travel to be my traveling partner for this year and every other two years, please do let me know.  That's how i plan to travel around the world - every 2 years.   Two years ago i went to Japan and Laos for the whole month of December.  I had a great time.  The reason i said every 2 years is because i need a year to save up my vacation time then the next year, i used the whole month to travel.

For this year, i'm looking at the dates for Novermber 24th - January 1st.  My vacation request has been approved from my workplace already.  Supposedly, my two sisters and younger brother were going to go with me but they decided not to go due to injury and lost of job.  So, for now, i'm traveling solo.

The places that i wanted to explore are as follow below:

Phuket, Ko Samui, Chiangmai, Thailand
Laos (NON HAI) - visiting KWV TIJ and giving them money and presents.  Once we visit Laos, i have people to show us around so no worries.
Son La & Hanoi, Vietnam

Of course if time permits, there are other places that i wanted to explore and do.

Below are the price of tickets flying out of Los Angeles, California to Beijeing, China and to Bangkok, Thailand for Novermber 24th - January 1st.

On the side note, just remember that this is a traveling adventures and not a dating adventures. :)

I would love to be your travel partner, but I can't. If only you had ask last year. I went to Thailand, Laos, Vietnam and Cambodia all in month's time. I just used majority of my vacation going to CA this summer and Florida in the early part of this year. Next year, I plan on going to Europe, not Asia.

- Maxi pad not greatest thing on earth but next to it.

JaS

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2015, 02:05:08 PM »
I would love to be your traveling partner but you would have to paid for all my expenses!

Offline SummerBerry

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2015, 07:14:32 PM »
I would love to be your travel partner, but I can't. If only you had ask last year. I went to Thailand, Laos, Vietnam and Cambodia all in month's time. I just used majority of my vacation going to CA this summer and Florida in the early part of this year. Next year, I plan on going to Europe, not Asia.

If you go to Europe and know the places you want to see and do.  Let me know and I probably can get my husband co-worker's wife to get you a good discount since she's a agent for Europe Destination.   My husband and the co-worker went to Europe for almost 2 weeks for $1800.  It included hotel every night, train and bus fare and one flight from London to Germany.  They actually visited Paris, Rome, etc.

Our daughter is going to Netherlands during spring break this year and it cost $1700 just for the flight ticket from here to Netherlands and then from there to Paris/Rome when all the students/teachers/parents get together for 1-2 day.  The remaining time spend is staying with the host family or the student that we are hosting when they come here.  If we don't host the student then my daughter can't go to Netherlands.  It wasn't even a good deal as what my husband and the co-worker had for their Europe vacation.  When the student is here and staying with us they are visiting Yosemite National Park. I guess being tourism or a visitor must be one big attraction or a must see...........  I didn't work with her AP English teacher on this trip as I wasn't sure if we was going to let our daughter go but she been asking too much so we want to give her the experience. 

San Diego

« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2015, 11:26:24 PM »
See you all back here next year.  Leaving to Bangkok, Thiailand this Thursday...

Gonna enjoy my 35 days in Phuket, Chiangmai, and Non Hai, Laos...^_^

San Diego

« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2015, 11:27:09 PM »
I would love to be your traveling partner but you would have to paid for all my expenses!

Only if i were rich..^_^

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2015, 11:56:21 PM »
See you all back here next year.  Leaving to Bangkok, Thiailand this Thursday...

Gonna enjoy my 35 days in Phuket, Chiangmai, and Non Hai, Laos...^_^

Enjoy your trip man!

As I've said before, I have no desire to go back to those countries as I've already lived there but for those that do, just do it! Live while you can...O0

Take some pics and post it when you get back... 8)

Offline SummerBerry

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2015, 07:05:01 PM »
Enjoy your trip man!

As I've said before, I have no desire to go back to those countries as I've already lived there but for those that do, just do it! Live while you can...O0

Take some pics and post it when you get back... 8)

I want to visit Laos but can't because my husband would not go because no relatives and just dangerous.  My parent go all the time because my mom still have her only sibling/brother in Vietiene and my dad still have his 2 half brother.  My dad is going to retired in June/July 2016 and then November/December 2016 they are going to Laos for the last time and visit every place they can from birth, etc. 

Right now my uncle my mom's brother is still here.  He decide not to go home otherwise he would have left this month.  Going to stay another 1-2 yr because they have not returned home as scheduled so it will make it harder for them to get a visa again.  Beside my uncle kids or all my cousins over there are all grown up and have family of their own so have pushed them to just stay and work and that they'll be fine. 

Offline SummerBerry

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2015, 07:08:45 PM »
Only if i were rich..^_^

Have fun and post picture again like last time.  Can you believed how long we've been online friends way before I was even married.......

Over the weekend my sister was in San Diego visiting that place Anza Borrego or something.  Now my kids want to see that place....

Katastrophe

« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2015, 04:02:34 PM »
That is a pretty good deal!  My last trip there cost me $1500 RT.

svang415

« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2016, 10:46:33 PM »
hey buddy..i left the rat race and have been traveling since December 2015..currentl y in Vietnam and heading back to India on Saturday...wil l be in Europe caravanning with friends in the summer....i update my stuff on FB..and if you do the same as well..maybe we can keep tabs on each other's travel and go from there...lmk!

Advertisements