Advertisement

Author Topic: Shoes  (Read 34725 times)

bulbasaur

Shoes
« on: July 09, 2015, 08:14:02 PM »
As a kid, I only had one pair of shoes.  I wore those shoes until my mom felt they were finally torn, or if I finally outgrew them.  Suits.  Shorts.  Pants.  Same shoes.  Sometimes, they still weren't replaced when they got old.  Now that I am older and that there isn't a need to be as frugal, I find myself with many shoes.  In fact, I have bought quite a lot of shoes over the years.  Here is my list of shoes that I have owned (I am sure I have forgotten some shoes)...

1. Asics Gel Nimbus 17

I just bought this shoe this week, and this purchase reminded me of my shoe history (and thus this thread).  Asics were the first real "brand" of shoe I have ever owned.  As a kid, I often owned the Wal Mart shoes or Target shoes or whatever.  I felt cool with my Asics as a kid.  It was even cooler when I learned that Asics were volleyball shoes because I played volleyball. 

I eventually stopped wearing Asics in favor of other shoes.  However, I recently needed some walking/running shoes, and Asics got really good reviews.  So, I got the Asics Gel Nimbus 17.  They are really soft.  Asics claims it is the gel, but I could swear it feels more like foam.  In any case, they feel good for this type of shoe. 

And yes, I got them in the ugly lime green.  They apparently didn't have any other colors in my size.  Runners must like bright shoes to show off.  For me, these shoes aren't for style, so I don't care. 

Like this post: +1

Adverstisement

Petal_Rose

Re: Shoes
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2015, 09:01:38 PM »
Shed one single tear. :'( Cool shoes.

Like this post: 0

bulbasaur

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2015, 09:05:54 PM »
2. Rockport Northfield Waterproof

As a kid, I just wore whatever sneakers I had even when I wore my Sunday bests.  In college, I had some suits, but I still went cheap on the shoes because I simply didn't wear a suit often enough to justify better dress shoes.  Now that I am older, I spend a little more on dress shoes.  One of my more recent purchases are these Rockports.  I like Rockport because I find them comfortable.  I am not really sure why they are waterproof.  They are low cuts, so if it rained, I would still most likely get wet.  Oh well.  These shoes are technically considered "casual," but I wear them with suits. 

I am sure some people spend much more paper on dress shoes, but I can't seem to justify it for myself.

Funny thing though...I've recently been preferring sneakers with suits.  I guess my mom was just ahead of the fashion curve.

bulbasaur

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2015, 09:06:28 PM »
Why a tear?

Shed one single tear. :'( Cool shoes.

Petal_Rose

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2015, 09:07:47 PM »
Why a tear?

Because you only had one pair of  shoes like me too. :'(

bulbasaur

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2015, 09:11:07 PM »
All is well that ends well.  That history just makes me appreciate what I have now.  You should make a list of your shoes, too.   :D

Because you only had one pair of  shoes like me too. :'(

Petal_Rose

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2015, 09:13:36 PM »
All is well that ends well.  That history just makes me appreciate what I have now.  You should make a list of your shoes, too.   :D

To this day I have not own any nice shoes that is worth more than $40. :-[ Guess Im just not a materialistic person. I own a Sketcher walking shoe.

bulbasaur

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2015, 09:19:16 PM »
3. Columbia Peak Freak

I was planning on a mountain summit in China, and I needed some shoes.  The mountain was about 12,000ft, and the hike needed more than sneakers, but nothing hardcore.  I decided on these.  They weren't the best that I tried, but they were on sale, and I wasn't sure how many times I would wear them again.  At the time, they seemed like a wise purchase. 

I finished the summit, and the shoes held up well.  Unfortunately, the shoes no longer feel as comfortable as before, but they still look quite nice.  I now use them on rainy days since they are waterproof and fairly light. 

bulbasaur

« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2015, 09:21:28 PM »
To me, shoes are utility.  They get me where I want to go.  BTW, nothing wrong with a $40 shoe.

To this day I have not own any nice shoes that is worth more than $40. :-[ Guess Im just not a materialistic person. I own a Sketcher walking shoe.

Petal_Rose

« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2015, 09:22:56 PM »
You have good taste in shoes. I like them all. O0

Petal_Rose

« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2015, 09:24:03 PM »
To me, shoes are utility.  They get me where I want to go.  BTW, nothing wrong with a $40 shoe.

Its good to invest $$ in shoes that doesn't hurt your feet. >:(

bulbasaur

« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2015, 09:32:25 PM »
Really?  I think those Asics are ugly.  When I wear them with jeans, they just stick out.  I suppose they look okay with shorts.  Plus, I have owned plenty of ugly shoes.  You'll see later.

Talking about investing in shoes so that they don't hurt your feet...That was the reason for me buying my own first pair of shoes. 

You have good taste in shoes. I like them all. O0

Petal_Rose

« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2015, 09:36:01 PM »
Maybe I just have poor taste. Lol But they look alright to me.

yuknowthat

« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2015, 01:04:17 AM »
as a kid i had velcro shoes. wore them util they ripped and fell apart completely with holes. because i was lazy tie shoes.. ;D :P

then as growing up and going through many life experiences. I decide to go buy the best my money can buy and what fits well on me.  Yuav hnav ces hnav thaum yus tseem zoo nkauj zoo nraug in your prime, thaum laus lawm. hnav cev zam zoo npaum twg los, tig sab twg los yeej tsis zoo li thaum hluas lawm. :)

bulbasaur

« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2015, 04:06:35 AM »
Don't knock the Velcro.  I want some black on white Velcro Adidas.  Maybe the 3 stripes Superstars or the Stan Smith with the old school logo.  I just haven't found them yet.  I could just order them, but I like the feeling of finding the shoe in person.  I think they would look good in jeans or a suit. Adidas don't seem to make their Superstars in Velcro for adults. 

as a kid i had velcro shoes. wore them util they ripped and fell apart completely with holes. because i was lazy tie shoes.. ;D :P

then as growing up and going through many life experiences. I decide to go buy the best my money can buy and what fits well on me.  Yuav hnav ces hnav thaum yus tseem zoo nkauj zoo nraug in your prime, thaum laus lawm. hnav cev zam zoo npaum twg los, tig sab twg los yeej tsis zoo li thaum hluas lawm. :)

Advertisements