Advertisement

Author Topic: Shoes  (Read 34765 times)

bulbasaur

Re: Shoes
« Reply #120 on: January 13, 2016, 09:23:19 PM »
35: Nike Kobe 11

So I got them.  Kinda pricey, but sentimental value is sometimes pricey. 

Like this post: +1

Adverstisement

bulbasaur

« Reply #121 on: January 22, 2016, 08:37:14 AM »
36.  Nike Hyperdunk 2014

Yes, once more.  It's my favorite shoe to ball in, and it was cheap at the outlet.  If you want a good shoe to hoop in and you're on a budget, I really suggest these.  I've been messing with lowtops lately, but these mids are great.  In some ways, these are better than the Jordan 29.

I was gonna get two of these because they may be gone forever, but this would make my third pair anyways.  And besides, maybe I would find another shoe I like better in the future. 

This time, I got them in my colorway.  Black.

Like this post: 0

bulbasaur

« Reply #122 on: January 25, 2016, 12:07:01 AM »
Shoe Envy 15: Adidas Ace 16+ Pure Control

Here is a shoe that I love but would never buy.  I don't play field sports anymore, so I have no reason to get these.  But, they are incredibly cool.  Laceless.  Light.  And, they come in my colorway.  Too bad they didn't have these when I was still playing...

bulbasaur

« Reply #123 on: January 26, 2016, 01:02:22 AM »
I finally gave the Kobe 11 a workout.  I shot around and played a few games.  They worked well,  but the traction is suspect.  I usually don't have a problem with traction, but I could tell the Kobe 11 wasn't up to par.  That's a little disappointing for a new shoe.  But then again, I didn't slip either.  Overall, I like the shoe. 

I am beginning to like low tops for ballin'.  I haven't had to bang bodies lately, so that might change my mind on lows in the future.  I'll just have to see....

bulbasaur

« Reply #124 on: January 27, 2016, 01:57:09 PM »
37. Adidas Ultra Boost

I've been eyeing these for a while, but they are kinda expensive and the black colorway never seems to be in stores.  I could always order my colorway, but I like getting my shoes in person.  In any case, the newer model is now out, and I am not too fond of it.  There were a couple of the Ultra Boost in stock, but only one in the blue colorway, and it was in my size.  I took it as a sign and got them. 

I said it before, but Boost might be my favorite cushioning.  These shoes are comfortable.  I took the laces off for a more casual fit (I am not running in them).  I am tempted to cut off the cage, but that would seem silly.  Without the laces though, they look like the Yeezy.  Maybe this is how the Yeezy feel. 

bulbasaur

« Reply #125 on: January 27, 2016, 10:28:40 PM »
38. Nike Lunar Force 1

These shoes were on the cheap, so I copped them.  I wanted the navy and off white colorway, but they didn't have my size.  I settled with the gray. 

The shoes are comfy, and they look good  casually.  They feel better than the AF1, and they are lighter.  This kinda makes me feel bad for getting the AF1, but the AF1 still looks classy.  I guess it's true like they say, ya gotta have at least 2.

bulbasaur

« Reply #126 on: January 29, 2016, 12:19:05 AM »
39. Timberland Anti-Fatigue Technology Ortholite Insoles

These aren't really shoes, but I got some insoles for my old Timberlands.  Let's see how much more life I can squeeze out of my old boots.

bulbasaur

« Reply #127 on: January 29, 2016, 09:31:27 AM »
I tried a pair, but they didn't fit right.  I probably needed to go up a size, but I didn't feel like bothering the sales person to get another size because I wasn't even sure if I was going to buy.  I always feel bad asking the sales person to get so many shoes and then not  buy anything.  Maybe I will hit up the outlets where I can grab the sizes myself.  If I can get them on discount, I might cop them.

Took my Roshes out for first time on a windy day.

I've only worn them in the summer..  You can definitely feel the breeze in your toes (I wore dri-fit socks too).  The thin material the shoe is made of allows air to breeze through it and it just felt amazing.

Offline SummerBerry

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +203
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 29, 2016, 09:00:31 PM »
My little girl is not here so I've been back to doing my walking each morning after I drop off my kids at school.  I told myself I want to run and slowly taking it one step at a time.  Hopefully I can get a hang of it.  I need to put all my running shoes to work otherwise I need to stop buying shoes just so I can wear them with active clothes.  I'm going to get some tennis racket this weekend too.  I'm going to make my husband participate. 

Offline SummerBerry

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +203
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: January 29, 2016, 09:08:18 PM »
I tried a pair, but they didn't fit right.  I probably needed to go up a size, but I didn't feel like bothering the sales person to get another size because I wasn't even sure if I was going to buy.  I always feel bad asking the sales person to get so many shoes and then not  buy anything.  Maybe I will hit up the outlets where I can grab the sizes myself.  If I can get them on discount, I might cop them.

Roshes style look big and width on me even though it feel light.  I stick with my Nike air max Thea because it is more narrow and fitted for my small feet.  I don't need insole while some shoes I have them. 

I wished the outlet shopping center is closer but then it like 1 1/2 hrs away either in Tracey, Gilroy or Tulare.   The very last pair of shoe I got from the Nike outlet was a puma while in San Diego.  Otherwise Ebay is my store. 

bulbasaur

« Reply #130 on: June 14, 2016, 12:12:41 AM »
I've bought a couple of shoes since the last time I updated this thread, but I haven't listed them (mainly because I kept getting warnings for emoticons and phantom arguments).  Anyways, something in the news got me thinking about my shoes again....

People be hating on the Curry 2 Low Chef.  I have the Curry 2 in both the high and low.  I think the Chef colorway looks good.  It's just white.  Plus, the Curry 2 is a good performing shoe.  The high performs better than the low, but the low is still good. 

The Curry 2 Low Chef

Like this post: +1

bulbasaur

« Reply #131 on: June 15, 2016, 04:31:13 PM »
I heard something interesting about shoes recently.  Someone said, "When I see someone wearing lows, I know they can't bang or they can't jump." 

My initial reaction was that the statement was false.  Kobe and some other NBA players wear lows.  But then, I thought about it more.  Kobe wasn't as physical in his later years when he started wearing lows.  Harden pretty much does step backs and never plays D.  Even for myself, I have only just started wearing lows occasionally.  But, I am not as physical as I once was, and I don't jump as high as I used to.  The guy might have a point. 

Advertisements