Advertisement

Author Topic: Shoes  (Read 34740 times)

bulbasaur

Re: Shoes
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2015, 04:18:21 AM »
4. Timberland Earth Keepers

Growing up, I didn't have a lot of trendy brands.  I would be envious of other kids.  Strangely enough, now that I am older, I actually don't like wearing a lot of clothes with logos and branding.  When I see people who do this, I just can't help but think they are a walking advertisement.  As a result, I try to keep everything to a minimum.  Whenever I am out casually, I tend to prefer walking boots because of their basic look.  Enter Timberland.  I am not really a fan of Timberland, but my previous boots ripped while I was on a motorcycle.  Although they are not the most comfortable, I like the look.  Plus, they are light.  I got quite a lot of mileage on them now.  The leather looks much better aged.  I hope to get more life out of them by putting in new insoles.

Like this post: +1

Adverstisement

bulbasaur

« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2015, 04:42:32 AM »
5. Reebok The Answer 1

When I started college, I started having shin splints.  I just figured it was from years of playing sports, and it was finally catching up to me.  However, a friend of mine said I should actually try getting some real shoes.  So far, I have just been wearing my one pair of shoes my mom bought me.  The shoes I had were over 4 years old.  I didn't grow much in high school, so my shoes still fit.  I didn't quite believe him, but he was insistent that my problem was my shoes.  I had some money to spend, so why not. 

The next day we went to an outlet shoe store.  I didn't want to spend a lot of money on shoes.  After trying on different pairs, I decided on the Allen Iverson shoe.  I would have preferred them in black, but they didn't have any.  I settled on the red. 

I played with the shoes for the week.  My friend was right.  My shin splints disappeared.  Also, I realized how much more precise my movements were with better shoes.  No more slipping.  I know that sounds weird, but I always just assumed it was just me. 

The Answer 1 were the first shoes I personally bought.  Reebok came out with a re-release of The Answer 1.  It even came out in black; the original color I wanted.  I wanted to buy it, but I was too slow.  They pulled it off the market before I pulled the trigger.  Maybe next time. 

I would continue to buy shoes for special purposes for years to come. 

bulbasaur

« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2015, 05:18:52 AM »
6. Reefs sandals

I am sure these particular sandals have a specific name, but I don't know it.  Anyways, I got these on my trip to Bali.  I was going to just wear sneakers around, then go barefoot on the beach.  However, that wasn't practical once I was there.  I was never a big flip flop kind of guy, but I gave these a go.  As it turns out, they were quite comfortable.  And the coolest part, the sandals came with a bottle opener.  It came in handy sitting on the beach with friends watching the Sun go down. 

The sandals are currently being used as house slippers. Come to think of it, I should have listed the current status of all these shoes on this list.  Oh well.

Missterious

« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2015, 12:01:21 PM »
When I was in high school my mom bought me a cheap shoe from Kmart by the brand Soho. During gym class the guy sitting across from me was kind of bugging me and then he sees my shoes and says "Soooooo...ho.. ."  >:(

Like this post: 0

bulbasaur

« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2015, 07:12:06 PM »
7. Under Armor Torch II

I've owned quite a few basketball shoes over the years.  When I used to play a lot, I would wear flashy ones.  Basketball is a showman's game, so I might as well show off.  These days, I don't play as much, and I am not quite the same player I used to be.  I try to pick black shoes to match my black workout/basketball outfit.  Enter Under Armor Torch II.  These shoes were good the first few weeks, but cushioning system seemed to wear out quicker than other shoes.  Also, the support isn't as good as some of the Nike's or Adidas.  That being said, they look cool, and Micro G is responsive.  Also, the lacing system is really good.   

bulbasaur

« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2015, 07:12:53 PM »
And what was your comeback?  I would have said, "Yooooooo Mama!" 

When I was in high school my mom bought me a cheap shoe from Kmart by the brand Soho. During gym class the guy sitting across from me was kind of bugging me and then he sees my shoes and says "Soooooo...ho.. ."  >:(

Petal_Rose

« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2015, 11:47:38 PM »
And what was your comeback?  I would have said, "Yooooooo Mama!"

I would have said " Yo dawg" :2funny:

bulbasaur

« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2015, 04:14:19 AM »
8. Rockport Rugged Bucks

These are actually my favorite casual boots. 

As I mentioned earlier, I had shin splints during my early college days.  I got new basketball shoes for sports, but I still needed some regular shoes for everyday. Rockports were recommended to me, and they did not disappoint.  The shoes are really old now.  I might be able to get new life out of these shoes with new insoles, but they have since been demoted to work boot status now.  Like most leather shoes, they look better with age.  The boots currently sit at my parents' house. 

I've been meaning to get a new pair, but the Rockport stores never seem to have them in stock whenever I go by.  I could order, but as I said before, I like the feeling of finding a shoe in person. 

bulbasaur

« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2015, 04:29:31 AM »
9. Skechers Cool Cat Bully 2

I was going to take a trip to China, and I wanted some new boots.  It was going to be cold and possibly wet.  I left my Rockports at my parents' home, so I needed new ones.  I really wanted another pair of Rockports, but they didn't have any.  I was bummed, and I didn't want to drop a lot of cake on shoes that I may or may not like.  So, I decided on these Skechers.  They were cheap, and they look cool.  The downside was that they weren't comfortable.  I thought they would eventually break in, but they didn't.  Walking around in China was a pain, especially when we went up to the Great Wall. 

A somewhat funny story about these shoes...I got pulled out of line by Chinese airport security wearing these shoes.  Being Asian, they assumed I was Chinese.  After a moment of confusion, they realized I wasn't Chinese.  It turned out that they wanted to inspect my shoes.  I told them the shoes were new and that they weren't that comfortable if they were interested in them.  They laughed.  They checked the shoes quickly, and I was on my way.  Apparently smuggling drugs with boots had been a problem.

The shoes are currently sitting at my parents' home.  These being the third boots on my list, you can get a hint at what type of shoes I like. 

Missterious

« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2015, 11:04:52 AM »
I don't remember. I don't think I said anything really other than just gave him an attitude. I'm not good with comebacks.  :( And I'm too nice.

bulbasaur

« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2015, 07:00:50 PM »
10. Crocs

I needed some shoes to throw in the car, wear in the house, slip on for a trip around the block, the beach, whatever.  So, I got some Crocs.  I originally liked the softness.  I bought quite a few different colors throughout the years; black, blue, brown, green, and black/white.  Although I originally liked them, I now don't like them that much because of the lack of support.  Also, they wear out so quickly.  I still use the shoes randomly. 

yuknowthat

« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2015, 01:50:48 PM »
 :2funny: I have one of those green crocs too !  A black one..

bulbasaur

« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2015, 01:20:06 AM »
It's kinda hard trying to find pictures of some of my older shoes, especially in the correct colors. 

bulbasaur

« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2015, 04:36:02 AM »
11. Adidas 3 Series

As I began traveling a bit more, I started playing more outdoor basketball.  Well, my basketball shoes did not appreciate this.  They got destroyed.  Playing outdoors seems to wear out shoes faster.  I needed new shoes, but I didn't want to spend too much money on them because I was going to wear them outside.  I found these cheap Adidas.  They aren't the best shoes, but they come in black. 

The shoes are currently in my shoe rack.  They are old and torn up now.  I should throw them away, but I still use them whenever it rains and I still want to go shoot outside.  Maybe I should demote the Under Armor to this duty and throw these out.

yuknowthat

« Reply #29 on: July 25, 2015, 01:12:20 PM »
I have these for work out and weekend events..comfy too.

Advertisements