Advertisement

Author Topic: Shoes  (Read 34779 times)

bulbasaur

Re: Shoes
« Reply #30 on: August 02, 2015, 11:07:34 PM »
In response to the Nike 3.0...

Those are really cool shoes.  They are really light.  However, I am not the free/barefoot type.  Maybe I just need to get used to it.  I might try a pair for the long-term if I find any for cheap. 

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

bulbasaur

« Reply #31 on: August 02, 2015, 11:15:04 PM »
12.  Reebok The Answer 2

I was a bit sad when my first basketball shoes finally wore out.  I wanted to buy the same shoe, but I couldn't find them anymore.  Instead, I found the upgraded model at an outlet store. The Answer 2.  This shoe was much lighter than the first.  It was actually branded as DMX Lite.  I liked these better not only because it was lighter, but because the DMX "air bubbles" were covered.  These shoes were also my volleyball shoes for a few years.  They were one of my favorite sports shoes.

I am not sure what happened to these shoes.  Maybe they got thrown away during a move.  Reebok should bring these back.

bulbasaur

« Reply #32 on: August 02, 2015, 11:32:04 PM »
Shoe Envy 1: A Friend with Jordans

As I mentioned before, I didn't have fancy shoes as a kid.  I only had whatever cheap shoes my mom got for me.  I wasn't the only one either.  Several of my friends had cheap shoes.  So when a Hmong friend of ours walked onto the playground with a fresh pair of Air Jordans, we were excited.  The shoes were $100!  We were all jelly. 

I told myself I would get some Jordans when I was older, but I never did.  I find myself liking other shoes.  I did almost buy some black on black Jordans, but I got those Under Armors instead. 

I believe he had the AJ4 in blue and white.  I am not sure if he had the originals or the re-release. 

« Last Edit: October 10, 2015, 09:01:02 AM by bulbasaur »

bulbasaur

« Reply #33 on: August 03, 2015, 09:09:23 AM »
13. Nike Considered CVT

As I was traveling Thailand, I really got tired of taking off my shoes and putting them back on at temples.  When was I at MBK, I found these nifty Nike shoes.  They were like regular shoes, but with a flip down heel.  It was just what I needed.  I get the ease of flip flops, but the comfort of sneakers. 

I unfortunately left these shoes outside, and I left on an extended trip. When I got back, the shoes were dirty and moldy.  I could have tried to cleaned them, but I just threw them away. 

Offline VillainousHero

• Elite Poster
  • Villain or Hero
  • Respect: +398
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 03, 2015, 01:37:27 PM »
Awe...poor shoe.  Sounded like a useful shoe too.

The real villain is looking at you.  The last hero was just not true.  If everything works out in the end.  It's because all things make amends.

bulbasaur

« Reply #35 on: August 03, 2015, 07:33:26 PM »
They were useful.  Amazon has them now, but they come in some weird brown/red.  The shoes have some weird design on the front.  They don't look so bad in black, but they look weird in brown/red.  Maybe they don't look so bad in person.  Maybe I'll still get them anyways because of function. 
http://www.amazon.com/Nike-Considered-CVT-Brown-314417-221/dp/B00U0ON580/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1438648324&sr=8-1&keywords=nike+cvt

Awe...poor shoe.  Sounded like a useful shoe too.

bulbasaur

« Reply #36 on: August 03, 2015, 07:46:31 PM »
14. Reebok Real Flex

I needed some running/walking shoes.  I don't actually run for exercise (I prefer biking and sports for exercise), but I wanted something comfortable for walking around the city.  I figured some running shoes would be a good option.  I found the Reebok Real Flex at an outlet store for cheap.  I never had a "barefoot" shoe before.  I decided to give them a try. 

At first, they were fine.  However, my feet started to hurt after a while.  I don't think I am the "barefoot" type of guy, which is why I am skeptical that the Nike Free shoes are for me.  I still like the shoe.  I wear them for short walks and for biking.  They are really light. As for looks, I never liked the neon green laces.

bulbasaur

« Reply #37 on: August 04, 2015, 08:53:26 PM »
15. Reebok DMX 10 Running

I really like Reebok's DMX basketball shoes, so I figured I would give their DMX running shoes a try too.  Some people think DMX is heavy.  Some people think DMX is a ripoff of Nike Air.  In any case, I think they are comfortable. 

The weekend that I got these shoes, I wore them to go paintball.  That was a bad idea.  They worked well, but they got really dirty.  Oh well. 

I threw these shoes out because the sole of one of the shoes ripped off while I was biking.  The only thing I didn't like about the shoe was the color scheme, but the store I got them from didn't have a big selection.  Reebok should really bring back their DMX line. 

bulbasaur

« Reply #38 on: August 04, 2015, 09:14:22 PM »
16.  Nike Torch 3

I got these shoes while in Macau.  I wore Crocs on the way there because I thought flying with Crocs would be comfortable.  Unfortunately, walking around in Crocs wasn't.  I was skeptical about getting Nikes because Nikes are always tight on me.  But, I got them anyways.  There were tight, but they eventually loosened up. 

These shoes were my first purchase in Macau.  To my surprise, I was allowed to use my HK cash.  I apparently didn't need to convert any money.  I should have known that.  I just didn't read.

The shoes are currently at my place.  I use them as rain shoes for biking.  However, I haven't been using them since they are pretty worn out now.  Other shoes have been demoted to this task, so I might throw these out.  Funny thing, I now own two "Torch" shoes from two different companies. 

Dark Angel

« Reply #39 on: August 04, 2015, 09:25:43 PM »
Bulbasar, what shoe size do you wear?

bulbasaur

« Reply #40 on: August 04, 2015, 09:32:53 PM »
It really depends on the shoe.  I wear anything from 9 to 10.5.  For example, I tend to wear larger Nike shoes, but smaller Reebok shoes.  I feel a bit lucky because shoe sizes 9-11 often seem to be in-stock.  I remember as a kid growing up, it was hard to find a shoe that I liked that was in my size.

Why do you ask?

Bulbasar, what shoe size do you wear?

Dark Angel

« Reply #41 on: August 04, 2015, 09:34:37 PM »
Just want to know how tall you are. ;) Thanks for personal info. That is a perfect size.

bulbasaur

« Reply #42 on: August 04, 2015, 09:51:08 PM »
I didn't know my height was a mystery to be solved.  You're a natural Sherlock.  What else do my shoes tell about me?

Just want to know how tall you are. ;) Thanks for personal info. That is a perfect size.

Dark Angel

« Reply #43 on: August 04, 2015, 09:54:37 PM »
I didn't know my height was a mystery to be solved.  You're a natural Sherlock.  What else do my shoes tell about me?

Im guessing you must be around 5'9-6' in height. You dont live in the USA. You played lots of sports. Read alot. Curious about the world. :P

bulbasaur

« Reply #44 on: August 04, 2015, 09:57:11 PM »
17. Adidas Voloossage Sandals

These were so hipster back in the day.  I even owned the cheap WalMart knockoff version too.  When I used to play a lot of indoor basketball, I would wear these to the gym, then change into my basketball shoes.  The idea was to preserve the basketball shoes as long as possible.  The Voloossage had little bumps that massage the feet.  Sometimes I liked them, and sometimes I didn't. 

After a while, I grew tired of them.  They became tedious to clean.  Dirt and stuff would get between the massage bumps.  I eventually threw them out because of that. 

Advertisements