Advertisement

Author Topic: Shoes  (Read 34982 times)

bulbasaur

Re: Shoes
« Reply #45 on: August 04, 2015, 09:59:58 PM »
Well, people do say that you don't know a person until you walked a mile in their shoes.  What are your shoes?

Im guessing you must be around 5'9-6' in height. You dont live in the USA. You played lots of sports. Read alot. Curious about the world. :P

Like this post: +1

Adverstisement

Dark Angel

« Reply #46 on: August 04, 2015, 10:01:32 PM »
Well, people do say that you don't know a person until you walked a mile in their shoes.  What are your shoes?

Im a medium size. I can wear between 6 1/2-7. 7 would fit better.

Like this post: 0

bulbasaur

« Reply #47 on: August 04, 2015, 10:05:19 PM »
I am apparently not quite the detective you are.  Plus, I have no idea about women shoe sizes.  You could have said size 50, and I would have no idea.  :) 

Come to think of it, why even bother having different sizes for men and women?  Shouldn't we just do it by some universal measurement?

Im a medium size. I can wear between 6 1/2-7. 7 would fit better.

Like this post: +1

Dark Angel

« Reply #48 on: August 04, 2015, 10:09:09 PM »
I am apparently not quite the detective you are.  Plus, I have no idea about women shoe sizes.  You could have said size 50, and I would have no idea.  :) 

Come to think of it, why even bother having different sizes for men and women?  Shouldn't we just do it by some universal measurement?

Im 5'3. I think thats a good size. Lol I don't know why they didn't but then again there must be a good reason.

Offline VillainousHero

• Elite Poster
  • Villain or Hero
  • Respect: +399
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 04, 2015, 10:16:07 PM »
It really depends on the shoe.  I wear anything from 9 to 10.5.  For example, I tend to wear larger Nike shoes, but smaller Reebok shoes.  I feel a bit lucky because shoe sizes 9-11 often seem to be in-stock.  I remember as a kid growing up, it was hard to find a shoe that I liked that was in my size.

Why do you ask?
No wonder I can't find any shoes in those size... LOL

The real villain is looking at you.  The last hero was just not true.  If everything works out in the end.  It's because all things make amends.

Dark Angel

« Reply #50 on: August 04, 2015, 10:17:29 PM »
No wonder I can't find any shoes in those size... LOL

what size do you wear? 20? ;D

Offline VillainousHero

• Elite Poster
  • Villain or Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 04, 2015, 10:19:29 PM »
what size do you wear? 20? ;D
I will tell you in women's size....10.5. LOL.

The real villain is looking at you.  The last hero was just not true.  If everything works out in the end.  It's because all things make amends.

Dark Angel

« Reply #52 on: August 04, 2015, 10:20:40 PM »
I will tell you in women's size....10.5. LOL.

Im trying to convert that. Lol

Offline VillainousHero

• Elite Poster
  • Villain or Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 04, 2015, 10:22:47 PM »
Im trying to convert that. Lol
Why, they're the same size....LOL... I think.  ;D

bulbasaur

« Reply #54 on: August 05, 2015, 12:12:36 AM »
18. Adidas Energy Boost

After my Reebox DMX shoes tore apart, I was in need of a new running shoe.  I was looking for another DMX shoe, but they were hard to find.  So, I started to do some research, and foam was trendy.  In particular, Boost, Lunarlon, and Micro G.  I decided to try them out.  To my surprise, I really liked Boost.  They were a bit tight, but Adidas often stretch on me.  Plus, I wanted to give the form fit a try.  Unfortunately, they stayed a bit tight, but they are still comfortable.  I walked around Osaka in them.  Looking back, I probably should have gotten a size bigger. 

Some criticism of the shoe: The Boost is exposed, and it gets dirty really easily.  The plastic lacing system isn't that great.  However, the newer version of the shoes doesn't use plastic, so those might be more comfortable. 

The shoe is still on my shoe rack.  It is part of my bike shoe rotation. 

Offline VillainousHero

• Elite Poster
  • Villain or Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 05, 2015, 12:18:16 AM »
So there is a lot of open holes in that Adidas shoe?

To me Adidas will always be modeled after soccer shoes or so so.  Tightly snug fit.  At times it can be good for arch support, in a way.

bulbasaur

« Reply #56 on: August 05, 2015, 12:24:23 AM »
The mesh is "breathable."  I wouldn't really call it "holes."  The newer version is actually better.  Adidas also has other version of their Boost shoes that have vents on the sides and bottom.  Shoe tech has really become quite fancy. 

I've been wanting to put up my Adidas cleats, but I can't seem to remember which model I had. 

So there is a lot of open holes in that Adidas shoe?

To me Adidas will always be modeled after soccer shoes or so so.  Tightly snug fit.  At times it can be good for arch support, in a way.

bulbasaur

« Reply #57 on: August 05, 2015, 12:40:35 AM »
19. Nike Black on Silver

"Black on Silver" is not really the name of the shoe, and the picture below is not really the shoe I have.  But, I can't find a picture of my shoe, and this picture is the closest thing to it.  The shoe below is part of their "Foam" series shoes, but my shoe was Air.  My shoe also didn't have the "waves."  Mine were smooth. 

I bought these shoes when I was playing basketball daily.  Like any baller, you need some flashy shoes to show off.  I found these shoes for sale for $40, so I got them.  They weren't the best, but they were good enough...and they were shiny. 

I don't wear flashy shoes to ball anymore.  These shoes are currently at my parents' home.  I actually brushed them off and wore them to the park not too long ago.  I rarely wore these shoes outside of the gym, but they got a lot of miles. 

bulbasaur

« Reply #58 on: August 05, 2015, 08:55:36 AM »
20. Adidas Manado

I played a lot of Ultimate in high school, but I always played in cross trainers.  CT's are not the best for grass, but I had little choice at the time.  In college, I would continue to play Ultimate on the practice squad, intramural, and pickup.  I finally decided to pick up a pair of real cleats. 

I am not really sure if the pair I got are these Adidas Manado, but they look really similar.  I remember the cleats were a bit unique because the spikes were shaped like blades.  I got them for $35.  They weren't the most comfortable, but they did the job.  I wore these throughout college, and they would be the only cleats I would ever buy.  After college, I only played casual recreation games, so I didn't need cleats anymore. 

These days, the technology that goes into cleats is quite cool.  As for my dinky shoes, I think they are at my parents' home, but I haven't seen them in years.  Maybe my mom threw them away.

bulbasaur

« Reply #59 on: August 05, 2015, 10:06:37 AM »
Shoe Envy 2: Adidas Crazy 1 aka Kobe's Playoff Shoe

People seem to think that Kobe is a die-hard Nike guy, but there was a time when he was an Adidas guy.  One of his most popular shoes were the Crazy 1.  Kobe sported the yellow to match his Lakers' gold.  He wore these in the playoffs.  The same week, a gym pal of mine rolls up with some silver Crazy 1's.  These shoes prompted me to get those flashy Nike shoes I listed earlier.  Why didn't I get some Crazy 1's for myself?  Well, I couldn't afford that kind of cake then.

« Last Edit: August 05, 2015, 10:10:45 AM by bulbasaur »

Advertisements