Advertisement

Author Topic: Shoes  (Read 34900 times)

bulbasaur

Re: Shoes
« Reply #90 on: October 27, 2015, 06:59:05 PM »
27. Lebron 11

I wanted some new mid-soles for my Timberland boots, but the ones I was interested in were near $100.  I figured that for that kind of cake, I might as well get another basketball shoe with a removable mid-sole.  That way, I can have a new ball shoe and a new mid-sole.  So, I got the Lebron 11 in the Denim colorway.  For a $300 retail shoe, it's pretty comfortable (I didn't pay $300).  I tried the Lebron 11 in other colorways, but the hard plastic just felt too tight on the sides.  The Denim looks kinda ugly, but I was more concerned about the comfort. 

I haven't taken the shoe for a game yet (the materials don't look like they are for game usage).  For the most part I like the shoe.  My biggest gripe....the mid-soles are too thick to fit my boots. 

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

bulbasaur

« Reply #91 on: November 01, 2015, 06:27:45 PM »
Shoe Envy 9: Nike Kobe 9 EM

I like the removable mid-sole, and the blackout version is nice.  Plus, I would like to try a low-top shoe for a change.   

« Last Edit: November 01, 2015, 06:31:50 PM by bulbasaur »

Hamster_Hero

« Reply #92 on: November 02, 2015, 03:21:39 PM »
The shoe designs of today sucks.  I prefer the old retro Nike's...... just that classic look, classic lines, nothing too stupid with dumb slashes everywhere that tries too hard to be fancy in the designs.

bulbasaur

« Reply #93 on: November 02, 2015, 10:57:54 PM »
Let's be fair, not all retro shoes were good.  Some were just outright fugly.  That being said, I do miss some of the older shoes.  I listed a few of them on here already.  These days, I just prefer black.   I can't go around sporting shiny shoes if I am not going to light up the court. 

The shoe designs of today sucks.  I prefer the old retro Nike's...... just that classic look, classic lines, nothing too stupid with dumb slashes everywhere that tries too hard to be fancy in the designs.

bulbasaur

« Reply #94 on: November 06, 2015, 07:23:56 AM »
Shoe Envy 10: Adidas DRose 6

I'm a big fan of Boost, and the full-length Boost looks like it would be comfortable.  I think I would like to play in the woven top instead of the synthetic top, but lots of people said they prefer the synthetic.  If so, I wouldn't mind; I prefer black anyways.  I am not too sure about the fit though.  I am not sure about the strap system, the tongue, or the height of the shoe.  Maybe it all works well.  I'll need to try it first.  I have high hopes for this shoe.  That being said, I might only get this shoe if it blows me out of the water.  I am quite happy with the AJ29 right now. 

bulbasaur

« Reply #95 on: November 14, 2015, 08:52:46 PM »
I saw a guy on the court today with the white on black Jordan 29.  I was a bit jelly because those were the ones I wanted.  I guess I coulda gotten them if I wanted to fork up $250, but I can't justify dropping that kind of cake on shoes that I am going to run to the ground.  Although the shoes are comfortable, they are soft and may not last long.  Besides, if I can find a good price on the 28, I rather do that now. 

bulbasaur

« Reply #96 on: November 15, 2015, 03:18:48 AM »
28. Converse All Star II

Ok, I couldn't help myself and got me a pair today.  Cross this one off the envy list...

I was browsing the shops, and people were leaving the Converse store all disappointed.  Apparently the store didn't have certain sizes in stock.  I figured I'd ask for fun.  They didn't have it in my size either, but the store person said they have been running big on people, so she pulled out a half size smaller which they did have in stock.  She was right.  The shoe fits almost perfectly.  The Lunarlon feels nice, but they coulda used more of it.  The suede is harder than the usual cloth on the Chuck Taylor's, but I like it.  I am used to much harder shoes anyways.  The rubber on the toes is a bit snug, but it's not awful.  I only wished the white outer soles had a black stripe.  All in all, it's a good shoe.

If you've been reading this long thread, you might have noticed that things have almost come full circle.  One of the shoes I wore for a long time were some cheap Converse cross trainers throughout high school.  Fast forward through time, and here I am wearing Converse again.  Life is funny like that...

bulbasaur

« Reply #97 on: December 07, 2015, 08:29:46 AM »
29.  Nike Kobe 9 EM

Ok, so I finally gave in and got these from the outlet.  Stratch them off the envy list...

They were still kinda pricey, but I wanted the removable mid-soles.  Plus, I wanted to give a low basketball shoe a try.  I typically prefer a mid, but I don't think I play like that anymore.  A low shoe might give me more mobility.  Hopefully it still gives me support and lateral movement.  We'll see.

The shoe sports full length Lunarlon and EM, "engineered mesh." 

I got it in the black on gray colorway.  I can't seem to find a picture of it online, but they look like these.  I could have gotten them in red, but I figure the gray would look better if I ever chose to wear them as casual shoes.

Like this post: +1

Offline SummerBerry

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +203
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 08, 2015, 11:35:17 AM »
Your shoes are too expensive and do you really get around to wearing them out or just for collection?  I have a friend who just collect them. 

My last pair of shoes is a Nike Air Thea which is size 5 but more fitted for those with narrow feet.  I have a black/neon one and then a black/white one but from Ebay.  When you have small feet these shoes on ebay don't get bid or buy it now and it was listed cheap.  I was going to get a pink and gray one from a ebay seller from my hometown and drop it off at my parent but decide color shoes is hard to wear everyday with active clothes. 

bulbasaur

« Reply #99 on: December 08, 2015, 04:31:42 PM »
I actually do wear my shoes.  I've been buying quite a few sports shoes recently because I injured my foot a while back.  As I am healing and rehabbing, I buy a shoe for each purpose.  For example, this thread lists a running shoe first because I needed shoes to walk and run for rehab.  Before I got hurt, my basketball shoes were good enough for a workout and my Timberlands were good enough for casual.  Unfortunately, I went through a stretch where it was difficult to wear either one.  Even now as I am getting better, I am testing out different shoes.  I am not as fit as I used to be, so I am testing out lighter shoes.   

Some of the shoes I list here are really old and worn out.  Some of the shoes listed here I do not even have anymore. 

Most of the shoes I buy are on sale, but I guess I have spent more than others on shoes. 

Put up a picture of your shoe.  Better yet, post up all your shoes here!  I like the design of the Thea.  It's a less bulky version of the AF1. 

Your shoes are too expensive and do you really get around to wearing them out or just for collection?  I have a friend who just collect them. 

My last pair of shoes is a Nike Air Thea which is size 5 but more fitted for those with narrow feet.  I have a black/neon one and then a black/white one but from Ebay.  When you have small feet these shoes on ebay don't get bid or buy it now and it was listed cheap.  I was going to get a pink and gray one from a ebay seller from my hometown and drop it off at my parent but decide color shoes is hard to wear everyday with active clothes.

bulbasaur

« Reply #100 on: December 12, 2015, 05:30:24 PM »
30. Converse All Star II

Deja Vu all over again.  Yes, I got them again, but this time in the white.  I got a formal event coming up, and I didn't want to wear my dress shoes.  I was going to wear my black Converse AS II, but I kinda dirtied them up.  So, I just went ahead and got the shoe again in white.  I was debating on these, or the Superstars, or some kind of Force shoes.  I may still get those other ones if the price is right.  Like the other pair, I just wish the new AS had a black stripe. 

bulbasaur

« Reply #101 on: December 12, 2015, 08:55:59 PM »
I gave the Kobe 9 its first workout.  I kinda regret not going a half-size up, but then again, I might regret not having a snug fit.  I wore thick socks, so they were snug.  I'll try thin socks next to see how they feel.  I am not really sure what to make of the fit. 

I've never played in a low top bball shoe before, but I have to admit, it is quite nice to have the mobility.  I felt pretty fast.  The cushioning is good.  I didn't play a hard game, so I am still skeptical of how it handles in a game where I have to bang bodies. 

More on the shoe as I ball with the shoe.  It's in the rotation of the AJ29, UA Torch, and my Hyperdunk2014.  Oh wait, I didn't mention I got me some Hyperdunks on here yet.  Oh well, spoilers...

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +463
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 16, 2015, 05:53:17 AM »
I gave the Kobe 9 its first workout.  I kinda regret not going a half-size up, but then again, I might regret not having a snug fit.  I wore thick socks, so they were snug.  I'll try thin socks next to see how they feel.  I am not really sure what to make of the fit. 

I've never played in a low top bball shoe before, but I have to admit, it is quite nice to have the mobility.  I felt pretty fast.  The cushioning is good.  I didn't play a hard game, so I am still skeptical of how it handles in a game where I have to bang bodies. 

More on the shoe as I ball with the shoe.  It's in the rotation of the AJ29, UA Torch, and my Hyperdunk2014.  Oh wait, I didn't mention I got me some Hyperdunks on here yet.  Oh well, spoilers...

How many homeless people could you have fed with that shoe allowance?

Or better yet, how many government checks did you have to save in order to buy the shoes?

:2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

bulbasaur

« Reply #103 on: December 16, 2015, 08:06:25 AM »
 Jelly.  :idiot2:

How many homeless people could you have fed with that shoe allowance?

Or better yet, how many government checks did you have to save in order to buy the shoes?

:2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

bulbasaur

« Reply #104 on: December 17, 2015, 12:02:03 PM »
Shoe Envy 11: Under Armour Curry 2

I tried them on, and I thought they felt great.  I know people say that Micro G feels better, but I really didn't mind Charge.  Plus, I really like how the shoe fits.  My only wish is that the upper had Speedform all throughout.  UA could have made it all Speedform, but they held back for some reason.  I like the shoe, but I just don't know if I like it for that price point.  Plus, I am not sure if the shoe would even make the rotation if I got it.  Regardless, it feels like a good shoe. 

Advertisements