Advertisement

Author Topic: 14 year old Taw Meh dies from canoe outing  (Read 6109 times)

Giggles_Shyly

14 year old Taw Meh dies from canoe outing
« on: July 14, 2015, 09:00:23 AM »

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Dark Angel

Re: 14 year old Taw Meh dies from canoe outing
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2015, 09:18:39 AM »
Very sad. I saw this on the news last night. I don't understand why she didn't wear any life jacket that was provided. You can never assumed and underestimate the current of the water no matter how good of a swimmer you are.

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2015, 09:33:43 AM »
http://www.startribune.com/girl-14-dies-during-canoe-outing-on-st-croix-river/314540761/

When will people learn that life jackets saves lives.

some won't, some will, and some will when it's too late...kind of like stupid people that text and drive....sad really

Giggles_Shyly

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2015, 09:51:55 AM »
Yup exactly, my niece lost her fiancee to the same river a year ago. She hasn't gotten over the whole ordeal. He too did not wear his life jacket :(

mronline

HUNG TU LO

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2015, 08:46:33 PM »
some won't, some will, and some will when it's too late...kind of like stupid people that text and drive....sad really

Texting while driving is knowingly putting yourself, your passenger(s) [if there are any], as well as other drivers and bystanders on the road in danger. This is a deliberate action to take away your eyes and focus from the road and onto your phone to text. Canoeing with your family and wading in water while parked on a sandbar without a life jacket is not in the same ballpark as texting while driving.

It's a tragedy, people. It could've been 99.9999...% prevented, I think everyone gets that, but sh*t happens.

Let me ask all of you this: from the bottom of your heart, with all honesty, behind your PC with full anonymity, with nothing to lose or gain, can you say that during your entire life, you have never consumed any amount of alcohol and knowingly drove while intoxicated or under the influence? I highly doubt that many of you could say that 100% without a doubt, that you have never, ever got behind the wheel knowing that you had been drinking within the past few hours. No one goes through life not doing something that could've wiped you off this earth and in most cases, many of us do get away while doing stupid risky stuff. Sh*t happens. Anytime you step out of your door, even just on a stroll or heading to work, your chances of something bad happening to you increases.

« Last Edit: July 14, 2015, 08:49:03 PM by HUNG TU LO »

Giggles_Shyly

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2015, 09:23:30 PM »
Honestly i have drank and never once gotten behind the wheel to drive.

Giggles_Shyly

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2015, 09:24:31 PM »
When i drive i don't even have the radio on... my phone is in my purse. I don't let myself get distracted.

Offline VillainousHero

• Elite Poster
  • Villain or Hero
  • Respect: +398
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2015, 10:39:48 PM »
The only life threatening thing I have ever done in my whole life was that I got married.

True, no amount of preventative measures could stave off all bad things.  Bad things do happen...somet imes bad people just simply outnumber good people.

The real villain is looking at you.  The last hero was just not true.  If everything works out in the end.  It's because all things make amends.

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2015, 10:47:52 PM »
Texting while driving is knowingly putting yourself, your passenger(s) [if there are any], as well as other drivers and bystanders on the road in danger. This is a deliberate action to take away your eyes and focus from the road and onto your phone to text. Canoeing with your family and wading in water while parked on a sandbar without a life jacket is not in the same ballpark as texting while driving.

Wrong. When you "knowingly" don't put on a jacket where you can fall and can't swim to save yourself is just as stupid as when you "knowingly" text and drive where you can potentially hurt yourself or others.

Let me ask all of you this: from the bottom of your heart, with all honesty, behind your PC with full anonymity, with nothing to lose or gain, can you say that during your entire life, you have never consumed any amount of alcohol and knowingly drove while intoxicated or under the influence?

Yes! I've never driven while intoxicated.

Sh*t happens. Anytime you step out of your door, even just on a stroll or heading to work, your chances of something bad happening to you increases.

"Sh*t happens" is when something happened that's out of your control i.e., natural disasters, lightning strikes, etc., not "knowingly" texting and driving and not wearing a life vest when canoeing.

Offline VillainousHero

• Elite Poster
  • Villain or Hero
  • Respect: +398
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2015, 11:09:54 PM »
Oh I just like to spin my fully loaded hand gun around...its never gone off... :P

The real villain is looking at you.  The last hero was just not true.  If everything works out in the end.  It's because all things make amends.

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2015, 11:57:22 PM »
so unfortunate... it's the choice we make though i suppose...

Sad but true in many cases.

Example:

If I have two teenagers and one can't swim but chose not wear a life vest and drowned, I would considered that "choice" as stupid as my other teenager's choice of choosing to text and drive and crashed and burned as a result...

Giggles_Shyly

« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2015, 07:04:28 AM »
Agreed, when it comes down to it all, it's a matter of CHOICE. Nevertheless, choices among individuals aren't always correct ones nor do they believe in that indeed life jackets/seat belts/helmets/etc can save lives :-\

FetishDream

« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2015, 07:12:11 AM »
Honestly i have drank and never once gotten behind the wheel to drive.

Thank you for proofing that stupid people still exist and they surely do not know what the hell they are talking about.   :2funny:

Giggles_Shyly

« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2015, 07:15:35 AM »
How am I being stupid...? I just don't need to endanger others, gosh >:(

Advertisements