Advertisement

Author Topic: Hmong against the Qin (Chin) Dynasty  (Read 3567 times)

TheAfterLife

Hmong against the Qin (Chin) Dynasty
« on: July 27, 2015, 09:42:53 PM »
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chu_(state)#/media/File:EN-CHU260BCE.jpg

This is the picture in the war of the 3 states. We are the Chu and for some reason, I don't understand that Hmong people invented fireworks for New Years Eve. WE MADE THAT! I can't believe we forgotten the fireworks that we practice for our new years.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

HUNG TU LO

Re: Hmong against the Qin (Chin) Dynasty
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2015, 09:21:51 PM »
Hmong (our actual ancestors of Hmoob dawb and lees), as a whole ethnic enclave, never played any major role in the Warring States era. By the time the Warring States period came over what is now China, ethnic Hmong were scattered, non-unified, and subsequently didn't have the ability to resemble anything of a "state" or "kingdom".

Every enclave of people united under one state/kingdom (Qi, Zhou, etc.) was absorbed by Qin and eventually all became as one people under the "Han"(-Chinese) ethnicity. This is why there are still genuine ethnic people such as Yi, Yao, Zhuang, and of course, Hmong - because these groups were not unified as one state/kingdom and hence, was never absorbed by Qin.

3 Years Time

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2015, 07:00:44 AM »
The Chinese like to claim everything as theirs, it's their political strategy to stay united. The Warring States Era used to be known as the Warring Kingdoms Era, but recently in the 70s they changed it to Warring States to make it look like a civil war when it was more like kingdoms simply fighting each other. The Chinese call themselves the middle people, to them they are the center of their universe. By understanding this we get an idea of their stance and their perspective.

Qin forced all the kingdoms to become one empire in 221BC. After the death of the Qin emperor who died to mercury poisoning because he thought it would give him immortality, the Chu leads a rebellion that took out the Qin by 206BC. Xiang Yu of Chu re-instates the former kingdoms but separates some of them like the Qin into 3 Qin Kingdoms. In 206BC one of the Qi leaders doesn't like how the lands were distributed so he rebels. Liu Bang of Han uses this opportunity to take out the 3 Qin Kingdoms. The Chu-Han Contention begins. Chu and Han fight for 4 years until in 202BC when Han signs a false peace treaty.

The peace treaty was only used to give Liu Bang more time for his reinforcements to surround Xiang Yu. Eventually Xiang Yu commits suicide but without his leadership the Chu were not able to fight off the invading Han. After Han takes out Chu, it unites all the kingdoms and forms the Han Dynasty. Most of the civilians think Han frees them from the Qin, so from that day on they started calling themselves the Han Chinese.

« Last Edit: August 01, 2015, 11:42:19 PM by 3 Years Time »

Giggles_Shyly

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2015, 07:54:05 AM »
WOW, so much history! I need to read up on this :) thanks for sharing everyone!

3 Years Time

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2015, 07:15:01 PM »
So you think the Dongyi Empire isn't a Hmong kingdom? Because that's where Hmong people has their kingdom with Chiyou.
I haven't reach much on the Dong Yi.

3 Years Time

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2015, 07:21:00 PM »
No problem. I still believe the Chu people were us. I believe that Hmong had some dynasties before they were crumbled to the ground by the stupid Chins!
Of course the Chu Kingdom was ours. You ever heard of Tswb Tshoj? Tuam Tshoj = north of the border (China). Xov Tshoj = south of the border (SE Asia). But what is the border? Tswb Tshoj = Chu Kingdom. The elders like to keep these things encoded in our cultural practices so the Chinese don't know we still know.

Under the "End of the Han dynasty" article from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Han_dynasty

This link is a good example of what I mean, the Chinese like to claim everything as theirs. I don't know where the original author of that post got his picture but I actually emailed the owner of that crossbow. That crossbow was excavated from the Chu kingdom area, it dates back to the Warring States Era, notice how the shoulder mount on the back has clearly Hmoob paj ntaub?

Read up on the Chu, when the Qin besieged Julu and many kingdoms came to aid, no one dared to take the field. When the Chu arrived, they were outnumbered 10 to 1 but they charged the field and actually won, this battle was pretty much the turning point of how the Qin were defeated and the 7 kingdoms re-instated. Afterwards we had the Chu-Han contention where the Han used dishonor and trickery to gain victory. The Chinese even keep a play called Farewell my Concubine, this was in honor of Xiang Yu who was the leader of the Chu at that time. Growing up, my parents would tell me of how there was a time when the Hmong and Chinese lived in peace. When we had a kingdom of prosperity and everyone was happy. Until of course the Chinese wanted more so war broke out and eventually we lost but it was a fight where they only barely won due to numbers, and this is why we came to know them as the Suav, numbers.

« Last Edit: August 08, 2015, 07:36:15 PM by 3 Years Time »

Advertisements