Advertisement

Author Topic: The Start of Something New  (Read 19741 times)

Offline anonymouse

• Global Moderator
  • Respect: +239
    • View Profile
Re: The Start of Something New
« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2015, 02:49:59 PM »
Somehow, country songs always have a deeper meaning but maybe it's just me. IKN.

They do.  Well country songs do anyway.  Pop Country is just like mainstream music.  It's about booze, girls, tailgating, and trucks.

I'm starting to fall for this southern mannerism thing.  It has me wondering what southern life is like.  not just the movies.  But one of my classmates who is southern, accent, dress, and everything was telling me it all and it just caught my attention.  The southern hospitality.  The family friendliness.

The mannerism at the table.  tipping your hat when saying hello. 

Things that I want to incorporate when I have kids.  Fine manners. :)

Like this post: 0
Try to change the things you cannot accept.

Adverstisement

Offline anonymouse

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2015, 11:38:05 AM »
I guess we really are our harshest critic.  I sat there staring at the mirror going, ok it's been nearly 6 years since you graduated high school, what have you accomplished?
No job, no car.. Doesn't feel like I went anywhere.

But then I stopped and realized.  I went to college, graduated, and am going for my masters degree now.  That's way more than what some people have or will do. :)

Dark Angel

« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2015, 07:44:45 PM »
I guess we really are our harshest critic.  I sat there staring at the mirror going, ok it's been nearly 6 years since you graduated high school, what have you accomplished?
No job, no car.. Doesn't feel like I went anywhere.

But then I stopped and realized.  I went to college, graduated, and am going for my masters degree now.  That's way more than what some people have or will do. :)

Sometimes it's not how much you accomplished in life but if you are truly happy. Have you been happy about your life regardless if you have those titles or not?

Offline anonymouse

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 14, 2015, 09:58:19 PM »
Sometimes it's not how much you accomplished in life but if you are truly happy. Have you been happy about your life regardless if you have those titles or not?

Truly happy? no.  Happy? yes.
I feel content with where I'm at. I can't say I'm satisfied where I can just relax, because I keep knowing that there's something out there I don't have, but I keep telling myself, I will have it in time.

I feel the most joy when I'm able to make others happy so I keep trying and pushing to help others to fill that happiness.    But hopefully i can find whatever it is to completely make me feel full.

--
We just had our first midterm today.  Only midterm for the semester.  And it was overwhelming.  I was prepared.  Studied like never before. 5 hours saturday, several hours sunday, monday, tuesday, and several hours today.  I did it with classmates too.  We feel like we passed.  Answered everything well, but the professor's confidence scares us.
They keep telling us.
1. We are not here to fail you.  - I'm sure not alot of students fail considering there's only 150ish students and they wouldn't be able to keep the program if they were performing poorly.
2. The professor said not to worry about this class since it's mainly just a class to review how our internship are going - I don't know.  I'm still worried.

The test was 4 questions. 25 points each.  total of 100.  but as a grade it gets pushed up to 200 points. 
I answered alot of it.  1 page ecomap. 2 page of writing for the other 3 questions.
The part that scares all of us is that it's a pass or fail thing.
Passing is 83%.  so we can only miss 17 points.  :(

Dark Angel

« Reply #34 on: October 15, 2015, 10:41:33 AM »
You are still young so you still have alot time to obtained all that you desires. I hope you will be truly happy one of these days... Everyone is different. For some, it's love. For others it's $$$. And education. Whatever the reason or what is that you are searching for, you will find it.

Offline anonymouse

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 09, 2015, 12:13:22 AM »
I'll never get to say goodbye to you guys because it ended abruptly but somehow I hope you get this message.

Nicholas - I'm not sure how your road will go.  You have it tough with no one supporting you.  Your teacher is rude and she has a short leash.  I hope your road gets better.  You were doing better in the recent weeks, even being able to just enjoy recess was a blessing.  It's sad that I have to leave this soon when you are just starting to shape up.  I hope you can continue without me there.

Laurreal - you have a bright future ahead of you.  Yes you have a tough road, but you're a very bright student.  The school failed you.  They gave up on teaching you so they just thrust you into time-outs after timeouts.  You were finally starting to shape up and do better and then I had to leave.  I hope you do well.

Samantha - They don't think you can do it.  Negativity all around.  But you are a bright cheerful person.  I believe you can do quite well and I hope you do well. 

Kelsey - You are one of the smartest, active and friendliest person I've come across.  I hope you are able to make friends and be close with them.  It saddens me seeing you sitting out there alone during recess or hearing other kids tell you to go away.  It's painful to hear, but you smile through it, so I hope you can do it.  Stay strong.

Graecyn - I love interacting with you.  You are so cheerful, funny, and active.  You are by far a great role model for other kids.  Always eager to help, always setting the trend for niceness.  I believe you will be a wonderful person one day.  I hope to see you again one day!

Emily and Bailee - You two are fun to be around, but you're showing that diva-ness and it's kind of ugly to see.  Try to be easier on other students.  Not sure what happened, who said what, but I'm no longer there cause of whatever was said.  I hope the best for you.  I hope the outside influence isn't making you bad.

« Last Edit: November 09, 2015, 12:33:07 AM by anonymouse »

Offline anonymouse

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 09, 2015, 11:30:48 AM »
I sometimes wonder, is gaming really a bad thing?

I mean, it was therapeutic and helped me de-stress.  Sometimes even being absorbed into it.  But I think back and just think, I did so much throughout the years, but if I wasn't playing games or fighting my inner demons.  I could've done so much more.

Now t hat I am slowly weaning off of video games, life has gotten alot brighter.  I've made time to hangout with classmates more and get more work done.

So I just wonder if it is really a bad thing.  I feel that it can be a good thing, but in moderation.  Being absorbed into it is so breathtakingly easy and helps you just escape reality.  But it becomes a blur so much that gaming becomes life, and life becomes the hobby.

Dark Angel

« Reply #37 on: November 13, 2015, 12:26:17 AM »
Not really if you know when to play and stop. Lol

Offline anonymouse

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 13, 2015, 12:53:31 AM »
Not really if you know when to play and stop. Lol

I thought I did.  But these last few months taught me that I didn't.  I mean I was able to stop.  But then I chose not to do anything else cause nothing else interested me at the time.

But now I see that other stuff do interest me.  Mostly in part to my classmates so maybe it's the people that makes the biggest impact.

Offline anonymouse

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 13, 2015, 02:14:20 AM »
When does this rollercoaster end.  damn. I can jump off, but it only leads to disastrous results.

The lady at the new internship emailed me.  However, she emailed me tuesday night to the school email.  Not my personal email.  So I didn't see it till I checked today and well it was too late. she wanted me to meet her today.

SIGH.  this sucks.  I said in the message I left her to call me and i gave her my phone number..

- I don't like the school's email system.  It is annoying to check and is over complicated.
1. open up school page
2. login
3. click on the mail tab which opens up a new page.
4. click on the mail section, wait for it to load.
then check mail.

we used to be able to just go straight to the mail, but they disabled it so the short way is actually a longer way.

why does it take 5 steps to read emails?  Why can't I just 1 click. 

--
I hope she gives me another chance. Please dear god if you hear me. please let her give me another chance to schedule an interview.

Offline anonymouse

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 13, 2015, 02:20:55 AM »
Lord if you hear me,
Please give me another chance.  Allow for me to meet with Julie for the interview,
I swear, I'm running out of chances and I'm near breaking point, but I'm trying really hard to be strong through this.
I do not care if I have to miss school to go to the interview, I do not care if it's on the weekend.  You can even put on Thanksgiving.  I don't care.
I want to be able to meet with her.  I'm willing to even give up my winter breaks and whatnot.  I'll sacrifice it all to be able to meet with her.
PLEASE.  Yes I understand, I should've been checking my email.  But I was sitting there waiting for a phone call.  I expected a phone call because I was told I was getting a phone interview.  When someone says you are getting a phone interview and then an in person interview.  You half expect them to call you.
But i'll take full responsibility .  Lack of awareness. Poor decision making.  Unprofessional conduct.  I should've been checking my email.

Please if you hear me.  Give me another chance to actually set up an interview with her. 

Dark Angel

« Reply #41 on: November 13, 2015, 07:44:12 AM »
Everything have a reason. If you missed the opportunity maybe because there's a greater one waiting for you. Don't beat yourself over it. Ifyou can correct a ssituation do it if not let it go.

Offline anonymouse

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 13, 2015, 11:07:44 AM »
Everything have a reason. If you missed the opportunity maybe because there's a greater one waiting for you. Don't beat yourself over it. Ifyou can correct a ssituation do it if not let it go.

But I need this.  If I don't get the internship I'm dropped from my graduate program.  And I just paid over 1k to be in it. it was around 700 for tuition and 500+ for books. :( Not to mention other stuff.

Offline anonymouse

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 13, 2015, 07:01:26 PM »
The lord and savior answered my prayers.

I called the lady like 10x today.
Left a message this morning and another at 3pm.

She replied back via email just now asking for my availability.
And I responded immediately so she said she will let me know by monday at the earliest when is the best time for an interview.

YAY.

Like this post: +1

Dark Angel

« Reply #44 on: November 13, 2015, 07:38:12 PM »
Congrats!!  O0

Advertisements