Advertisement

Author Topic: GT-R  (Read 3240 times)

Blongforever

GT-R
« on: August 08, 2015, 03:45:01 PM »
When it first came out, a co-worker and I were talking about it's potentials and the affordability for the younger guys with money to soup it up for street drags.

If I was this guy, I'd make love to this GT-R (not your traditional penetration type) but babied it with lots of love since it has the bragging rights to be the KING OF THE ROAD.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcHumlKI5EE

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
Re: GT-R
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2015, 05:57:32 PM »
In terms of Japanese cars, it reminded me of the 1993 supra when looking at dollar per power ratio. The vette is pretty good too overall.

Hitokiri

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2015, 11:31:35 PM »
In terms of Japanese cars, it reminded me of the 1993 supra when looking at dollar per power ratio. The vette is pretty good too overall.

When it comes to power and aftermarket nothing can touch the Corvette. It's not even close. I think the second closest thing would be the Mustang but the Corvette is a sportscar. The Mustang is a "Pony Car" - that's the difference right there.

E92M3

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2015, 12:22:04 PM »
When it comes to power and aftermarket nothing can touch the Corvette. It's not even close. I think the second closest thing would be the Mustang but the Corvette is a sportscar. The Mustang is a "Pony Car" - that's the difference right there.

Agree.  GT-R tax sucks, gotta pay to play.

Like this post: +1

Envy2

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2015, 10:24:53 AM »
When it first came out, a co-worker and I were talking about it's potentials and the affordability for the younger guys with money to soup it up for street drags.

If I was this guy, I'd make love to this GT-R (not your traditional penetration type) but babied it with lots of love since it has the bragging rights to be the KING OF THE ROAD.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcHumlKI5EE

:2funny: Too Fast...Too Furious...Too Fast for Y'all Yo.  :2funny:

Offline Boost

• Jr. Poster
  • "Year Of The Dragon"
  • Respect: +19
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2015, 06:41:18 PM »
Z06 is beast.  I wouldn't mind a C6 Z06 at all.

GR Supra - Armaspeed, AWE, Function Werk, Forge, JB4..
S2000 - AP1 w/AP2 Swap, GT35, Haltech, AEM, Tial, T1R..
RX400h - Hybrid

supadupac

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2015, 09:47:01 AM »
the GTR is the fastest car i have driven I would say

but i dont drive a lot of fast cars

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2015, 12:28:58 PM »
the GTR is the fastest car i have driven I would say

but i dont drive a lot of fast cars

Godzilla is one of the fastest production cars out there in terms of acceleration and top speed...I want to say top 25 in the world?

E92M3

« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2015, 01:31:28 PM »
The R36 has to step it up as the competition is getting close.  The C7 Z06 is no joke.  I like it but can never see myself in it.

The next generation tranny has to be better.  Coming from an E92 M3 DCT, I was a little disappointed with the GTR tranny as it is not as fast and smooth.  The M3 allow you to double click the downshift paddle and would find the best gear whereas this does not exist in the GT-R.  Reducing weight would be great as well as you can certainly feel the weight of Godzilla on bends.  Still amazes me how this thing handle given it's weight, the beauty of AWD.

Overall, this car is a beast and stock for stock, not much out there that can compete with it.

Envy2

« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2015, 04:10:37 PM »
The R36 has to step it up as the competition is getting close.  The C7 Z06 is no joke.  I like it but can never see myself in it.

The next generation tranny has to be better.  Coming from an E92 M3 DCT, I was a little disappointed with the GTR tranny as it is not as fast and smooth.  The M3 allow you to double click the downshift paddle and would find the best gear whereas this does not exist in the GT-R.  Reducing weight would be great as well as you can certainly feel the weight of Godzilla on bends.  Still amazes me how this thing handle given it's weight, the beauty of AWD.

Overall, this car is a beast and stock for stock, not much out there that can compete with it.

Most people don't like Vettes because it requires a real driver behind the wheel of that beast. Anyway there are a lot of fast cars out there, very few fast drivers. Fast driver in a fast car now that's a rare breed. Anyway your b1tching about your GTR because you don't know how to downshift? Isn't it a freaking automatic? :2funny:

hua

« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2015, 02:18:18 AM »
Fast cars are fun.. but im not skilled enough to do anything with it other than maybe launching it into a ditch... The adrenaline and Gs they pull when accelerating feels breath taking. I take my buddies 800hp supra out every chance I get... and I've got a heavy foot. Suprised I havn't gotten a speeding ticket yet.  :)

Envy2

« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2015, 01:15:33 PM »
Fast cars are fun.. but im not skilled enough to do anything with it other than maybe launching it into a ditch... The adrenaline and Gs they pull when accelerating feels breath taking. I take my buddies 800hp supra out every chance I get... and I've got a heavy foot. Suprised I havn't gotten a speeding ticket yet.  :)

I beg to differ but have fun with this drag strip below.

|-------------------------------------------------------------------------

]-88888

Advertisements