Advertisement

Author Topic: Are there any Hmong composers out there?  (Read 3024 times)

TheAfterLife

Are there any Hmong composers out there?
« on: August 08, 2015, 10:50:12 PM »
I am a composer myself. If there are any Hmong people who are well educated in the music realm, please, let us chat and have some fun! We can talk on for HOURS about the history of it, the composer's history, etc. How about it?

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

zena

Re: Are there any Hmong composers out there?
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2015, 02:01:01 PM »
Nope.  I think you're the only one.  Keep it up and someday hope to hear more of your stuff on YT and iTunes.  O0

Vince_Xiong

Re: Are there any Hmong composers out there?
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2017, 11:32:47 PM »
I know this is late and was posted two years ago, but I've just recently found this site because I wanted to see more Hmong composers and film-makers, as I am both a composer and film-maker myself. If you want, you can take a look at my YouTube channel so you know my kind of work.

https://www.youtube.com/user/Fuzed3nerG/videos

Also, I've listened to some of your tracks and they sound pretty good! I like your style. Lol I'm glad I'm not the only Hmong film composer out there haha And about the history of music and stuff, I don't really know much and I don't read or write music notes. I kind of picked up piano without any music background and went on from there. I play by ear. I do know minor music theories and such. But not too much. However, I do know what chords goes with what and what notes goes with what without knowing music notes and terms. It's muscle memory for me.

« Last Edit: June 14, 2017, 11:41:15 PM by Vince_Xiong »

Advertisements