Advertisement

Author Topic: DBZ F! Thumbs up or down?  (Read 6271 times)

ranphy

DBZ F! Thumbs up or down?
« on: August 11, 2015, 07:02:50 PM »
My verdict is  O0!

Good
-Master Roshi kicking butt
-Piccolo doesn't throw baby into wilderness for training
-Emphasis on main characters' personality for storyline
-Dragon Balls were used for evil! And progressed the storyline.

Bad
-No beam battle
-No epic transformation scene,
-Galactic patrol guy got too much screen time
-Dragon Balls used to save the town...
-Mint chocolate ice cream is so much better than strawberry!!!

Let me know how you enjoyed the movie and remember, thumbs up or thumbs down!

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline azn-guy

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +72
    • View Profile
Re: DBZ F! Thumbs up or down?
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2015, 02:10:13 AM »
i give it a thumbs up it was way better than battle of the gods

DONT READ THIS PART BECAUSE IT CONTAINS SPOILERS

I thought it would of been way better if vegeta would of killed frieza and got his vegeance, I was clapping when vegeta finally got his justice but nooooo its all about goku comon man this is what made dragonball GT looked bad but overall i still enjoyed it

Offline azn-guy

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +72
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2015, 12:13:50 PM »
haven't seen it. 

is it true what they say?
That frieza only lost cause he ran out of energy/ki/whatever since golden frieza drains his ki real fast?
yeap frieza lost due to his power drain as goku and vegeta said if he would of not hurry to earth and took his time to train he would of been a lot stronger and not waste his kai

chidorix0x

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2015, 10:47:08 PM »
...  kekeke  ...   :2funny:

Saw the entire movie free online  ...  on ...  U guessed it  ...  KEKEKE  ...   >:D

I am not a diehard DZ fangirl/boy, but am quite familiar with the bulk of the storyline (chars etc.), therefore I am giving this movie a C+.

Good
Bulma as her usual self.
Krillin homage to shaolin.
Whis and Bills food humor (quite hilarious).
Gold Frieza (though barely, or poorly explained/expanded upon).
The new fighting animation/choreography is better executed (and more toned down but more intense/realistic).
God Saiyan (though not explained/expanded clearly because in the DBZ God movie, it takes 6-Saiyans=1-God Saiyan. The fact that Goku and Vegetta can do it "solo" is ??? Yeah, yeah  ... some of you will argue this will be explained in future episodes/movies; thus it makes no sense in this movie.  And the "Blue" aura should have been "White" for Godliness -- imho.)

Bad!!!
No Trunks (and/or kid Goten and Trunks)
No Super Naimek (seriously, come on Picoolo -- esp. against the entire Frieza horde)
No Super Saiyan Level 1-4 (not to mention No Fusion; Yeah, yeah  ...  some of you are going to argue it wasn't needed because Goku/Vegetta can be Saiyan God.  But each progression, power ups, has always been the trademark, norm, steps, and sequence in nearly ALL DBZ episodes/movies.)
Master Roshi fighting (WTF!  He has never fought in any DBZ episodes/movies I have seen???)
No Hercule (or Mr. Satan -- he is a DBZ stable in my book.  Even a "cameo" would have sufficed.)
Vegetta barely had any screen time fighting against Frieza.  (And I agree, Goku jumping out of nowhere to obliterate Frieza when Vegetta clearly set to let loose is just bad scripting).
etc. etc. etc., but those are the high points.

chidorix0x

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2015, 11:21:09 PM »
/\/\  ...  kekeke  ...   :2funny:

Training with Bills is NOT an automatic to SSJGod.  (Not in my book, or anyone's for that matter.)  Again, per the SSJGod movie, it takes 6 SSJ=1 SSJGod; therefore the fact that Goku and Vegetta who both trained with Bills can become SSJGod is pure garbage.  In the F movie, they were merely training to be better fighters -- NOT necessarily honing their Godness and/or powers/kai.

Gohan fought as a wussy.  It is all I care to say.

N`Chync

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2015, 11:06:34 AM »
I like that Akira is giving some attention the rest of the Z Fighters. The was the cool part of the series until the end of the Cell Saga. The other Z Fighters were part of the action. Also some of the guys had a turn at being the strongest in the group at one point or another like Piccolo and Vegeta in the Freeza and Android/Cell Saga and Future Trunks in the Android/Cell Saga. Gohan always been consistent since he's potentially the strongest but he doesnt the strongest. Even Tien and Yamcha still have roles until the end of the Cell Saga.

What I don't like about the new DBZ is the Super Saiyan God transformation . Was hoping Akira would of done to SSJ3 like he did to SSJ1 and just have them master the power. Now it's gonna be just like DBGT where SSJ4 characters shine and the rest are pointless. The DBZ F story is right after the Buu so there wasn't a need for a new transformation . Should of just focused on the characters and their abilities and go from there like Piccolo who was able to keep up with Goku and Vegeta until the Buu Saga where it became a 2 man show with Goku and Vegeta. And Gohan  who was the strongest non fusion character at the end of the Buu Saga. And can't forget about Majinn Buy, Uub and the SSJ kids Trunks and Goten. The creator of the Dragon Ball needs to work on the other characters or hire people to remind him there's other characters as he forgets about things and messes up. He has stated that he forgot about SSJ 2 which is probably why SSJ 2 didn't get much use. He also said had Master Roshi joined the fight against Raddittz they would have won. If Roshi was that strong how come he never was part of the action til now.

Pretty much I was hoping that if he was gon a pick up after the Buu Saga it was gonna be a continuation of what was already done. This is gonna be another DBGT.

As for the Super Saiyan God it takes the power of 6 Saiyans but the transformation Goku and Vegeta do is called Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan. Yea stupid but whatever. Goku did it after the Super Saiyan God's time limit ran out in the Lord Beerus fight.  Don't know how Vegeta achieved it. They must have done the same thing to Vegeta. But that's even more stupid. All the Saiyans should get together and turn everyone into a Super Saiyan God so they can transform into Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan. The whole Super Saiyan God thing is dumb. Vegeta and Freeze knew nothing about it but they knew of the Lengendary Super Saiyan? So if Gohan who had his full potential unlocked and only turns to Mystic Gohan when he transforms what would happen if he went Super Saiyan God? Would he then go Super Saiyan God Mystic Gohan? LoL Akira definitely forgot about power levels since Freeza died with a 1,000,000 power level. Gold Freeza was 1,300,000. The Z Fighters were passed the million mark a long time ago.

N`Chync

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2015, 11:34:19 AM »
I like how the power levels and transformation s were in the Android and Cell Saga. If Akira Toriyama would remember to use what he has established it would be better. In those sagas we saw how powerful the SSJ form could be if trained hard (Super Vegeta and Super Future Trunks) or mastered (Full Powered SSJ Goku and Gohan) since normally the SSJ transformation was hard to sustain for long periods since it was a drain on the body until they trained. So full powered SSJ3 Goku wouldnt struggle to sustain the form like he did against Kid Buu.

They need to stop making Gohan lose his power level. By now Gohan should know better and Akira needs to stop writing him out. And Piccolo was always up there because of his training and Akira finding a way to boost bis power level so he needs to keep it that way. Trunks and Goten are already Super Saiyan and have soo much potential. Uub is freak Kid Buu reincarnated so that's a unlimited potential to be released. Majin Buu is still there. Akira already has the easy way out with fusion between many characters. Didn't need another easy way out with Super Saiyan God that all the Saiyans can achieve. It's ok to give a easy upgrade here and there like Piccolo merging with Nail and Kami, Vegeta becoming Majin Vegeta to get SSJ2 power, and Gohan getting his full potential unlocked.This SSG stuff better mean we see more Saiyans fighting against supreme beings.

N`Chync

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2015, 11:42:00 AM »
But I didn't mind the movie. Animation was great and they used more characters. It almost felt like Dragon Ball Z when the Z Fighters were fighting. Master Roshi was awesome. Never thought I see him and Piccolo on the battlefield together. They always have the wisdom and leadership the other guys need.

LION HEART

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2015, 11:59:23 AM »
I didn't watch it and I'm not going to.  Plain and simple, all they had to do was bring back Future Trunks and with a couple slices of the sword, Freeza would be sliced ham.  You couldn't pay me to watch this.

Offline Hung_Low

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +245
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2015, 11:13:55 PM »
My verdict is  O0!

Good
-Master Roshi kicking butt
-Piccolo doesn't throw baby into wilderness for training
-Emphasis on main characters' personality for storyline
-Dragon Balls were used for evil! And progressed the storyline.

Bad
-No beam battle
-No epic transformation scene,
-Galactic patrol guy got too much screen time
-Dragon Balls used to save the town...
-Mint chocolate ice cream is so much better than strawberry!!!

Let me know how you enjoyed the movie and remember, thumbs up or thumbs down!

post up a torrent and I'll watch it and give my feedback...

- Maxi pad not greatest thing on earth but next to it.

fOrEvEr_sUn_76

« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2015, 11:30:37 PM »
The movie sucks and all them new forms doesn't intrigue me. I would had enjoy the movie more had Frieza kill both Goku and Vegeta and have the Earthlings shaking in their boots again but no we get the good guys always win mentality. Until Toriyama knows how to make Dragon Ball Z good again, these movies are a waste of time and are only made so he could sell them toys again.

FetishDream

« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2015, 09:08:10 AM »
All I am going to say is that in them freezer series, it takes up half the hour show just to power up and level up with their grunting.  What you guys say is good stuff but how are you going to stick all of that into a 2 hour movie? 

I think the ending is stupid.  How convenient, we can just go back in time at will to make things right.   :2funny:

Advertisements