Advertisement

Author Topic: New Technology  (Read 2134 times)

zena

New Technology
« on: August 17, 2015, 02:56:23 PM »
I want this. $130 on Amazon.  Gotta save up!

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

zena

Re: New Technology
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2015, 11:26:58 AM »
I ended up getting the Canon Selphy 910.  It was originally $99.99 but got it on sale for $59.99.  I love it.  If I were to get the Polariod as a gift, I'd be happy too but I'm already super happy with the Selphy.

Offline nightrider

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +48
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2016, 12:22:19 AM »
Is it as good as pictures chemically developed?

zena

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2016, 03:17:23 PM »
Is it as good as pictures chemically developed?

As good as getting them printed at Walgreens, Target, Walmart, etc.

But they will never be pro.  But then again, if you had pro photos, you would know not to print at home on a regular printer or at the stores mentioned.  You'd find a pro photo print place.  Common sense.  However, there have been people who print their pro photos in those ways and complain.  Just don't be one of those.

btw, technology changes so fast that that camera is probably outdated now...LOL.  I think there are newer stuff out there.

Offline Visualmon

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +377
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2016, 07:20:08 PM »
I prefer developing film and print in old fashion way because it's more fun and interesting to see how the negative film and print turn out.

There's no need for you to hide. I already saw you.

zena

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2016, 04:31:17 PM »
I prefer developing film and print in old fashion way because it's more fun and interesting to see how the negative film and print turn out.

Yes, if you're doing film for art pieces.  But, I use these quick printers for every day things or events at my kids school, day at the pool, day at a park, etc.  I don't want a film camera for these things.  It's too costly for the film and for developing, being that there are limited places that will still print film.  The last time I printed film (about 3 to 4 years ago), I didn't have a good experience with the developer.  It was one reason why I went further into the digital world.  Another thing was it cost about $20 for 12 decent photos with 6 of them were good...really?  And, there was no way to tell which photo would be good.  With an at home printer, I can choose to print two or three I like, and with digital prints from say, Walgreens, I can see what I want printed before I print + I can get like 100 photos for $10 or less during sales, and that's 100 photos I really like.  Btw, I give photos away too so when I printed film, I could barely give any away 'cause it cost too much but now I do it a lot.

Advertisements