Advertisement

Author Topic: So I picked up the s2000...  (Read 9480 times)

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +299
    • View Profile
So I picked up the s2000...
« on: August 23, 2015, 06:06:36 AM »
Only 22k miles on it, 2004 model

Anyways, it's a whole lot faster than the civic si in acceleration, it accelerates smoother and quicker and to be honest, with the top up, it's not that noisy inside....or maybe I'm just use to my noisy teggie (due to the motor mounts vibration)

Tell you what, with the top up.. you can forget about blind spot visibility!  It's quite scary!  Top down.. .is pretty awesome though.  I'll give my in-depth review later.  What I like, don't like...

But I will say... comparing gearbox's...

Teggie first, S2000 second, Civic Si... way way way way way way a distant third.

I might get some hate from the s2000 owners here... but well... the teggie still feels better as far as gearbox...

Maybe Im not use to the gearbox yet in the S. 

In the teggie, when you're gear, you know you're in gear and when you're off the gas, you know you're off the gas, and when you got the clutch in, you know you got the clutch in, there's no second guess you're good to change gear and there's no second guessing that you're in gear or not when you throw it into the gear. It's really confidence inspiring especiall when you're doing redline shifts.

The s2000... yes I only drove it for about only 2 hours total.. and I haven't shifted at redline yet, I only hit vtec once...  and like I said, maybe I'm not use to it but... Going from 1st to 2nd... is not confidence inspiring... It feels like I'm not into gear yet, but I'm actually am in gear.. 3-6 is no problem... it's just that 1st to 2nd... sometimes first doesn't like to go in.. it'll grind.. maybe I'm doing it wrong!  Maybe I just need to change the Transmission fluid.  Anyways... I doubt there's anything wrong with the tranny since it's only got 22000 miles on the car.  I'll change the transmission fluid and see how things are after that!  If not... well the car did come with a 48k mile powertrain warranty!  I will definitely take it in after 2 years and have them look it over!

Now the Civic Si?  we won't even talk about that gear box.. .it's atrociouos, well maybe the gear box is allright but all the stuff that makes it not shine... just makes you feel like the gear box is atrocious... shifting fast at redline?  Forget it.  It'll never happen without a grind or keeping the clutch in for a couple seconds before going into gear... sometimes it won't even go into gear.

Ranking of the car's I had gear box's, as far as confidence inspiring going into gears. 

1.  2001 Integra GSR
1.  1995 Integra GSR
2.  1991 CRX Si
2.  2008 Civic Si(Not mine, actually my other brother's/Car was Flashed Pro-ed to get rid of hang rev which appearantly what my 2011 had causing it's shifting to suck and amsoil transmission fluid)
3.  1991 Nissan NX2000(Not actually mine, my brother's)
3.  1991 Honda Prelude Si
4.  2001 Honda Prelude SH
5.  2004 Honda S2000
6.  2011 Honda Civic Si.

Obviously this list could change the longer I drive the S2000 and figure out it's shifting characteristic s... but that's it for now.  Yes a lot of the top ranking have longer throws but... I never had to think twice when I was/still am shifting with them.

Rank your cars!

Shifting in the 2011 Civic was so... annoying.. You just didn't know if it'd go in or not... I could never drive that engine the way it needed to be. 

« Last Edit: August 23, 2015, 07:36:49 AM by thePoster »

Like this post: 0
I went through all 15k posts and those 2 quotes I found were the only ones so I guess that would make it "everytime".  Feel free to go through all 15k posts and verify by quoting them all.  You need to quote them all to verifying prove "everytime".   Please verify that Im wrong.

Adverstisement

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1329
    • View Profile
Re: So I picked up the s2000...
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2015, 12:25:09 AM »
Only 22k miles on it, 2004 model

Anyways, it's a whole lot faster than the civic si in acceleration, ...

Congrats!

It should be "faster" than the Civic SI based on specs alone....

In case you are not aware, don't be surprised if gay men hit you up for a test drive as verts are their vehicle type of choice...nothi ng wrong with that, just saying..

Enjoy the new ride!

Sifu

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2015, 09:01:07 AM »
Dude!  Pic with penny!

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2015, 10:08:30 AM »
I'll do a pic with the teggie

I need to do a side by side race to see which is faster.

I went through all 15k posts and those 2 quotes I found were the only ones so I guess that would make it "everytime".  Feel free to go through all 15k posts and verify by quoting them all.  You need to quote them all to verifying prove "everytime".   Please verify that Im wrong.

Offline Boost

• Jr. Poster
  • "Year Of The Dragon"
  • Respect: +19
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2015, 11:27:32 AM »
Congrats on the S2000.  No need to drag race it unless you want to see where you stand. They're slow, but fun for track.

GR Supra - Armaspeed, AWE, Function Werk, Forge, JB4..
S2000 - AP1 w/AP2 Swap, GT35, Haltech, AEM, Tial, T1R..
RX400h - Hybrid

CARLOS

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2015, 12:04:30 PM »
Congrats on the purchase.  Will you be getting a hardtop for it? 

Sifu

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2015, 12:28:17 PM »

That still doesn't count...

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1329
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2015, 02:28:51 PM »

I can tell you that the "teggie" will lose based on specs unless you add steroids to it. Even the Integra Type R is slower than the S2000...

Careful lauching the S2000 though, heard it has a weak OEM differential.. .

CARLOS

« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2015, 02:51:35 PM »
That still doesn't count...

Maybe we should require jerklo to post a video of him licking the penny and the s2000 all one shot

Sifu

« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2015, 03:20:17 PM »
No he's been here long enough.  Penny and towel mod.

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2015, 04:02:11 PM »
I'm not racing that thing.

I got it for the drop top and A/C.  That's about it.

yuknowthat

« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2015, 05:28:20 PM »
Congratz enjoy that s2k.. it sure is something of its on a different level then the teggie.

But if you do want a little of adreneline rush then join the 10sec Honda Club with a nice cbr. ;D ;)

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2015, 09:17:06 PM »
I haven't even pushed that thing to the max yet and I probably won't till i'm comfortable with the gearbox.  Maybe I was expecting too much!  It's not like butter!  Not yet anways, I'll see how it is after I change the tranny and diff fluid on Wednesday.  I tell you what, the teggie is like butter, if I can get the s2k feeling like that... then well!  It'll be an awesome car.

The power comes on different in the s2k.  Maybe because it's RWD?  and it's more? 

As far as handling wise goes.. right now..even thought I haven't pushed the s2000 to it's maxed yet, they feel about the same believe it or not.  It could use better tires.. it's riding on mud and snow tires..   cheezez...

I don't think I'll ever do motorcycle, that's just too dangerous in my opinon!

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2015, 11:30:17 AM »
Dang!  I just got a chance to change out the diff fluid.. and it was disgusting, like nobody changed it since it was bought.

Dark, blackish gray, and thick. 

Threw some Honda MTF in there as well.

It's shifting a bit better.  Not close to "smooth as butter" like the teggie yet.. but hopefully I can get it there. 

May try some other different type of MTF and Diff fluid in the short future.

Hitokiri

« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2015, 05:44:51 PM »
This thread is useless without pictures!  :D

Advertisements