Advertisement

Author Topic: So I picked up the s2000...  (Read 9507 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1330
    • View Profile
Re: So I picked up the s2000...
« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2015, 09:31:38 AM »
Dude, there's very little comparison between a purpose built sports car and a FWD econobox with some fast bit parts. 

True, doesn't make much sense to compare an economy car (Integra) to a higer end sporty roadster (S2K)...

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +299
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2015, 10:53:52 AM »
Been getting a lot of comments on the car.  Random strangers saying the like it.  Just today, a fellow s2000 owner followed me back to my parking.  I didn't know who he was.  He just followed me and pulled up and started talking to me.  He was an old guy, probably 65+.  He said these cars are luxury.  I dont know how luxurious they are though. 

Anyways, one of the funniest comment I had was some little kids was pointing and yelling at my car "oh ma gawd!!  It's a Ferrari!  Look look! A Ferrari!"

Cracked me up. 

I went through all 15k posts and those 2 quotes I found were the only ones so I guess that would make it "everytime".  Feel free to go through all 15k posts and verify by quoting them all.  You need to quote them all to verifying prove "everytime".   Please verify that Im wrong.

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2015, 04:13:19 PM »
Been getting a lot of comments on the car.  Random strangers saying the like it.  Just today, a fellow s2000 owner followed me back to my parking.  I didn't know who he was.  He just followed me and pulled up and started talking to me.  He was an old guy, probably 65+.  He said these cars are luxury.  I dont know how luxurious they are though. 

Anyways, one of the funniest comment I had was some little kids was pointing and yelling at my car "oh ma gawd!!  It's a Ferrari!  Look look! A Ferrari!"

Cracked me up.

Like gay men, "older" men also like vert. When I owned my Vette, I've seen many older guys driving the vert model. I've never liked vert regardless of year, model, or type. I prefer T or glass-top when giving the option. Oh women loves vert too.

As far as the "comments" go, yeah you're not going to get it driving an economy car like the Integra which is why it caught you by suprise with the S2K now.

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2015, 07:15:04 PM »

A clip of my horrible dented up headers... I guess I won't be able to drop my car again ever...

It's a shame... as you can see... pretty much there was maybe if I'm lucky... 10 percent flow on those two exhaust collectors.

I don't know how it got dented like that.. but it got dented so you can actually pinch the metal.

Sorry to hear but that's exactly why dropping a car is not practical for many unless they use that car strictly at the track or only drive on smooth even surfaces.

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +299
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 14, 2015, 09:35:13 PM »
Oh, I get comments on the teggie too.

It's usually from the younger crowd.  The 'tuner" crowd... if it's an older guy... he usually owns some type of sports car and knows about the integra type R and either mistakens it for the type R or knows about it's sibling the GSR.

The S2000 gets comments from the same crowd as well as well as the older non-tuner folks who just likes nice cars and nice things.

Like that guy in the ap1, he was an older guy... not into tuning or anything, he just likes nice things... I still think it was funnie when he said 'it's luxury!"... it s definitely not a luxurious car.  More of a sports car.  It's not quiet, the ride is not smooth over bumps... but the dude love his car.  He liked the vert top. 

People can have that stigma with vert owners all they want... until someone drives a vert.. they wont understand how nice it feels with the top down... a sunroof, moonroof, targa top, t-top just doesn't compare.

« Last Edit: September 14, 2015, 09:38:39 PM by thePoster »

I went through all 15k posts and those 2 quotes I found were the only ones so I guess that would make it "everytime".  Feel free to go through all 15k posts and verify by quoting them all.  You need to quote them all to verifying prove "everytime".   Please verify that Im wrong.

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 14, 2015, 10:04:05 PM »
Oh, I get comments on the teggie too.

It's usually from the younger crowd.  The 'tuner" crowd... if it's an older guy... he usually owns some type of sports car and knows about the integra type R and either mistakens it for the type R or knows about it's sibling the GSR.

The S2000 gets comments from the same crowd as well as well as the older non-tuner folks who just likes nice cars and nice things.

Like that guy in the ap1, he was an older guy... not into tuning or anything, he just likes nice things... I still think it was funnie when he said 'it's luxury!"... it s definitely not a luxurious car.  More of a sports car.  It's not quiet, the ride is not smooth over bumps... but the dude love his car.  He liked the vert top. 

People can have that stigma with vert owners all they want... until someone drives a vert.. they wont understand how nice it feels with the top down... a sunroof, moonroof, targa top, t-top just doesn't compare.

The S2K is definitely more "luxurious" than the average car i.e., Carolla, Civic, Integra, etc., when looking at the same year.

Vert is not a "stigma", it's a preference so nothing wrong with prefering vert. I used to own a Wrangler TJ hard top and after driving it with the cover and doors off, the vert option of it is not for me. That was the only time I drove the Wrangler with the top off during my 2 plus years of ownership. I prefered the glass top of my Vette over a vert.

Offline Boost

• Jr. Poster
  • "Year Of The Dragon"
  • Respect: +19
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 15, 2015, 04:46:15 PM »
I bought my S2 for the "old man" drop top feature.  If not for the drop top I would of bought a 350Z.

GR Supra - Armaspeed, AWE, Function Werk, Forge, JB4..
S2000 - AP1 w/AP2 Swap, GT35, Haltech, AEM, Tial, T1R..
RX400h - Hybrid
Grand Highlander - Turbo

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 16, 2015, 09:28:52 AM »
I bought my S2 for the "old man" drop top feature.  If not for the drop top I would of bought a 350Z.

Good for you Boost for doing what's right for you instead of trying to please others.  O0
There's nothing wrong with personal preferences. The key is do what's right for you.

Therefore, if you want a vehicle brand/type that is preferred by Asians i.e., Civics, Accord, Camry, Integra, etc., just get it even if you're not Asian.

And same goes for convertibles, even if it's preferred by "old man" or women, if it's for you, just do it as there's nothing wrong with that.

Boost, did you consider the 350Z convertible too?

Envy2

« Reply #38 on: September 17, 2015, 11:31:39 AM »
It should blow the doors off your Teg. I did circles around a Mugen SI.   :2funny:

I beat a bike once with my car. He couldn't catch me on the straight or corner. I was driving with god like skills of Takumi from Mt. Akina.  He got a ten speed against my 246HP AWD turbo!   :2funny:

S2000 > Mugen SI. No suprise you did circles around him. 

Envy2

« Reply #39 on: September 17, 2015, 11:46:37 AM »

Cracked me up.

You just got hit on that's what happen. He wanted to insert his stick shift into your exhaust. Anyway Sk200 = dime a dozen. You should get a Porsche. Most people can't tell the difference between a $170k porsche GT3 RS and a 50k porsche boxster. I wonder if that is a good or bad thing????

michaelvang85

« Reply #40 on: September 19, 2015, 03:10:11 AM »
When I'm old, I'll probably drive a stock car with enough performance form the assembly line. Maybe a 2nd hand FT-1 after my kids are all grown up.

Offline Boost

• Jr. Poster
  • "Year Of The Dragon"
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 24, 2015, 07:47:09 PM »
Good for you Boost for doing what's right for you instead of trying to please others.  O0
There's nothing wrong with personal preferences. The key is do what's right for you.

Therefore, if you want a vehicle brand/type that is preferred by Asians i.e., Civics, Accord, Camry, Integra, etc., just get it even if you're not Asian.

And same goes for convertibles, even if it's preferred by "old man" or women, if it's for you, just do it as there's nothing wrong with that.

Boost, did you consider the 350Z convertible too?

I did consider the Z roadster, but when I drove it, the car felt flimsy. I wanted to take the car to the track every once in a while too so the S2000 was better. With boost the S2000 also has more potential. I am considering an old man C6 Z06 targa top now.  lol.

RX400h - Hybrid
Grand Highlander - Turbo

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 24, 2015, 09:18:36 PM »
I did consider the Z roadster, but when I drove it, the car felt flimsy. I wanted to take the car to the track every once in a while too so the S2000 was better. With boost the S2000 also has more potential. I am considering an old man C6 Z06 targa top now.  lol.

Just do it man! Get that Z06. There are some truth in the line: "There's no replacement for displacement"...Oh highway MPG is pretty good too for a V-8. My old C5was getting close to 30 MPG on the highway when in 6th gear cruising at 70 MPH.

Offline Boost

• Jr. Poster
  • "Year Of The Dragon"
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 25, 2015, 06:30:45 PM »
Just do it man! Get that Z06. There are some truth in the line: "There's no replacement for displacement"...Oh highway MPG is pretty good too for a V-8. My old C5was getting close to 30 MPG on the highway when in 6th gear cruising at 70 MPH.

Yea, I got a chance to drive my buddy's C5 Z06 around for a bit and it was pretty nice.  He dumped the Z06 for a wide body single turbo Supra(which I also drive but didn't like).  I believe he is considering the new C7 Z06.  I like the C6 Z06 and they aren't too bad around the track either.  Anyhow, for me it be more for cruising, traveling and occasional track.   O0

RX400h - Hybrid
Grand Highlander - Turbo

Advertisements