Advertisement

Author Topic: LinkedIn + Lynda.com  (Read 2825 times)

zena

LinkedIn + Lynda.com
« on: August 26, 2015, 11:52:48 AM »
This is interesting: http://techcrunch.com/2015/04/09/linkedin-to-buy-online-education-site-lynda-com-for-1-5-billion/#.qapcxn:1eha

I didn't even know LinkedIn was bigger than Lynda.com.  Thought Lynda would be the one buying LinkedIn.  I wonder where LinkedIn is going because I always thought they were a job connections type of social network.  It'll be interesting to see this.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Katastrophe

Re: LinkedIn + Lynda.com
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2015, 11:14:31 PM »
You may not know this, but LinkedIn is not a legit employment service/job connection type of social network.  It's advertised as one but it's really a hook up network. 

Katastrophe

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2015, 11:51:00 PM »
Yeah Linkedin is becoming more like facebook for professionals. ..YUCK!

I was thinking of more in the same category as Ashley Madison. 

zena

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2015, 04:01:02 PM »
You may not know this, but LinkedIn is not a legit employment service/job connection type of social network.  It's advertised as one but it's really a hook up network.

I guess it depends on who you are.  :)

I personally don't use it much (or at all actually) but I do have an account.  Still trying to get used to the idea that I'm connected to past employers and past co-workers.  Some jobs I have to put on there but doesn't mean I want to be connected to everyone I once worked with.  I just don't know how to deal with that.

So, wonder what LinkedIn is going to do with Lynda.  Pimp her out?  J/K.  I know dry humor.

Offline Risingstars

• PH Regular
  • Respect: +26
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2015, 09:41:08 PM »
Lol Lynda.com..... At work, I had a ticket to go install Lynda.com on a group of teams laptop. In doing so, it's web base so there isn't any downloads.

"Noj zaub yuav rau roj, ua neeg nyob yuav tsum ua siab loj"

zena

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2015, 12:10:10 AM »
Lol Lynda.com..... At work, I had a ticket to go install Lynda.com on a group of teams laptop. In doing so, it's web base so there isn't any downloads.

No way.  LOL!

Offline Gracified23

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +59
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2015, 10:00:39 AM »
I use the service. i created tons of products.. make thousands.

Offline duckwingduck

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +172
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2015, 10:28:59 AM »
I have no idea what lynda is.  I have linkedin to connect with friends I once worked with.  So far, linkedin hasn't done anything for me.

zena

« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2016, 11:44:30 AM »
Lynda is a online training business; although, lately I haven't heard much from "her," or about "her."  I still get updates from Linkedin and ex-coworkers wanting to connect but I haven't connected with any of them.

Advertisements