Advertisement

Author Topic: Sept. 12 - Dyno Day at Green Bay, WI  (Read 1704 times)

Hitokiri

Sept. 12 - Dyno Day at Green Bay, WI
« on: August 29, 2015, 05:55:37 PM »
There's going to be a dyno day on Sept. 12 in Green Bay, WI. The address is ..

Beyond Redline Performance
1220 Winford Ave, Green Bay, Wisconsin 54303

This was originally set up by a VW club but because they could not find enough cars (they need 25) they started to ask other people and forums for cars. The original price is $85 for 3 runs but if we can get 25 cars then the prices well drop to $65 for 3 runs. I'm bringing my Ford Escape. If anyone has interest in this please let me know. Thanks! Hope to see you there!

« Last Edit: August 29, 2015, 09:38:53 PM by Hitokiri »

Like this post: +1

Adverstisement

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +299
    • View Profile
Re: Sept. 12 - Dyno Day at Green Bay, WI
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2015, 07:48:02 PM »
If I was closer, I'd bring both cars.

Like this post: 0
I went through all 15k posts and those 2 quotes I found were the only ones so I guess that would make it "everytime".  Feel free to go through all 15k posts and verify by quoting them all.  You need to quote them all to verifying prove "everytime".   Please verify that Im wrong.

hua

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2015, 02:38:07 AM »
Took my supra there couple years ago... blew an intercooler piping off during the run. lol

Hitokiri

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2015, 12:06:36 AM »
Took my supra there couple years ago... blew an intercooler piping off during the run. lol

Haha...well hopefully that won't happen to me. I hope there's a good turn out. I'll have the video and the graph here by this weekend.

hua

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2015, 05:43:51 AM »
I sold the supra earlier this year, so nothing to take to the dyno anymore...  looking forwards to seeing your video/results.

Oh, I made a measly 320whp and 330 ft/lbs of torque only. And I was pig rich... bottomed out the a/f meter at 10:1 at WOT since I had no safc or any other piggy backs to tune it with, lol.

Like this post: +1

Hitokiri

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2015, 11:36:51 PM »
Dynoed my car this weekend but too bad it didn't end up the way I wanted. First my car thought it would be cute to activate traction control on the dyno and it followed that up by not going through the RPMs well or smoothly. On the third run we ran it on fourth gear and it read 153 HP and 165 TQ which is wrong since those numbers are lower crank number then stock. Not to add the last dyno run only ran my car at 10 lbs of boost when it should be hitting 20-22 lbs instead. The highest readings was 185 HP and 185 TQ but that was only on 15 lbs of boost so again the dyno wasn't reading right or my car was just acting funky.

The shop (Beyond Redline Tuning in Green Bay) told me they also have the same issues with their Ecoboost Mustang which is their shop car. It seems Ecoboost cars don't like to be dynoed unless all the perimeters are exactly right and accounted for. With just 20-30 mins to work with there wasn't enough time to adjust my car to everything which sucked. Oh well...maybe next time.

For those wondering I was looking for something like 220-230 HP and 240-250 torque which I think I would have got if it reached the full 20-22 lbs of boost.

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +299
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2015, 05:33:53 AM »
That's a shame, I hope they gave you a discount  for Thier dyno not reading right.

I went through all 15k posts and those 2 quotes I found were the only ones so I guess that would make it "everytime".  Feel free to go through all 15k posts and verify by quoting them all.  You need to quote them all to verifying prove "everytime".   Please verify that Im wrong.

Hitokiri

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2015, 11:49:21 AM »
That's a shame, I hope they gave you a discount  for Thier dyno not reading right.

Well, we did dyno at half the price already so it was fair. The guy offered me to come again and pay the full price for an hour's time on the time but I told him maybe. I love and hate Ford's Ecoboost motor. I mean it's soooooo good but yet it has many faults such as too small of a turbo/intercooler and too sensitive of software. I hate the feeling of a throttle controlled by the computer - feels very unnatural and the response of the car is also a second behind.

Sometime technology is great but when it comes to cars sometimes it just a pain in the butt.

Advertisements