Advertisement

Author Topic: Merced Man Pleads Guilty in Toddler's Death  (Read 2062 times)

fOrEvEr_sUn_76

Merced Man Pleads Guilty in Toddler's Death
« on: August 30, 2015, 09:44:23 PM »
Tuesday, August 25, 2015 06:00PM

MERCED, Calif. (KFSN) -- A Merced man accused of running over a toddler has now pleaded guilty. Jonathan Thao initially claimed three-year-old Santos Seth Alvarez was killed by a hit-and-run driver in a McDonald's parking lot last November. But Merced police said their investigation revealed Thao was to blame for the death. They even found the toddler's blood on the tires of his truck.

On Monday, Thao pleaded guilty to one count of child abuse causing great bodily injury. Family members said they're glad he's taking responsibility but wish he was facing more serious charges.

Prosecutors said they had to go with what they can prove, and there's not enough evidence to show any motive or intent. They also said Thao pleaded guilty in a way that does not admit wrongdoing. He was not offered any deal in return though, and faces a maximum of nine years in prison during his sentencing next month.

To see the original article go here:

http://abc30.com/957345/

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
Re: Merced Man Pleads Guilty in Toddler's Death
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2015, 02:37:00 AM »
Sh!t happens but gotta man up and own up to your responsibility ...at least he finally plead guilty.

Lyn Song

Re: Merced Man Pleads Guilty in Toddler's Death
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2015, 05:07:18 AM »
Good to know that he is taking responsibility, seem to me like he wasn't sure who ran over the toddler. My condolence goes to those family for losing a love one, for his sake I hope he learn from this and get his life back on track.

Advertisements