Advertisement

Author Topic: Fresno Man on Trial For Father's Murder  (Read 3161 times)

fOrEvEr_sUn_76

Fresno Man on Trial For Father's Murder
« on: August 30, 2015, 09:57:42 PM »
Thursday, August 20, 2015

FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- What happened behind closed doors could determine whether a Fresno man goes to prison for killing his own father.

Foung Yang was armed with nothing more than a bag of apricots as his son blew him away. The elder Yang had just returned from a trip to the grocery store when his son shot him six times, then left him to die in the courtyard of the Clovis apartment complex. A neighbor we won't identify was the first to spot the victim.

"I kind of pushed him over a little bit or tapped him to see if he was ok and I asked him if he was ok and he moaned," the neighbor said.

Peter Yang admits this is no whodunit. He killed his father. But his attorney says it's more complicated than just what happened that night 14 months ago.

"This case is about drugs and violence, pain and privacy," said defense attorney Scott Baly. "It's about things that have happened behind closed doors."

The Yangs had a tense relationship. Foung didn't live in the apartment, but he used a sparsely furnished closet as a sort of opium den. And Peter's attorney says he knew his dad had abused family members. So when he told his father not to come back, and saw him just a little while later, the showdown was on.

"He realized it wasn't going to be nice and he had this bag and sure it had apricots in it, but he didn't know what his father was capable of," Baly said.

Prosecutors say Peter Yang clearly thought out the shooting. He got his legally registered gun, loaded it, and when his dad came back, there was no argument -- just gunfire. And he gave investigators no explanation.

"You may never know or be entirely satisfied at the end of this case of exactly why this defendant shot his dad," said Gabriel Brickey.

The trial should only take a couple days. Peter Yang is facing life in prison if he's convicted and he is expected to testify in his own defense.

To see the original article, go here:

http://abc30.com/950298/

« Last Edit: August 30, 2015, 10:00:53 PM by fOrEvEr_sUn_76 »

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
Re: Fresno Man on Trial For Father's Murder
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2015, 02:28:28 AM »
Thursday, August 20, 2015

FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- What happened behind closed doors could determine whether a Fresno man goes to prison for killing his own father.

Foung Yang was armed with nothing more than a bag of apricots as his son blew him away. The elder Yang had just returned from a trip to the grocery store when his son shot him six times, then left him to die in the courtyard of the Clovis apartment complex.

Not sure what their relationship was like but I've seen someone said that she would have no problems kicking her own mother to the curb despite coming from a "loving family" and her mother giving her the "world"...so I'm not surprised with this incident. So is it another case of an ungrateful kid?

Although I'm a Yang, we are not related to these Yang people so this is the first time I've heard about this incident. Sad to hear but thanks for sharing.

Lyn Song

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2015, 05:32:55 AM »
These people doesn't seem like a family, more like enemies. When family became enemies, this is the result. It's sad but in a family where everyone is an enemy, someone is likely going to be kill. Thaum tsev neeg rov qab ua yeeb ncuab rau lawv txhua tus ces yeej yuav muaj leej tw raug tua xwb. Cas yuav txaus ntshai ua luaj li os.

« Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 05:47:41 AM by Lyn Song »

Xeemxai

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2015, 11:34:24 AM »
Yawm moog tau zoo lawm, nom tub nyob nkuaj txom nyem.  Ib nub twg yeej yuav nrwb iv duas.  Sov yuav txaaj muag le caag le laus

Offline nightrider

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +48
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2015, 05:50:52 PM »
I say he is an ungrateful son. No matter how bad it is with a family member, killing them is the last thing anyone would do. When soft love fails, what's left are hard love, and that means kicking them out or what ever. If you love them and want them to change, it's best turn them to the authorities to take them to treatment/rehab centers.

Pwko_hauvkojlubSiab

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2015, 01:55:32 PM »
where is the moral of blood is thicker than water??? I told you so-that most of kids nowadays would not have moral thinking...and they would say whatever in their mind/curse onto their own father and mother who brought and raised them from little bloody-red to a grown up as a human-being.  most kids nowadays, they do not have a sense of understanding, or moral well-being as who their father/mother is. 

perhaps, that must be the very reason why the  white men only have one or two kids--and many of them do not want any kid.

« Last Edit: September 01, 2015, 02:00:19 PM by Pwko_hauvkojlubSiab »

Advertisements