Advertisement

Author Topic: MISSING: Vendor vanishes from Lakewood Farmer’s Market  (Read 26162 times)

Katastrophe

Re: MISSING: Vendor vanishes from Lakewood Farmer’s Market
« Reply #60 on: September 11, 2015, 10:04:34 PM »
I am pretty sure she ran off with her lover but discovered that the grass is not much greener on the other side. 

« Last Edit: September 11, 2015, 10:10:52 PM by Katastrophe »

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline VillainousHero

• Elite Poster
  • Villain or Hero
  • Respect: +398
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 11, 2015, 11:11:42 PM »
So how did she board the plane...??? Passport only?

The real villain is looking at you.  The last hero was just not true.  If everything works out in the end.  It's because all things make amends.

fOrEvEr_sUn_76

« Reply #62 on: September 11, 2015, 11:54:02 PM »

Yeah this story somehow doesn't make any sense, how did she came back to the country without a US passport? :icon_scratch: The earlier story says she didn't take jack nothing with her.

Offline autumnbreeze

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +51
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 14, 2015, 10:30:37 AM »
the full story isn't out yet. the families still don't know how she was able to fly to Thailand and back since no passport was mentioned in any of the articles. we don't know if she took her ID with her or not. the articles just said her purse, keys, and cell phone were left inside her van, but that doesn't necessary means her IDs were left also.

one thing for sure, is that she DID NOT left to meet a lover or ran off with a lover. NO cheating was involved nor NO lover was involved. a lot of hmong ppl assumed she was cheating and ran off with a lover or ran to Thailand to meet with a lover and discovered that the grass wasn't greener over there so she came back. these very same people are the ones who are bashing her all over FB and saying mean things. these are just speculations ONLY. hopefully the truth would come out once she is released home or the families are able to speak to her. But for now, people will continue with their assumptions.

Like this post: +1

realism

« Reply #64 on: September 14, 2015, 04:17:10 PM »
Thats hmong people for you  :), always talking even though they don't know

the full story isn't out yet. the families still don't know how she was able to fly to Thailand and back since no passport was mentioned in any of the articles. we don't know if she took her ID with her or not. the articles just said her purse, keys, and cell phone were left inside her van, but that doesn't necessary means her IDs were left also.

one thing for sure, is that she DID NOT left to meet a lover or ran off with a lover. NO cheating was involved nor NO lover was involved. a lot of hmong ppl assumed she was cheating and ran off with a lover or ran to Thailand to meet with a lover and discovered that the grass wasn't greener over there so she came back. these very same people are the ones who are bashing her all over FB and saying mean things. these are just speculations ONLY. hopefully the truth would come out once she is released home or the families are able to speak to her. But for now, people will continue with their assumptions.

mronline

« Reply #65 on: September 14, 2015, 04:53:05 PM »

Exactly. Story did not add up, in order to boarded a plane to Thailand, it required US passport and meaning that US Custom has be alerted. Either way, if she did board the plane, meaning those guys at the gate were not doing their job sufficiently and they should  include immediate managers  be terminated.

Offline autumnbreeze

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +51
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 14, 2015, 05:24:46 PM »

Exactly. Story did not add up, in order to boarded a plane to Thailand, it required US passport and meaning that US Custom has be alerted. Either way, if she did board the plane, meaning those guys at the gate were not doing their job sufficiently and they should  include immediate managers  be terminated.

last contact with families was around 4:30pm. her van wasn't discovered until around 8:30pm and wasn't reported as a missing person until much later that evening. from 4:30pm until 8:30pm, she could had already flew out and that's probably why security at the airport didn't discovered that she's a missing person.

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 15, 2015, 12:00:41 PM »
I don't know if she's a newcomer. But it's likely she is since she knows how to head back that way. lol

I don't like life in Laos or Thailand. I can live there for two or three months max, not even half a year. But I'll need to be back to Minnesota again forever.  Those who think it's peaceful there are missing the point: the people there are always backstabbing you and the government and law are not going to be on your side; they are always looking for troubles, partly to make you respect them and pay them. I'm not spending my retirement money there. It's not going to be a good retirement.

Makes me wonder if she is a newcomer?

Typically, newcomers are more labor workers and this seems to fit her profile.... lots of kids, marriage at a young age and farmer.

The reason why I pointed this out, is that most newcomers and even the older Hmongs tend to believe or have a view that life is better back in Laos or Thailand.

There is some truth to their thinking... yes, they might not have cars, nice houses, bank accounts and money. But they also don't have monthly payments, mortages, or stress. I can relate to her, I wish I have the guts to just pack up and get on a plane to Thailand or Laos.

"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

baddabing

« Reply #68 on: September 16, 2015, 12:59:33 PM »
I don't know if she's a newcomer. But it's likely she is since she knows how to head back that way. lol

I don't like life in Laos or Thailand. I can live there for two or three months max, not even half a year. But I'll need to be back to Minnesota again forever.  Those who think it's peaceful there are missing the point: the people there are always backstabbing you and the government and law are not going to be on your side; they are always looking for troubles, partly to make you respect them and pay them. I'm not spending my retirement money there. It's not going to be a good retirement.

Depends how to you live there, if you go live lavishly there among the poor then you are right it's not very safe.  Because you're exposing that you have money, even if the authority don't try to cheat you, the crooks will rob you eventually.

If you blend in and just try to live like a locals there, not showing you have money you should be ok.  It's common sense, you can't go and live like you're rich among the poor where everyone's house is made up of straws while your house is looking like a luxurious hotel.

Some people got this idea all wrong, they think they'll go there built a very nice house, have couple of nice cars in the drive way and live like they're rich over there.  If you want to live like you're rich, just stay here in the u.s and go live in a nice neighborhood.. ..why go to a poor third world country and behave like that over there.  You're just asking for trouble.

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 18, 2015, 03:58:52 PM »
You are right in that strategy. But in time someone is going to find you out. lol

Depends how to you live there, if you go live lavishly there among the poor then you are right it's not very safe.  Because you're exposing that you have money, even if the authority don't try to cheat you, the crooks will rob you eventually.

If you blend in and just try to live like a locals there, not showing you have money you should be ok.  It's common sense, you can't go and live like you're rich among the poor where everyone's house is made up of straws while your house is looking like a luxurious hotel.

Some people got this idea all wrong, they think they'll go there built a very nice house, have couple of nice cars in the drive way and live like they're rich over there.  If you want to live like you're rich, just stay here in the u.s and go live in a nice neighborhood.. ..why go to a poor third world country and behave like that over there.  You're just asking for trouble.

"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

baddabing

« Reply #70 on: September 20, 2015, 10:05:03 PM »
You are right in that strategy. But in time someone is going to find you out. lol

If you live close by or in Vientiane, you're safe, there's plenty of people there who have more money than you. 

Offline nightrider

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +48
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 05, 2015, 07:11:14 PM »
It's probably much easier to fly back then coming back in the US. Can't blame xenophobic Americans. Well, glad she's safe. Now she's going to have to pay for her actions both with the family and the law. People only stage these things for very specific reasons, wants becoming needs and this likely involve people.

Advertisements