Advertisement

Author Topic: Korean Skincare  (Read 7333 times)

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +200
    • View Profile
Korean Skincare
« on: September 28, 2015, 10:22:54 AM »
I know Korean people, especially the actresses, have such amazing skin.  They must be doing something right.  I've been looking into korean skincare products  thru here:

http://www.wishtrend.com/68-wish-box

I've order wishbox 17 for my daughter and she loves it.  I've been using the Honey mask and honey cream..so rich and makes my skin soft..and smooth.  I use the honey mask twice a week and honey cream daily either as a night moisturizer or day moisturizer. 

Have you used Korean products that you really like?

Has anyone use the IOPE Air Cushion like here:
http://www.iope.com/global/en/skincare_makeup/air_cushion_zone.html

I'm thinking about getting one..

Like this post: 0
But true love is a durable fire, In the mind ever burning, Never sick, never old, never dead, From itself never turning.<br />               --Sir Walter Raleigh

Adverstisement

Jiggles

Re: Korean Skincare
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2015, 04:22:07 AM »
Eh...nice skin but way too white. That's what I noticed about the asian girls overseas right now. Too white like a ghost and it doesn't look like natural skin. Maybe it's just their makeup or they are using too much skin lightening cream.

Offline tRouBLe

• Administrator
  • Welcome to PH! 😜
  • Respect: +1038
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2015, 09:15:07 AM »
I haven't tried it but it looks interesting.  Let us know how it goes if you should order it.  I have sensitive skin so I have to be careful what I use or put on it.

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. ~ John Wooden

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2016, 12:58:45 PM »
The honey mask and honey cream are good and yes will lighten your skin a little but that's ok..I could use a little lightening..  I'm out of the honey cream and haven't re-order.  The honey mask I use one or twice a week and makes my skin soft, that's the best quality.

I found a substitute for the honey cream..I'm currently using Lanoline Manuka Honey Skin Renewing Cream and it hydrates my skin, that's what I'm looking for.

http://www.amazon.com/Lanoline-Manuka-Honey-Renew-Firming/dp/B00HZQ0GSI

But true love is a durable fire, In the mind ever burning, Never sick, never old, never dead, From itself never turning.<br />               --Sir Walter Raleigh

Phab Ej Dao Vue

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2016, 05:22:03 PM »
Have you tried the 20 Step Korean Regimen? Really?! 20 different products on your face cannot be good.

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2016, 10:34:23 AM »
Have you tried the 20 Step Korean Regimen? Really?! 20 different products on your face cannot be good.
That's too much.... but I did learn something from the korean skin care, adding cleansing oil to my skin care regiment, not every night but twice a week. 

Here's a link to korean skin care step and their holy grail products

http://www.elle.com/beauty/makeup-skin-care/tips/g8901/korean-beauty-skincare-routine-10-steps/?slide=12

zena

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2016, 08:50:40 PM »
I tried a sample of the Belif True Aqua Bomb from Sephora and really like it.  It moisturizes like nothing else.  I still have a little bit left but when I'm completely empty I think I'll get a full size.

Phab Ej Dao Vue

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2016, 02:18:39 PM »
That's too much.... but I did learn something from the korean skin care, adding cleansing oil to my skin care regiment, not every night but twice a week. 

Here's a link to korean skin care step and their holy grail products

http://www.elle.com/beauty/makeup-skin-care/tips/g8901/korean-beauty-skincare-routine-10-steps/?slide=12

I've tried the oil cleanser and my skin didn't like it. It broke me out. My personal fav holy grail product is Thayer's unscented witch hazel toner and acne.org's 2.5% benzoyl peroxide.. for my acne prone skin.

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2016, 08:34:38 AM »
I've tried the oil cleanser and my skin didn't like it. It broke me out. My personal fav holy grail product is Thayer's unscented witch hazel toner and acne.org's 2.5% benzoyl peroxide.. for my acne prone skin.
  I haven't try the korean version of their oil cleanser but I do use grapeseed oil as cleanser once per week and I wipe it off w/ a wash cloth in warm water.   Result:  smooth, soft complexion.

zena

« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2016, 10:47:22 AM »

I thought it was a 10 step regimen?

1. Oil cleanser
2. Foaming cleanser
3. Exfoliate
4. Tone
5. Essence
6. Serum
7. Mask
8. Eye Cream
9. Moisturize
10. Sunscreen

While I was doing some research on anti-aging products and Korean makeup (because I found the Western style makeup too thick and too drag-queen-makeup-like and it's just not my thing at my age) about a couple of months ago I stumbled upon the Korean skincare routine and found it fascinating.  I have been slowly starting the regimen introducing a few things at a time so that my sensitive skin doesn't get irritated.  Here's my current routine incorporating the Korean regimen.

Night routine:

1. Oil cleanser.  I have been doing this for a long time first starting with DHC Cleansing Oil then switched to DHC Mild Touch Cleansing Oil because I loved the scent.  Then switched to Boscia's Cleansing Oil which I liked but it was too costly so I tried the Burt's Bee's one for $15 and it works well.

2. Cleanser.  Currently using CeraVe.  Don't like the scent but it's so gentle on my skin that I really don't want to switch to anything else.  This one is very important to me since I've had bad experiences with other cleansers.  They either leave my face greasy or strip away my skin and cause it to irritate and get pimply.

3. Cleansing Water.  I use Dr. Jart+ Dermaclear Micro Water to remove additional makeup that the oil cleanser and CerVe cleanser might have missed.  I use it as a toner really.  It contains Galactomyces which smooths and improves the skin's texture. It is also the main ingredient in the popular SK-II essence (SK-II calls it pitera) and some other Korean essence.

4. Essence.  I currently use Estee Lauder's Micro Essence Skin activating Treatment Lotion.  It's okay but I have my eyes on these essence to try next: Tony Moly, Missha, IOPE, and COSRX.  I've been doing a tone of research on these and I might start with the Tony Moly just because it is the least expensive and easiest to purchase.  They all contain Galactomyces which is like a holy grail in the Korean world.  The Estee Lauder does not contain it but it does moisturize my face and I'm sure does some other great stuff to it.

5. Serum. I'm currently using the Estee Lauder's Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Recovery Complex II. I love this stuff!  It's made my face so soft and silky and has reduced my wrinkles.

6. Mask.  I've tried 2 so far and one under eye mask and really enjoyed them.  I didn't see any changes because it was my first time but I'm hoping to do more.

7. Eye Cream.  I was using SK-II Essential Power Eye Cream but it cost $125 so after I finished it I tried the Boot's No. 7 Protect & Perfect Protection Intense Eye Cream and it works pretty well so I'll probably stick to it. I also get 25% off of all Boot's products so that's a plus.

8. Moisturize. I'm currently using the Boot's No. 7 Protect & Perfect Protection Intense Night Cream.  Before, I was using the SK-II eye cream as my night face moisturizer too.

9. I finish my routine with the Origin's 10 Minute Mask as a spot treatment on any acne I might have and leave it on overnight and the acne clears up by morning.  If I don't have any acne then I skip this.

Morning routine:

1. Water cleanser. Wipe face with Dr. Jart+ Dermaclear Micro Water first thing in the morning after brushing my teeth.  Make breakfast for the kids (when they want breakfast), take them to school, drink tea or coffee, and work out (once or twice a week).  If I go straight to the shower or straight to getting ready before doing other stuff then I skip this step.

2. Cleanse with CeraVe.

3. Exfoliate.  I only do this once a week and I use the one by Aveeno, although I am in search of a different one.  I got the Aveeno during my couponing days about two years ago so I'm trying to use them up before trying something new.

4. Essence.  Same one as above.

5. Eye Cream.  Same one as above.

6. Moisturize.  I'm currently using a small jar of Estee Lauder's Revitalizing Supreme Anti-Aging Creme. I love it but I don't know if I really want to plunk down $75 for it.  It works awesome and soaks right into my skin without being oily.  I did mention that I was using a sample of Bellif's Aqua Bomb and loved it so I might just get that although I truly love the way the Estee Lauder's glides on and sinks quickly into my skin and I love the scent too!  This is a hard decision.

7. Sunscreen.  I was using the Essential C Day Moisture Broad Spectrum SPF 30 PA+++ but since I started using the LANEIGE BB Cushion with SPF 50+ as my sunscreen and foundation, I stopped using the Murad.  I love the BB cushion by LANEIGE.  I've used BB creams in the past and they broke me out and were either too shiny or too white looking but the LANEIGE is perfect.  Actually, it's perfect when I prime with the Boot's No. 7 Beautifully Matte Makeup Base.  Without the Makeup Base I get oily in the afternoon.  I like the color selection LANEIGE offers.  Most Korean brands are on the lighter side but LANEIGE (a Korean brand as well) has a couple of colors on the darker side.  I'm using medium and it blends perfectly with my skin color.  I was truly amazed. Side note: I actually will be trying the medium light next because the medium is a little on the darker side on me. 

8. Mist.  After I put on my makeup I spritz the Shiseido Ibuki Quick Fix Mist all over my face.  It feels so refreshing and smells clean.  I touch up with the mist through out the day if I get a chance.

I have to tell you, since I started this routing about a month ago, my skin has been glowing.  It's so soft and plump.  My wrinkles are less noticeable and my makeup goes on smooth.  No flakes anymore!  Just the other day I asked my daughter if she could see my foundation (I've been asking her this at least a couple of times a week since a couple of months ago when I started testing foundations again) and she screamed, "OMG, MOM!  I love your skin!  I want it!  It's so smooth.  I can't tell you even have anything on."  My response with big eyes and a big smile, "Really?  Cool!"

btw, I used to always have like blackheads/whiteheads but my pores are mostly clear of them now.  I may sometimes have a little around my nose but it's not like it used to be.

« Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 01:02:01 PM by moonangel »

Phab Ej Dao Vue

« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2016, 11:45:31 AM »
I thought it was a 10 step regimen?

There's variations of it but yes the 20 step regimen is real. After experimenting with it, getting breakouts and feeling too greasy, I simplified it to my favorite products that work for me, and now it's only 3 to 4 steps depending on what my skin is lacking that day. Truthfully though, I am too lazy to keep up and skip a lot of days.

I'm actually a dude so it took me awhile to start caring for my face, because of fear of judgment and that stigma. But now I don't give a fux what people think, because I've noticed a huge improvement in my skin and I get far less breakouts now.

Shoulda seen me in high school damn I looked like Freddy Krueger.   ;D

zena

« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2016, 04:07:27 PM »
I've never heard of 20 but I could believe it exists.

I'm with you there, I can't do too many steps.  Trying out the 10 steps I listed above worked for awhile but my skin is super sensitive so it started acting out.  Now I'm back to using Neutrogena makeup wipes at night and doing one wash in the morning with a moisturizer and sunscreen and the foundation and the rest of my simple makeup.

It's good you take care of your skin.  O0

zena

« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2016, 11:06:06 AM »
I'm almost out of this stuff.  I loved it but I think I'm going to give the Neogen one a try.

Offline Fancee

• Global Moderator
  • Shine bright like a diamond
  • Respect: +340
    • View Profile
    • First Financial Security Senior Associate
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2016, 03:31:48 PM »
I get overwhelmed when there's too many products to use on my face.
I'm simple and I just like a cleanser and a moisturizer.
I'm good to go.

Life insurance with living benefits.
Life insurance with a savings plan.
http://clients.firsfinancialsecurity.com/WF1700

zena

« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2017, 01:37:12 PM »
Last month I bought the Beauty Water by Son & Park.  It's okay.  I prefer the Mild Lotion by DHC.

When it arrived the water was frozen.  You can see it better in the 2nd photo.

Advertisements