Advertisement

Author Topic: Share your ideas on how the Hmong can grow business together  (Read 15972 times)

r3b1rth

Re: Share your ideas on how the Hmong can grow business together
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2016, 01:48:38 AM »
I have a business and I'm Hmong. My customers aren't though and I have no issue with that. A portion of it is international and I've done business in Canada, Russia, and a few other European nations.

Why the obsession over doing business with only Hmong or only with people who look like you? I find that to be very limiting both in personal growth and also pertaining to revenue since the population overall is quite small.

Let the product or service speak for itself, regardless of race. When something is damn good, people will buy it again and again. It's nothing personal; it's just business.

You all can't even get along on PH. Get outta here about doing business together! lol =)

Lol, pebhmong is not a business forum. Just a way to connect and make interesting conversation about random stuff with other Hmong people.

And while I agree with you 'out', I think the important question is "why are the Hmong as a whole limited in our success compared to the other Asian groups?"

We as a whole are rising up very slowly... slowly. Sometimes I want a pedicure from a Hmong shop but no one wants to touch my toes. So I go to the Vietnamese one :).

Joking aside, you are one of the few successful ones and I commend you for that. I believe that when you have success and can teach others to be successful then life is more fulfilling and you're also making the world wealthier. But that's just me. No one needs to share what they did or how they did it to anyone unless they want to.

Hmong people like to think if they've got something good, they want to keep it to themselves. But the truth is, it's nothing amazing really. Anyone can do it with the right kind of mindset and training.

Also I don't think it's about just marketing to Hmong people. We all know that all customers (regardless of race, gender, creed) equals $$$.

IMHO the majority of Hmong are just slow to get on board. More and more people will be business saavy in the future. I've seen a lot of Hmong businesses come and go. Most aren't good at growing themselves or analyzing the market. I've seen families get swallowed up by false promises. Really sad.

It's kind of neat to analyze it though. Maybe I should open up a consulting firm. Keke.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

r3b1rth

« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2016, 07:53:40 AM »
True. That and food/restaurants. Those seems to be the only thing going oh and I forgot to mention, night clubs.

Honestly, the reason for them doing those things are because they are the older generation and I think they lack education as to what they really want to do (how to expand) OR they think they can be successful by copying other businesses.

I think they are trying their best. These people put up their credit on the line. No need to hate on them. It would be nice to see more successful Hmong people. It would be nice to see Hmong helping Hmong too.

CARLOS

« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2016, 11:32:03 AM »
Man/Woman have idea
Man/Woman take life savings + borrow money from relatives
Man very motivated, work hard + long hours
Man start to become succesful
Man walk with nose high in air, so high that can't see normal people anymore
Man sees wife old, not liking very much
Man sees young girl(s), liking very much
Young girl(s) see $, liking man very much
Man cheat on wife
Man spends all $ from business on girl(s)
Wife angry
Wife sabotage business
Wife divorce, take house and kids
Man no more $
No $ no honey
No more girl(s)
No more wife, kids, house, business
Only thing left is alimony and child support
Man shoot wife, himself

The typical cycle of a hmong business owner.

r3b1rth

« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2016, 06:36:22 AM »
That's so extra lol. Like watching a bad skit on youtube.

Gen. Invincible

« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2016, 06:47:39 AM »
Man/Woman have idea
Man/Woman take life savings + borrow money from relatives
Man very motivated, work hard + long hours
Man start to become succesful
Man walk with nose high in air, so high that can't see normal people anymore
Man sees wife old, not liking very much
Man sees young girl(s), liking very much
Young girl(s) see $, liking man very much
Man cheat on wife
Man spends all $ from business on girl(s)
Wife angry
Wife sabotage business
Wife divorce, take house and kids
Man no more $
No $ no honey
No more girl(s)
No more wife, kids, house, business
Only thing left is alimony and child support
Man shoot wife, himself

The typical cycle of a hmong business owner.

The reason is because we do not have accesw to working capital. And women are jealous creatures.

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +454
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2016, 12:00:45 AM »
I have a business and I'm Hmong. My customers aren't though and I have no issue with that. A portion of it is international and I've done business in Canada, Russia, and a few other European nations.

Why the obsession over doing business with only Hmong or only with people who look like you? I find that to be very limiting both in personal growth and also pertaining to revenue since the population overall is quite small.

Let the product or service speak for itself, regardless of race. When something is damn good, people will buy it again and again. It's nothing personal; it's just business.

You all can't even get along on PH. Get outta here about doing business together! lol =)

That's not the point of this thread. I am not talking about operating businesses with a largely Hmong consumer-base or limiting business transactions with other Hmong business owners. 

Offline nightrider

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +48
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2016, 11:22:44 PM »
Sorry to say but if most of you are here in the twin cities, you would have flocked over to Shuang Hur or Double Dragon or anyother market other than a Hmong business.lol We have engineers, but they can't even built their own chairs or let alone assemble the desk they'd just purchased. So keep on dreaming... Got a long way too go.

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2016, 11:01:06 PM »
As education becomes more accessible to the mass, job opportunities will become more competitive.

Don't plan on getting hired, at least not right away or even for awhile.

It seems to me that many Hmong who go to college are hoping to get hired by somebody else. So what happens when a company makes a business decision to hire the Indian guy on an HB1 visa over you? You'll be one highly educated graduate with a huge student loan debt and no high-paying job to make ends meet.

Offline w1s3m0n

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +77
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2018, 07:34:32 PM »
Hmong can grow business by partnering with other people who have wider connection.  Hmong within Hmong businesses have a very small market.

Phab Ej Dao Vue

« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2018, 02:22:39 AM »
That's not the point of this thread. I am not talking about operating businesses with a largely Hmong consumer-base or limiting business transactions with other Hmong business owners.

What the fukc. Yes you are.

Okay I went off tangeant with the #lifestory. That's not the point.

But you ARE INDEED talking about operating business with largely Hmong base and limiting it to HMONG! Errthang about this thread reaks of Hmong.

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2018, 09:47:51 PM »
What the fukc. Yes you are.

Okay I went off tangeant with the #lifestory. That's not the point.

But you ARE INDEED talking about operating business with largely Hmong base and limiting it to HMONG! Errthang about this thread reaks of Hmong.

No, the duck I am not. I am talking about group economics. I am not talking about how each Hmong individual can go make it in mainstream. Many of us are already doing that.

Offline dogmai

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +87
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2018, 05:28:16 AM »
A lot of these posts only deal with an individual business.

I think one of the biggest problem is the lack of hmong businesses networking with each other.  And before anybody even says anything,  I'm not suggesting networking solely just with hmong people.  Example, if you own a taxi company and there's a hmong person who owns a mechanic shop and you know they are reliable,  give that person some business. Send your cars that needs to be fixed to that shop. This is what I think can help out the hmong business community. Circulate money back into the community.

« Last Edit: August 25, 2018, 05:33:10 AM by dogmai »

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2018, 10:21:35 PM »
^^^

Keep the dollar circulating in the community before it goes outside. In other words, the Hmong need to be self-sustaining. The more we can keep the dollar in our communities, the wealthier we become. The wealthier we become the more influence we'll have not only in politics, but education, business, and other fields.

Advertisements