Advertisement

Author Topic: St. Thomas student robbed at gunpoint on Grand Avenue  (Read 806 times)

Offline fOrEvEr_sUn_76

• PH Regular
  • I'm a time waster, wasting everyday of your life.
  • Respect: +31
    • View Profile
St. Thomas student robbed at gunpoint on Grand Avenue
« on: October 08, 2015, 08:41:48 PM »
The University of St. Thomas has alerted the community that a student was robbed at gunpoint near campus Wednesday night.

Police were sent to the robbery on Grand Avenue at Finn Street at 11:55 p.m. A 19-year-old had been walking west on Grand when a male approached her from Finn Street, said Steve Linders, a St. Paul police spokesman. He was holding a small handgun and walked directly toward her, he said.

"Don't reach in your purse," the male said, according to police. "How much money do you have?"

The woman handed the suspect her belongings and he ran away, heading south on Finn, Linders said. He stole her phone and purse, the university said in a public safety alert Thursday.

St. Thomas students, faculty and staff can register their cellphone numbers to get emergency alerts from the university, and St. Thomas' public safety department issued one about the robbery about 12:20 a.m. Thursday. It advised people, "Stay away from area and seek shelter inside." The university also posted the alert on Facebook and Twitter.

The suspect is described as a black male, about 6 feet tall, has hair black and with twists, no facial hair, and wearing a black or gray sweatshirt.

Luckily no one was injured or harm in all of this. If you live near or around that area, be on the look out.

For the original article: go here:

http://www.twincities.com/crime/ci_28940708/st-thomas-student-robbed-at-gunpoint-st-paul?utm_campaign=Echobox&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook

Like this post: 0
Feel my heat and walk into the light. I am forever shining brightly.

Adverstisement

Advertisements