Advertisement

Author Topic: Took the s2k for an oil change...  (Read 1047 times)

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +299
    • View Profile
Took the s2k for an oil change...
« on: November 27, 2015, 04:29:30 PM »
Well I don't have my garage anymore...  Anyways...

It's been 6k miles since the last oil change...

The tech comes over to me and say "do you really want your oil changed?  It still looks good."  I looked at it and he was right, there was no drop in oil level and the oil looked just slightly darker than if it had just come out of an oil quart. 

Wow, I was kinda impressed.  I haven't drove the car hard at all but it did go on a few thousand mile trips.   Looked like the car could've gone another 3k miles button hat would've been 9k miles and I didn't want to risk it. 

I just told them to change it anyways.

Oil in use is Mobil 1 full synthetic.

Now the differential and tranny I will have to change dry soon, once I find a garage I'm going to put amsoil tranny fluid and redline shock something differential fluid in and try those out.

Like this post: 0
I went through all 15k posts and those 2 quotes I found were the only ones so I guess that would make it "everytime".  Feel free to go through all 15k posts and verify by quoting them all.  You need to quote them all to verifying prove "everytime".   Please verify that Im wrong.

Adverstisement

Offline SummerBerry

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +203
    • View Profile
Re: Took the s2k for an oil change...
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2015, 12:20:52 AM »
3k is recommended but I do oil change at 6-8k.  Unless I know I will be doing a road trip shortly then 4-5k along with tire rotation. 

Sifu

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2015, 09:24:20 AM »
I sold my 97 Accord (2 door) to a co-worker for $1,500 and the dude will not shut up about what kind of oil I used.  Uhm...  Motor oil?  I didn't use vegetable or peanut oil.  Dude goes on about how important oil is to a car engine.  Ok.  Castrol high mileage was used when I bought the car and did an oil change.  All oil changes after that were done at the dealership (gave him all the receipts).  Dude kept going about the weight and viscosity.  Really man?  The receipt tells you the oil used and how much.

Then he kept telling me what I should have used and how I should do my own oil changes.  Dude!  There are over 7 cars in the garage or driveway!  Where the hell do you put all that oil?  Dude, you only have maybe 2 cars.  People at the oil drop off think I'm running a shop. 

So yeah change your oil even if it still looks good.

Offline Boost

• Jr. Poster
  • "Year Of The Dragon"
  • Respect: +19
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2015, 08:12:12 PM »
I change my underwear even though it still looks good.

GR Supra - Armaspeed, AWE, Function Werk, Forge, JB4..
S2000 - AP1 w/AP2 Swap, GT35, Haltech, AEM, Tial, T1R..
RX400h - Hybrid
Grand Highlander - Turbo

Advertisements