Advertisement

Author Topic: How were you like in high school?  (Read 8115 times)

Hamster_Hero

How were you like in high school?
« on: October 30, 2015, 05:27:08 PM »
So, how were you like in high school?  Were you a loner?  A stoner?  Perhaps a football jock (yeah right, Hmong football jock? Bahahaha)?  Part of a goth group that dislikes everyone including themselves?

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Sleipnir

Re: How were you like in high school?
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2015, 09:38:11 AM »
I was the smart kid in the class.  Not necessarily a nerd, but more preppy.

Hamster_Hero

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2015, 03:44:59 PM »
The school I went to didn't have many Hmong people at all, only a handful, so I often wonder how it's like going to school with a bunch of Hmong's (probably dramas and headaches), hahahaha.

I would say I'm a floater but mostly hung out with some troublemakers. ....... ditching classes, smoking cigarette & weed in the bathroom and the bleachers, drinking vodka during lunchtime in a plastic water bottles, etc.  I was looking back through the yearbook and didn't realize then that soo many chicks liked me though.  Yeah, your's truly was a bit of a pimp too.   8)  ;D

zena

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2015, 12:37:47 AM »
It's been 20 years ago for me but I was a loner and a nerd.  I was also one of 2 Hmong people.  I think we were the only Hmong there for awhile.

Now looking back, I'm actually glad to have been a loner.  I tend to cherish my alone times these days.  I get more done when I'm alone.  When I'm with people I talk too much, not gossip or things like that, just stuff like technology, my kids, education, world news, etc.

Giggles_Shyly

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2015, 11:04:04 AM »
I was a total geek, the whole package actually. Only thing I was missing was the braces :P
Joined all the committees and clubs, helped out at school functions regardless of what it was,
really into school if you didn't catch on yet. School was everything to me then LOL

Always had my head buried in a book reading. I didn't care for my looks then because make-up and fashion was not my thing. Pictures of the past only makes me burst out laughing. Overall, great times
and wonderful people who made me as I am today :) character wise.

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +200
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2016, 01:27:54 PM »
I was the shy, npaub nauj, good girl, and ambitious type (big dream/goals in life).

But true love is a durable fire, In the mind ever burning, Never sick, never old, never dead, From itself never turning.<br />               --Sir Walter Raleigh

Offline tRouBLe

• Administrator
  • Welcome to PH! 😜
  • Respect: +1038
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2016, 01:52:08 PM »
I was preppy and academically inclined.   ;D

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. ~ John Wooden

Offline azn-guy

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +72
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2016, 06:44:10 PM »
i didnt get invited to my own high school reunion thats how unpopular i was  :'(

Offline lexicon

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +225
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2016, 10:08:16 AM »
Awkward Freshmen.
Broke out of my shell my Sophomore year.
Ventured out and experienced a few firsts my Junior year.
Slept through my Senior year.

Limited social skills. AP courses. Friends in too many circles and cliques (a few clashes between them from time to time). Lacked self confidence. Definitely a chameleon. Regret not keeping in touch.

DreamWalker

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2016, 03:07:23 PM »
Extremely shy. Loner. Always sit in the back of the class. My teacher thought I was a mute. I didn't break out of my shyness until Senior year.  :-\

Offline techy

• PH Newbie
  • Respect: +1
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2019, 06:12:09 PM »
Typical nerd. Hung out with our small Hmong crowd/club when I could.  I did all the AP and IB classes and competed in academic competitions. Read a bunch because I couldn't socialize much outside of the cultural weekend activities.  Life was simple when you didn't know much. We were barely freshmen then...

Advertisements