Advertisement

Author Topic: Enthusiast? or No?  (Read 1435 times)

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +299
    • View Profile
Enthusiast? or No?
« on: September 05, 2015, 01:08:19 PM »

Like this post: 0
I went through all 15k posts and those 2 quotes I found were the only ones so I guess that would make it "everytime".  Feel free to go through all 15k posts and verify by quoting them all.  You need to quote them all to verifying prove "everytime".   Please verify that Im wrong.

Adverstisement

Hitokiri

Re: Enthusiast? or No?
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2015, 10:12:45 PM »
See...this is exactly what Honda fans should be doing. Restoring legends like these cars back to original form. Instead what today's tuners are doing are using them for what they are and throwing them away because they've become less then desirable looking. Ticks me off so bad. Most Hmong tuners thing I'm over exaggerating or being too serious. It just saddens me that today's car guys do not understand the love of cars like our brothers and sisters did in the 60's and 70's.

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2015, 12:59:43 AM »
Depends on him...

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +299
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2015, 02:10:57 AM »
I don't know how legendary these cars are... but...

I was watching this... and I was thinking to myself... what are the muscle folks thinking when they see folks restoring these little cars?

The muscle cars.. well to restore them... they are after all muscle cars...

These little ecno cars... well... 

at the end of the day... I don't think the general public will turn a second look when a nice pristine     civic si rolls around...

But a pristine muscle car... they will turn a second look, they will be admired...

I like this little civic si... and I like what he's done to it. 

I too am in the process of ... well I won't say restoring, because it's not really restoring.  More like a nice clean stock look.

I like cars that are not overdone.

Not a big fan of crazy color schemes... I like stock color's... not a big fan of mismatched colors... especially engine bays.

Not a big fan of "racing" seats... I like stock seats...  so obviously I like what he did to it.

I'm a fan of a stock radio, I'm glad he kept his stock radio. 

Even though he "upgraded" his vehicle... the majority if not all of them are oem Honda parts...that's what I like to have with my teggie too.

In my opinion... this guy is an enthusiast.

I dont' like it when folks go overboard with their cars. 

I went through all 15k posts and those 2 quotes I found were the only ones so I guess that would make it "everytime".  Feel free to go through all 15k posts and verify by quoting them all.  You need to quote them all to verifying prove "everytime".   Please verify that Im wrong.

michaelvang85

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2015, 03:16:48 AM »
See...this is exactly what Honda fans should be doing. Restoring legends like these cars back to original form. Instead what today's tuners are doing are using them for what they are and throwing them away because they've become less then desirable looking. Ticks me off so bad. Most Hmong tuners thing I'm over exaggerating or being too serious. It just saddens me that today's car guys do not understand the love of cars like our brothers and sisters did in the 60's and 70's.

What has really ruined the car scene for most car guys, is social media outlets like instagram. People modding cars just for the sake of likes and thumbs up. But they have to dump their cars for new ones after they've done total hackjobs to stay "popular". People don't appreciate their own cars anymore.

Sifu

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2015, 10:52:55 AM »
Why tuner shops love the tuning crowd?  Easy money with little work.  Why wont they do restorations?  It's not the money but the work; they'd rather not do it.  It doesn't help when owners are dropping money on beaters instead of restoring them. 

Sleipnir

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2015, 01:40:35 PM »
To each their own...  If he's passionate enough to restore it and take it out for a joy ride to remember the good old days with his first car...  Then I think he is...  Not ever car enthusiast needs to own an 800 hp monster.

I have a big dream right now to restore an older honda, specifically the N600.  I fell in love with it the moment I saw one and need one to cruise around town with.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWW6EMR-XQI

Advertisements