Advertisement

Author Topic: Man Cave - Theater Room Renovation  (Read 17202 times)

km1

Re: Man Cave - Theater Room Renovation
« Reply #30 on: December 23, 2015, 03:01:54 PM »
Great job there. I was wondering what kind of equipment you currently have? Did you installed bass traps behind those walls or just standard drywall?

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline Ron Burgundy

• Sr. Poster
  • Handsome Man's Club Applicant
  • Respect: +161
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 24, 2015, 02:52:30 PM »
i put a small 8" yamaha sub under the white outlet by the window in the second pic. it's connected to wireless receiver/sender. i'm not a sound guy so still trying to calibrate the speakers/sub.

there are 2 ways to control the volume of the sub. the sub has its own volume control in the back. the av receiver has sub volume control in the menu. do i turn the menu volume to max and then adjust the volume manually on the back of the sub, or do i set the sub volume in the back to max, and then control the volume from menu? make any sense? :)

The sub has an actual volume or gain knob?:dontknow:  Either way, I'd turn the sub knob 1/4 - 1/2 up with the receiver setting at zero and then increase the receiver boost to your liking.  That way there's room to increase output directly at the sub when Dre Day comes on.  O0 ;D

For my 5.1, I like my center close to fully maxed out since that's the most important channel when the surround is on.  I'll increase the fronts a little and more boost for the surrounds as I want a really nice surround effect.

Offline slude

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +86
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 04, 2016, 10:45:33 AM »
Great job there. I was wondering what kind of equipment you currently have? Did you installed bass traps behind those walls or just standard drywall?

just some beginner's equipment; yamaha rec, 8" yamaha sub, polk 5.1 speakers. no i didn't put any insulation in the wall.

Offline slude

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 04, 2016, 11:09:04 AM »
The sub has an actual volume or gain knob?:dontknow:  Either way, I'd turn the sub knob 1/4 - 1/2 up with the receiver setting at zero and then increase the receiver boost to your liking.  That way there's room to increase output directly at the sub when Dre Day comes on.  O0 ;D

For my 5.1, I like my center close to fully maxed out since that's the most important channel when the surround is on.  I'll increase the fronts a little and more boost for the surrounds as I want a really nice surround effect.

sub has volume control. i set the sub control to high and receiver to low.

Offline slude

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 04, 2016, 11:15:33 AM »
damn that's awesome..

How much did you spend?

have about 50+ receipts from home depot/menards, and various online stores, total close to $5k. i spent most on equipment and gadgets. the building materials cost around $1k that's b/c i chose to do trims and 3 diff colors. the optic fiber star ceiling is $280 not including the panels and led strip light.

Advertisements