Advertisement

Author Topic: AkitaBox - online facility maintenance database  (Read 2459 times)

Offline slude

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +86
    • View Profile
AkitaBox - online facility maintenance database
« on: November 12, 2015, 08:17:19 AM »
this is a video of our venture with AkitaBox, an online facility management software. as we move into the digital age, a lot of assets, floor plans and info are lost and stored away making it difficult for owners/facility maintenance of buildings to track their assets. AkitaBox is a tool for facility owners and maintenance to access, track information to reduce repair/update cost of their assets during the lifespan of their building operation.

check out our opening day presentation:

https://vimeo.com/145011772

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline slude

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
Re: AkitaBox - online facility maintenance database
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2016, 10:40:55 AM »
gotta test and start somewhere.

what do you need/want it to do? suggestions?

Offline Risingstars

• PH Regular
  • Respect: +26
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2016, 09:25:43 PM »
So can someone explain how this could work with a call center that represents multiple clients?

"Noj zaub yuav rau roj, ua neeg nyob yuav tsum ua siab loj"

Offline slude

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2016, 10:09:28 AM »
So can someone explain how this could work with a call center that represents multiple clients?

a few intro videos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAQvsUc49es
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JktPecNhCSg

basically akitabox stores building equipment information and floor plans; mechanical room, chillers, boilers, electrical panels, mechanical pumps, water line pipes, etc. required to make a building/office functional. akitabox documents maintenance tasks, manufacturer, model or any relevant info. qr codes can be assign to any piece of equipment for easy access to lookup info making the repair maintenance workflow easy for building owners to manage and repair companies reducing time, labor and cost.

what kind of call center you work for?

if you manage building/facility maintenance information, we can help you!

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +299
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2016, 06:15:23 PM »
I don't really see a problem with it!

But I do see some problems with it!  On the customer's side!

It looks like this is a giant organization tool for "messy" folks!

I think!  People would be more susceptible to try it out if you had a rep come over and then do alllllllllllll llllll the work!  as in, scanning all the materials in, linking all the information to the units, be the one's who are responsible for the updates, be the one's responsible for if a new equipment arrives or if an old one is thrown away, etc etc etc etc....

Basically I think people will want to try it out more if it was a program where they didn't have to do much on their end.

I don't know if the program address all of those... but yeah...

Obviously if their boss tells them they gotta use the program then reguardless, you guys win!  Now if it's up to the facility manager... well....and he/she gotta do all of that I think they'll pass. 

Who know's?!!?  But I'm simply looking at it from a human nature kind of viewpoint.  If a company has a good facilities manager already, they won't need this, or even if it is implemented, they will be able to keep it updated, now if they have a messy building manager, well... doesn't matter what tools you give them... they'll always be messy, it wont help their productivity. 

But at the end of the day, only person you need to convince is the big boss!

I only watched a little of the presentation but if you did it like this, where you're like "we'll come out to your site, put all your information into the system, figure out all the due dates, find the links to maintanence and have it linked for you, etc etc etc and all you have to do is go to the site, find your building, click on it, a list of what's due will pop up, you click on it, it'll have links for you on how to upkeep it, etc etc etc... "  well then you just about sold it if you did it like that!

Becuase human nature, nobody want's to be handed something to help make things easier for them, yet they still have to put in as much work as they did before.. it defeats the purpose...

Now if you hand them something that really does take alot of the work away from them and make it easy for them... well now... lets admit it, everyone's lazy... and will jump at that chance!

I went through all 15k posts and those 2 quotes I found were the only ones so I guess that would make it "everytime".  Feel free to go through all 15k posts and verify by quoting them all.  You need to quote them all to verifying prove "everytime".   Please verify that Im wrong.

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2016, 06:18:25 PM »
You know what will get you more looks... if you have already partnered up with big companies... like I saw one in the presenation, Trane.   

For example if you already have Trane, GE, etc etc backing you up on the stuff! Well it'll make it easier!  Make all those things easily accessible and linked already in your site... well you guys know what I'm talking about! 

I went through all 15k posts and those 2 quotes I found were the only ones so I guess that would make it "everytime".  Feel free to go through all 15k posts and verify by quoting them all.  You need to quote them all to verifying prove "everytime".   Please verify that Im wrong.

Offline slude

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2016, 08:55:08 AM »
thanks for the honest opinion. we are working with a company called "gener8tor" who has introduced us to many potential big name clients. right now we're trying to get consumers/owners interests in our product.

we have diff enterprise packages for our target audience; single-home owner, building manager, and building owner, and we send a rep to walk thru the process along with options for them to do their own data loading or have us manage everything.

we have a free trial for single-home owner on our website http://home.akitabox.com/

try it out even if you don't own a property. use it to manage anything applicable.

Offline slude

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2016, 03:23:18 PM »
here's a screenshot of a floor plan, recovered from an old blueprints from the 60s.  we located and pinned every equipment and provided the owner a list of assets they can monitor. asset info such as make, model, warranty, maintenance schedule are embedded in akitabox. schedule notifications for repairs can be sent to the owner. owners can access their project from anywhere, or using our app. qr codes can be embedded on every equipment for easy lookup on the field.

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2016, 09:36:08 PM »
When you say embedded, you're saying you guys did the work right?  As in, they don't have to lift a finger to as far as inputting information in that they will later need to reference to right?

I have to disclaim that I'm don't have a business etc etc etc and not looking to get this or anything, I'm just here killing time as I study!

But I you can just look at me from a customer standpoint, and my viewpoint is from the lazy customer viewpoint.

Also a few more ideas if if you can get those big companies involved you can have them push your software for you.  Like when they go install the products they can hand out your pamphlets!  Obviously you'd have to work out some sorta agreement to pitch to those big companies but I would do it like... hey if you guys push these!  You'll get more business!  Becuase what you can provide them is maintanence work!  You serve basically as the reminder people for the customer's and then you can set up appointments or work with their appointment folks and get "work" for them!  Obviously you need to get your cut too!

I don't know if you've already considered that...but if you think like if you make it a product someone else helps push for you, some customer may see it like it's part of that product's company and they may feel more obliged unconsiously to take your software to manage that company's product.

Some stuff to think about!

Advertisements