Advertisement

Author Topic: I want a bike for riding in the country  (Read 7050 times)

Offline duckwingduck

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +172
    • View Profile
I want a bike for riding in the country
« on: November 13, 2015, 04:24:25 PM »
My ruckus is great for in town riding but I have wanted to cruise in the country.

more mid life crisis.  Never going to grow up.  :)

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

bulbasaur

Re: I want a bike for riding in the country
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2015, 04:54:12 PM »
Depends on what you want to do....Afternoo n ride?  Century ride?  Multi-day trip?  Camping?  On road?  Off road? 

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2015, 09:20:54 PM »
My ruckus is great for in town riding but I have wanted to cruise in the country.

more mid life crisis.  Never going to grow up.  :)

Live while you can...

Offline duckwingduck

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +172
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2015, 05:22:40 PM »
I have a million dollar life insurance policy.   So i should take more risk.

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2015, 02:28:00 AM »
I have a million dollar life insurance policy.   So i should take more risk.

Risk is just a fact of life from the day you were conceived. Some have even died while sleeping peacefully. With that said, there are those of us that live and died fulfill and there are those that tip toe through life just the meet death at the end just the same...

hua

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2015, 11:56:27 PM »
Enduro!

Sifu

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2015, 02:20:33 PM »
Mountain bike if you really want to see the country.

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2015, 11:05:25 PM »
Mountain bike if you really want to see the country.

Yes, the most versatile type imo:

Sifu

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2015, 08:34:46 AM »
Nothing wrong with either.  I may not be into motorcycles as much but I love my mountain bike.  Take it to places you wouldn't normally go.

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2015, 09:32:14 AM »
Nothing wrong with either.  I may not be into motorcycles as much but I love my mountain bike.  Take it to places you wouldn't normally go.

Bicycles are cool too. It will take longer to explore a country but it can be done and much cheaper too...

Offline Boost

• Jr. Poster
  • "Year Of The Dragon"
  • Respect: +19
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2015, 06:04:06 PM »
Those mountain bikes costs more than a Ruckus brand new. My buddy just bought his wife a Santa Cruz and they're close to 5K. ;D

I'd get a little bigger bike with traction tires. A cruiser or sports cruiser would be nice. A crotch rocket wouldn't be idea for long riding and dirt trails.  :-\

GR Supra - Armaspeed, AWE, Function Werk, Forge, JB4..
S2000 - AP1 w/AP2 Swap, GT35, Haltech, AEM, Tial, T1R..
RX400h - Hybrid

Sifu

« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2015, 08:41:39 AM »
Mountain bikes are no joke.  I still have my original 1997 Cannondale F500 (that I still am using to ride trails).  People thought I was nuts to pay $1k for it back then.  I'm getting back into the hobby and my buddies' mountain bikes are over $7k!  They have like 3 different bikes for every type of terrain (snow, little rocks, big F-ing rocks).  Full carbon, full suspension, wicked pivot this, rad travel that.  I just ride a hardtail but when someone says 'bike the country' this is how I see it.  Just other options.  You can get super cushy mountain bikes but hardtails are bare minimum and Spartan.  Light and agile; the rear suspensions are your knees, back and butt.  Stupid fun on the downhill sections.

My hardtail.  The only thing more hardcore is to take a mountain bike (zero suspension) or cruiser and believe me people do.  I always give them OG's a nod because that is straight up crazy.

I love me some gasoline powered dirt bikes!  If I had the mojo to do that today...  Fun as hell and within my budget but I know I'd get hurt on one (I get hurt on a mountain bike).  And the Cannondale Habit...  Very tempting future purchase...

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2015, 11:04:27 AM »
Mountain bikes are no joke.  I still have my original 1997 Cannondale F500 (that I still am using to ride trails).  People thought I was nuts to pay $1k for it back then.  I'm getting back into the hobby and my buddies' mountain bikes are over $7k!  They have like 3 different bikes for every type of terrain (snow, little rocks, big F-ing rocks).  Full carbon, full suspension, wicked pivot this, rad travel that.  I just ride a hardtail but when someone says 'bike the country' this is how I see it.  Just other options.  You can get super cushy mountain bikes but hardtails are bare minimum and Spartan.  Light and agile; the rear suspensions are your knees, back and butt.  Stupid fun on the downhill sections.

My hardtail.  The only thing more hardcore is to take a mountain bike (zero suspension) or cruiser and believe me people do.  I always give them OG's a nod because that is straight up crazy.

I love me some gasoline powered dirt bikes!  If I had the mojo to do that today...  Fun as hell and within my budget but I know I'd get hurt on one (I get hurt on a mountain bike).  And the Cannondale Habit...  Very tempting future purchase...

Yep, like autos and motos, there are econo models as well as premium models. Back in the 90's my Kline mountain bike cost me 5k...after I added disc brakes, lights and few other goodies...

5k back then is probably 10k in today's money. I have a friend that paid about 10k for his road bicycle...the frame alone was 3k...

Advertisements