Advertisement

Author Topic: Foundation Reviews  (Read 8185 times)

zena

Re: Foundation Reviews
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2016, 04:25:15 PM »
I have sensitive skin as well but I've had to start reading labels because I try to stay as close to natural as possible.  It's impossible though.

I agree, Clinique is strong but I like their benzoyl peroxide all over face lotion or cream I think.  My daughter couldn't use it 'cause it was too drying so I decided to give it a try and it works on on my acne.  I still get acne in my 40's, could you believe?  It is stress acne though.  In the day I use DHC's salicylic spot treatment.

I think I might have to try the Ibuki line.  It's all so stressful trying to decide what brand to use.  There are just way too many choices out there.  I'm not looking for brightening yet but I'm sure I will.  Once I used a brightening lotion from Aveeno and it made my face rough and turned it darker somehow.  It was weird.  I'm wondering if what it was doing was turning my face to match what would have been my age spots if I had had any.  Well, as soon as I stopped all went back to normal.  I currently use a face scrub by Aveeno so I don't know what was up with the moisturizer.  Since then (that was about a decade ago) I've never tried any brightening anything.  It was just a bad experience I'm sure.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

zena

« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2016, 05:11:21 PM »
After sampling a small variety of liquid foundation and a cushion foundation, I've returned to my BE powder foundation.  It is the only foundation that doesn't look like I have any foundation on.  Funny but I find it really strange how someone would put concealer and foundation on and then put on contour makeup.  I don't get it.  I mean, I understand the goal: to have a smooth face and eccentuate certain parts of the face, but to me it always looks too overdone.

Offline tRouBLe

• Administrator
  • Welcome to PH! 😜
  • Respect: +1038
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2016, 10:32:57 AM »
Thanks, ladies, for your reviews/comparisons/opinions.  I've been browsing through Sephora online and reading foundation/moisturizer/cleanser reviews, since I'm on the lookout for new products.  I've tried a few samples I received from Sephora but nothing has really worked well on my skin.   :-\

Like this post: +1
Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. ~ John Wooden

zena

« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2016, 12:34:01 PM »
I keep finding myself returning to the LENEIGE BB Cushion even though I know it breaks me out.  I love how light it goes on and gives my face a nice glow.

TheDeviousOne

« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2016, 03:15:14 PM »
Hi. I use LA Girl pro concealer, da yellow one beacuse I kinda yellows.. i using as both foundation and concealer.  Hope that helping.

Sent from the future

Offline tRouBLe

• Administrator
  • Welcome to PH! 😜
  • Respect: +1038
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2016, 08:04:36 PM »
That makes sense why you don't know about Hourglass. The brand is quite popular. :)

So I got a sample of the Hourglass Illusion Hyaluronic Skin Tint in nude from Sephora.  I tried it this past weekend and it feels like a thicker foundation.  It was alright and it didn't break me out.  How is it compared to the Immaculate?

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. ~ John Wooden

zena

« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2016, 08:20:07 PM »
So I got a sample of the Hourglass Illusion Hyaluronic Skin Tint in nude from Sephora.  I tried it this past weekend and it feels like a thicker foundation.  It was alright and it didn't break me out.  How is it compared to the Immaculate?

I haven't tried the skin tint but I happen to think every Hourglass product is amazing.  I am currently using a veil type of face powder on top of my BE or just by itself and I totally love it.

Advertisements