Advertisement

Author Topic: 50cc?  (Read 6503 times)

meh

50cc?
« on: December 05, 2015, 01:50:50 AM »
just how dangerous is it to ride around on one of these? ive seen more than one person riding around on these as their main form of transportation but ive also heard horror stories. i wanted to be cheap and get one for my commute to school. only take the small roads for safety reasons. bad idea? this is me thinking it could be disastrous but clinging onto some hope.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
Re: 50cc?
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2015, 05:01:24 PM »
just how dangerous is it to ride around on one of these? ive seen more than one person riding around on these as their main form of transportation but ive also heard horror stories. i wanted to be cheap and get one for my commute to school. only take the small roads for safety reasons. bad idea? this is me thinking it could be disastrous but clinging onto some hope.

"how dangerous" or "bad ideas" depends on you regardless if you're driving a car, riding a bicycle or riding a motorcycle or do what ever activities.

When you say "50cc", I'm guessing you mean a scooter. If unsure, take the MSF course first to get your feet wet then decide...

Offline duckwingduck

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +172
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2015, 08:22:54 AM »
I have one.  It's a Honda ru kus.  You should be ok if your bike can keep up with traffic.  That's not a problem for me.  Mine can reach 40mph on flat road.   I love riding mine.  I have two cars but the moped beats them all in term of fun. 

FetishDream

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2015, 08:28:49 AM »
I have this in my daddy's garage... parked and plan non op with the dmv with it. 

yamaha ysr 50

very fun toy and operates just like a motorcycle with 5 gears.   O0

exactly the same color as this one.  In excellent condition too.  I put 4000 fun original miles on it already.  Bought for $300 when I was hitting puberty   :2funny:

Offline duckwingduck

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2015, 12:59:15 PM »
I bought a cup holder for a bike from Walmart and mounted it on my moped.  Now I can carry my coffee on the road.

I plan to attach leg guard and wind shield.  The wind is the enemy in the cold.  I ride it as long as it is 35 or higher. 

Hamster_Hero

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2015, 02:59:08 PM »
50cc 2 stroke?  Cuz I don't think you can keep up with regular road traffic with a 4 stroke..... or even a 2 stroke unless it's high modified.

I'm guess you mean those 150cc 4 stroke Chinese scooters.  I would get one if I was contemplating on it, makes sense to save gas and plus look cool for the ladies.  Hehehe.

Offline duckwingduck

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2015, 05:18:53 PM »
50cc 2 stroke?  Cuz I don't think you can keep up with regular road traffic with a 4 stroke..... or even a 2 stroke unless it's high modified.

I'm guess you mean those 150cc 4 stroke Chinese scooters.  I would get one if I was contemplating on it, makes sense to save gas and plus look cool for the ladies.  Hehehe.

I live in a small town.  the speed limit is 25mph and people are going about 30mph.  I often exceed the speed limit.  I am moving as fast as any cars on the road.  But only because people are not going 40 or over on a 25 mph road.  My moped accelerate about the same as most cars.

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2015, 06:53:59 PM »
Here here, some "me love you long time" moments for the 49cc Ruckus:

Offline duckwingduck

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2015, 08:57:11 PM »
Those are ugly ruckus. 

I prefer the stock ruckus but lower seat so a short person can ride it comfortably.

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2015, 09:32:53 PM »
Those are ugly ruckus. 

What ruckus?  ???

Oh you mean those things with two wheels... ;D

Offline duckwingduck

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2015, 04:59:11 PM »
I love my ruckus so much I ride it whenever I can.  If it's not freezing or raining, I ride it.  I wish I live further so I can enjoy the ride a little more.  Five minute ride is too short.

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2015, 06:21:12 PM »
I love my ruckus so much I ride it whenever I can.  If it's not freezing or raining, I ride it.  I wish I live further so I can enjoy the ride a little more.  Five minute ride is too short.

Easy solution. Get some winter gear and you should be OK. Those gear are for riders that want to ride year round in pretty much all weather elements.

This what my girl wore when we rode to Canada and it's all good as it's all about being prepare i.e., having the right gear  O0:

Offline duckwingduck

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2015, 09:35:20 PM »
I ride it to work.  I wear a full face helmet and even the helmet doesn't prevent cold air from getting into my head.

What I want to do to it:
1.  Install a wind shield to block the cold wind from my body.
2.  Install leg guards to block the wind from hitting my legs.

I think by eliminating the winds, that would make it comfortable riding even at 20 degree.

My concern is salt.  I'm worried salt will chew through my ruckus in few years.

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2015, 10:21:01 PM »
I've never needed to go this far but for those that do:

hua

« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2015, 11:25:57 PM »
Im jealous! I'd rock one of these for sure.  O0

Everyone that learns to ride always seems to want a 600 or 1k... But I've always found the smaller bikes to be so much more fun! What I really want is a Honda NSR400! lol

I have this in my daddy's garage... parked and plan non op with the dmv with it. 

yamaha ysr 50

very fun toy and operates just like a motorcycle with 5 gears.   O0

exactly the same color as this one.  In excellent condition too.  I put 4000 fun original miles on it already.  Bought for $300 when I was hitting puberty   :2funny:

« Last Edit: December 14, 2015, 11:28:38 PM by hua »

Advertisements