Advertisement

Author Topic: Ultraman 2016  (Read 4955 times)

Sifu

Ultraman 2016
« on: December 09, 2015, 09:34:06 AM »
I'm posting from my phone so I'm not sure if the embed feature is working.  A new Ultraman movie is coming and it looks pretty good.  Any other Kaiju Super Power Ranger Pacific Rim Gigantor Voltron Getta Robo fans looking forward to giant battles?  The live action AoT had moments but then it got lazy.  I've always loved Ultraman (early) and this looks like a proper kaiju movie.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjOvth3O2Vs

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Sifu

Re: Ultraman 2016
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2015, 08:36:43 AM »
I thought I'd never like CGI in daikaiju films but I really enjoyed Pacific Rim.  Big City battles actually could be done well.  My only gripe with Pacific Rim was that they're giant robots so the action isn't as fluid as giant suit actors.  I get it, there are limitations, it works and I still enjoy it. 

I grew up watching Ultraman so I'm hoping to see a proper movie treatment regardless if it isn't tokusatsu enough for me or not.  I just like entertaining films in general and to see the original Ultraman back is good news for me.  My daughter was wondering who Ultraman was so I'm hoping to get them started as well; they already love Power Rangers so they 'get it.'

Sifu

Re: Ultraman 2016
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2015, 01:30:57 PM »
I remember watching PR the first with my cousins.  I was too old for it and didn't dig it as much.  I mean look what we grew up with?  PR compared to Godzilla, Ultraman, Voltron, etc was better but kids love PR.  I really can't stomach anything but the original and Samurai.  The Megaforce is ehhh.  Cool that they can morph into past Rangers but it's all terrible CGI and much too serious.

I use to watch Kamen Rider back when Hmong people called him Ant Man.  Still love the original series.

Advertisements