Advertisement

Author Topic: Real Estate Agent  (Read 3707 times)

lito_chicken

Real Estate Agent
« on: December 30, 2015, 11:04:42 PM »
Hi Group,
I just recently got my license in August. If you know anyone that is interested in buying or selling in the Twin Cities, please shoot me a message. I would love to work for you. If you are an agent, I would love to get some advice from you. How do you start getting clients? And how long did it take for you to get your first client? Thanks!  ;D

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline slude

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +86
    • View Profile
Re: Real Estate Agent
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2016, 10:55:24 AM »
is it a seller's market right now?

lito_chicken

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2016, 01:33:43 PM »
is it a seller's market right now?

yes, it is a seller's market. Houses are going fast!

lito_chicken

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2016, 01:38:27 PM »
being a real estate agent is fun.  it does broaden one's horizon on business management, self motivation/perseverance and work experience from sales to marketing.

the key to success is not being a secret agent...advert ise yourself, word of mouth, letters, flyers and business cards.  meet somebody new, let them know you're an agent, meet with family/relatives at gatherings, let them know you're an agent, meet with friends/acquaintances, let them know you're an agent  and any referral is greatly appreciated. 

Ask your broker/co-agents to do open houses on their listings.  speaking of broker...find the one with the least amount of monthly fees and percentages (preferably flat rate on sales).  big names like Edina and Coldwell Banker charges you an arm and leg, just for having their name.

do walk thru on listings.

most important are the two P's - "Patience and Perseverance", cause you're not going to get your money right away.

don't be a lito chicken but a Rooster, in real estate!

Thanks for the advice!  I can't be a Rooster because I'm not a male, but I will definitely try to put myself out there more. Sometimes I feel like it's just too much where other people get annoyed.

Offline slude

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +86
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2016, 04:35:14 PM »
i have something i want you to help review and give me your opinion as a real realtor, if you don't mind.

lito_chicken

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2016, 04:12:10 PM »
i have something i want you to help review and give me your opinion as a real realtor, if you don't mind.

Sure. Shoot me a message or post it here. Thanks!

vl

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2016, 11:37:26 AM »
For all the real estate agents out there, can someone become a part time real estate agent?  Or do you really take up your 40 hours per week to perform the job? 

JimmyNeutron

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2016, 12:56:16 PM »
For all the real estate agents out there, can someone become a part time real estate agent?  Or do you really take up your 40 hours per week to perform the job?

I wouldn't hire an agent who does it part time.  When you know the agent depend on the sale/purchase to make a living, the agent tries harder.  Also, they won't know as much.  Would you want a surgeon who does surgery part time only or someone who does surgery every day and have a lot more experiences?

Offline SummerBerry

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +203
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2016, 04:42:10 PM »
Unless they are retired from that profession and doing it part time then I wouldn't see a problem with it. 

Offline nightrider

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +48
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2016, 07:34:02 PM »
Bad timing, I'm looking to buy but this isn't the time because it's a sellers market like you mention. I don't want  a 30yr life sentence.lol If the housing market crashes 2morrow, I'll contact you for sure.

Offline nightrider

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +48
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2016, 09:04:46 PM »
Never mind that last post. Are you still around? I'm thinking of tossing maybe up to 60 as a start up project. I just realize that time don't wait for anyone, but there's always a way to beat this market game.

Sifu

« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2016, 02:38:01 PM »
You can work part time and still be successful.  Realtors just need to know their market.  Our realtor was just using the realtor company for their resources and we would call upon her to get the skinny.  For the most part she just got her license so we could purchase property quickly and more efficiently.  It all depends what you want to do in some cases.

Advertisements